• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2019 NFL Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get this party started.

I will do my way too early 1 round mock sometime this week and then we can all see how bad it looks next April.

The DL class is very deep. You will be seeing a lot of Clemson players off the board early. Probably a good amount of Alabama, LSU and Michigan also.

My James Washington of next years draft is Arizona State WR N'Keal Harry. He will be a JR and expect him to declare... Has great size.

My Derwin James (fav DB) in next years class is yet to be determined. There are a lot of options there for me. I am sure you're all waiting eagerly to find out whose that DB I am going to be annoying you with next year who will end up on the Raiders or Chiefs of course. :(

The QB class doesn't look to be near as good at the top next year, but some guys will emerge.
I really like South Carolina QB Jake Bentley and Oregon QB Justin Herbert to step it up a notch this year to develop into legit prospects.

Right now Michigan QB Shea Patterson (Miss transfer who doesn't have to sit out a year) is probably the top get at QB going into the draft process.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Denver may go CB next year or a stud ILber.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we sign Roby long term we might not go CB early. Probably depends on Yiadom/Langley this year really if either bust out to be a #3 CB then we won't go CB early, if we re-sign Roby long term and neither Yiadom or Langley take the CB spot then I would expect a CB early again.

I hate to say it but could we be needing OL again early next year? Without a FA or season obviously can't answer that but fun to think about it this slow May.

ILB probably depends on Jewell, but you could say that about all the positions.

We may be looking at a young QB next year if Chad Kelly doesn't step up.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year all I want is a freak interior pass rusher... Put a monster between Chubb and Von and build the best defensive front in the NFL for the next 5 years.

When you have 3 guys that you can't leave 1v1 on the defensive front... well... it ruins game plans. You can't double Von and Chubb... but those guys won't get home every time anyways. Furthermore, with the rise of the quick pass game, teams can nullify edges more than normal... however get a guy who can push the pocket and dominate the the interior w/ Chubb and Von on the outside and you create something that can fuel an entire team, not just a unit, for years and years...

And next year's IDL class looks F***ING incredible at the top.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year all I want is a freak interior pass rusher... Put a monster between Chubb and Von and build the best defensive front in the NFL for the next 5 years.

When you have 3 guys that you can't leave 1v1 on the defensive front... well... it ruins game plans. You can't double Von and Chubb... but those guys won't get home every time anyways. Furthermore, with the rise of the quick pass game, teams can nullify edges more than normal... however get a guy who can push the pocket and dominate the the interior w/ Chubb and Von on the outside and you create something that can fuel an entire team, not just a unit, for years and years...

And next year's IDL class looks F***ING incredible at the top.

Could be. Depends where Denver is picking and who is still there. Top 10 I would want a CB if that is a need over a DT and both a CB and DT are ranked the same. Could be looking at the same reason why Clev went Ward instead for Chubb. Jax is still building their DLine with Coughlin.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A long-term solution at RT wouldn't be too bad to add either.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One mock draft I saw had us taking Drew Lock, QB, Missouri. in the first round.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One mock draft I saw had us taking Drew Lock, QB, Missouri. in the first round.

He better have a lot of growth between now and the draft then.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You draftniks are all crazy. I'm still trying to learn the names of all our picks from the last couple of days. Who knows what the 2018 season is going to bring us? This will probably be my only post on this thread until late April of next year. I'm sure that won't break any hearts, since I have nothing to contribute anyway!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You draftniks are all crazy. I'm still trying to learn the names of all our picks from the last couple of days. Who knows what the 2018 season is going to bring us? This will probably be my only post on this thread until late April of next year. I'm sure that won't break any hearts, since I have nothing to contribute anyway!

Haha I'm not as crazy as a couple of them on here. Nick for the past 6 months has been sending me video of players for the 2019 draft. The man knows his stuff and then some.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope QB drafting is not a subject of conjecture - next year.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Case turns into a pumpkin... well.. we are talking QBs next year most likely

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Lock also loses his #1 WR in J'Mon Moore, but he will have a nice run game around him with Damarea Crockett and Larry Rountree. He also has Emanuel Hall at WR who came on late last year and Jonathan Johnson who is a burner. So he should have weapons to succeed there. I like Lock but don't love him yet. Like Carl said he has a ways to go. He looks great at times, bad at others... He really needs to put it all together this year to be a legit prospect. Missouri's defense has been brutally bad the past two years after generally being great with pass rushers and adequate DB's... So he should have plenty of chances for shootouts this year because I don't see much returning there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Lock also loses his #1 WR in J'Mon Moore, but he will have a nice run game around him with Damarea Crockett and Larry Rountree. He also has Emanuel Hall at WR who came on late last year and Jonathan Johnson who is a burner. So he should have weapons to succeed there. I like Lock but don't love him yet. Like Carl said he has a ways to go. He looks great at times, bad at others... He really needs to put it all together this year to be a legit prospect.

There is a reason that he went back to college after NFL draft people told him there is no way he would go in the 1st round and would probably be closer to a 3rd round type prospect. He has some great tools for sure and made some big time passes but I think his stats are a little out of control compared to the type of player he really is.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason that he went back to college after NFL draft people told him there is no way he would go in the 1st round and would probably be closer to a 3rd round type prospect. He has some great tools for sure and made some big time passes but I think his stats are a little out of control compared to the type of player he really is.

Just under half of his touchdowns came against very poor defenses in Missouri State (7 td passes) Idaho (6 touchdown passes) and UConn (5 touchdown passes) total of 18 of his 43 touchdowns.

Not knocking him for going big against those teams, but he is just inconsistent right now. He was pretty impressive against Florida and Georgia. Had a good touchdown game vs Arkansas but not real impressive overall game it felt like he threw about 50 passes that game and only half hit his receivers and he turned the ball over in that game. He really struggled late in the year vs Tennessee and Vanderbilt after starting the season off well. He's good, just not quite there, he got a rd 2-3 grade by the advisory board and made a smart decision to stay. He had a lot to gain coming back, not only from draft status but pure development, something QB's like Brett Hundley a few years back should have done... I feel a guy like Hundley really hurt himself not staying an extra year and working on accuracy. Look what an extra year did for Dak Prescott. He improved leaps and bounds as a passer from his JR to SR year. I think Lock would have gone round 3 this year, after Mason Rudolph. If Rudlolph fell to round 3 pretty sure Lock would have been after him depending on him lighting up workouts which right now I find that hard to believe with inconsistent play. He was very smart in returning and it should work out well for him.

Jake Browning really needs to re-find his game this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just under half of his touchdowns came against very poor defenses in Missouri State (7 td passes) Idaho (6 touchdown passes) and UConn (5 touchdown passes) total of 18 of his 43 touchdowns.

Not knocking him for going big against those teams, but he is just inconsistent right now. He was pretty impressive against Florida and Georgia. Had a good touchdown game vs Arkansas but not real impressive overall game it felt like he threw about 50 passes that game and only half hit his receivers and he turned the ball over in that game. He really struggled late in the year vs Tennessee and Vanderbilt after starting the season off well. He's good, just not quite there, he got a rd 2-3 grade by the advisory board and made a smart decision to stay. He had a lot to gain coming back, not only from draft status but pure development, something QB's like Brett Hundley a few years back should have done... I feel a guy like Hundley really hurt himself not staying an extra year and working on accuracy. Look what an extra year did for Dak Prescott. He improved leaps and bounds as a passer from his JR to SR year. I think Lock would have gone round 3 this year, after Mason Rudolph. If Rudlolph fell to round 3 pretty sure Lock would have been after him depending on him lighting up workouts which right now I find that hard to believe with inconsistent play. He was very smart in returning and it should work out well for him.

Jake Browning really needs to re-find his game this year.

All good points. Throw in this next QB draft doesn't look as strong or deep as this one a few days ago so should have an opportunity to go 1st round if he shows some improvement for sure. There are other QB's right now that I would have over Lock heading into this season but he has the biggest opportunity for a huge rise.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easton Stick doesn't get enough credit

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that I get to watch Ed Oliver this year in person, however I don't love that unless we really suck we'll be in position to draft him.

Thorson I liked the two times I saw him, I also think Finley would be a decent fit.

Julian Love right now is my favorite DB, from my favorite team... Go Irish!

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my fave DB next year is LSU Greedy Williams. Any CB w/ the name of 'greedy' is gonna be a boss