• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bronco's TEs

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos high on TE Derby for 2017 | PFF

What caught my eye in this article was that Derby - with his playing time - was 44th in TE production in the league, but 15th in blocking. There's is no doubt - this Derby has a higher ceiling than those numbers, but willingness to block - has to be the first thing to look for in a TE - or else he is just a WR that is slower than the rest of the receivers on the team.

I think - perhaps magically - this position has gone from non-existent to deep. Yes - the Broncos got Butt, but Derby and Heuerman can (when healthy) block and catch passes -then you have Green who is a top blocker - and can catch a pass.

I have to think - this bodes well for red zone production and 1st down production. Last year's lack of TE production was like being lost in the desert with nothing to drink - for me. The Broncos have a long history of TE production. Being without is - is unBronco like.

A good TE end should be a great safety valve for a QB avoiding the rush.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mingo. I think a great example of why your post holds water as too the " confidence " level Denver has with their Te situation is the fact they let Howard ( te Ala ) get all the way to pk 19. With Denver focusing on fixing O line and how instrumental a Te is in both blkg and receiving in successful offences, Denver felt comfortable addressing LT position first. Meaning that even as critical both positions ( Ltd and Te are ), they passed on the # 1 te in most expert opinions, and went to the area that they deemed more of a necessity. I think, if they stay healthy anyway, TE in Denver is currently in good shape and when Butt gets going they just might have the next......( NY Giants great Te they had in past.....can't think of his name just now !!!!!! I will after I post this I'm sure ;)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Butt the next Witten.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Butt the next Witten.
Navarro vs Witten..... both great recieving, blocking and red zone targets. One thing I will give to Bavarro over Witten is " was hard to bring down ". Written is no slouch in that category but Bavarro was in a league of his own there. If Butt just came to be half the player those to are/were, Denver is in great shape at Te position for years to come.Hopefully. :)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

He is the Next Butt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Butt was/is a great traditional TE. He blocks well and makes big catches over the middle. He will never have speed but he will be the multi-tool TE that never has to leave the field.

Am pissed the Lions took Roberts and passed on Butt. I think he will be a solid starter for a dozen years when he gets healthy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was such a disappointment for the entire offense but especially for the TE position. None of them could stay healthy enough to build any kind of chemistry with the QB. Hopefully this is the year they can all finally stay healthy and show why the Broncos traded for, drafted, or re-signed. All have shown some promise along the way but promise doesn't mean production. We need them though to show up big. Derby is my choice at least for this year to be that guy that emerges as the starter and gives us maybe 30-40 catches with 5 TD's. Nothing spectacular but at least something teams have to plan for.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was such a disappointment for the entire offense but especially for the TE position. None of them could stay healthy enough to build any kind of chemistry with the QB. Hopefully this is the year they can all finally stay healthy and show why the Broncos traded for, drafted, or re-signed. All have shown some promise along the way but promise doesn't mean production. We need them though to show up big. Derby is my choice at least for this year to be that guy that emerges as the starter and gives us maybe 30-40 catches with 5 TD's. Nothing spectacular but at least something teams have to plan for.
I actually agree that Derby will be the guy out of all the Tes this year if the other issues are corrected. Not giving up on Huerman talent wise, but not confident he will stay healthy. Like Butt as a potential all pro when if he gets 100% also

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Navarro vs Witten..... both great recieving, blocking and red zone targets. One thing I will give to Bavarro over Witten is " was hard to bring down ". Written is no slouch in that category but Bavarro was in a league of his own there. If Butt just came to be half the player those to are/were, Denver is in great shape at Te position for years to come.Hopefully. :)

Didn't he used to put sewer covers on a squat bar and work out with them?