• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2018 NFL Draft

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I do not want to win but I also want to see VJ get another year
I didn't know anyone else thought the same as me. Seems all Bronco fans want him gone yesterday. He shouldn't be absorbing all the blame. ** ahem, JE, **

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reasons why VJ should get year 2

1. No QB (Hard for vet HC's to win without one) you expect a 1st year HC to win without one.
2. Too much change on staff
3. JE put him in no win situation
4. VJ is a great guy and a CU Buff :)
5. If we have few lean years its on JE not just VJ. Need to rebuild core.

Why I would fire him

1. Leader of men yes in press conf. On gamedays he looks like no leader of men so far.
2. Overall getting worse at everything after 12 games.
3. JE goofed we need a HC that pushes guys not be buddies
4. No flashes of good play since Dallas
5. If VJ gets year 2 his leash will be even shorter.

Just my goofy thoughts

Last edited:

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know anyone else thought the same as me. Seems all Bronco fans want him gone yesterday. He shouldn't be absorbing all the blame. ** ahem, JE, **

This is correct

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.I'm not sure how the blame falls on the coach when the QBs themeselfs are making boneheaded INTs. Elway picks these QBs .
Brock throws a RZ INT that could be a 14 point swing, same with Lynch and last week Trevor was missing wide open WR by 10 yards. Put a journeyman like Josh McCown on this team and are they still 3-9?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like VJ has so little control on this team that he is more of an assistant coach then an actual coach. Maybe I am wrong, but Elway needs to trust the guys he hires more.. VJ is very limited in what he can do here, IMO.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like VJ has so little control on this team that he is more of an assistant coach then an actual coach. Maybe I am wrong, but Elway needs to trust the guys he hires more.. VJ is very limited in what he can do here, IMO.

Seems like it great post DC.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moneyball out in CLEV. Still going to keep a coach who is 1-27.
Can't pass on both Wentz and Watson and keep your job.

Maybe Denver can get Gordon. FA?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft geeks

Assume Denver picks #4 and top two QBs gone.
Give me two guys in each round
Who you got in rounds 1, 2 , 3

I'd like LT, Slot WR, RB

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Connor Williams OT/OG Texas
2. Taven Bryan DT/DE Florida
3. Hayden Hurst TE South Carolina
3c. Alex Cappa OT Humboldt St
4i. JC Jackson CB Maryland
4ii. Josey Jewell ILB Iowa

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO,

So two teams, Clev and SF made or attempted to trade for a young veteran QB to guide their franchises in the future. Just curious and I ask, why?? Why not draft one of the two QB at the top of the draft. I mean Clev for sure will draft 1 or 2. SF top 3-4.

It's simple in my mind. The NFL have a really hard time evaluating the college QB that run the spread offenses, run plays off cards, and do not call their own plays. The only thing they can evaluate is arm talent. In addition , these two teams can franchise a QB and evaluate them for a whole year because they are flushed with cash.

Both LA and Philly traded up for their QB plus most teams around Denver's draft spot in 2018 have a QBOTF. Plenty of trade options to move up. Then what if Darnold does not come out. Now you have one QB at the top.

The top of the draft is in play if you really want it to be don't fret mainly because Denver on the road is really bad offensively and one win will not derail the future of this franchise because there is no Luck or Manning at the top of the draft . Don't the same teams typically draft top 10 year in and year out. Wonder why ?

Who knows if the QB will come from FA then you are looking at a young QB in a round past 1 and the talent from #3-#10 relativity the same.

#1 rated defense right now in total yards. Epic shutout yesterday.

Relax and enjoy Broncos football when the Denver defense shows up because its really fun to watch.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Connor Williams OT/OG Texas
2. Taven Bryan DT/DE Florida
3. Hayden Hurst TE South Carolina
3c. Alex Cappa OT Humboldt St
4i. JC Jackson CB Maryland
4ii. Josey Jewell ILB Iowa

Question. Really want to ride with Booker next year?

I think we can sign a G in FA, move Leary back to LG . Draft the LT and then come back and add some talent at WR ,and RB. instead of DT /OT in rounds 2 and 3 though I really like LBers in the 2nd. A lot of all pro LBer selected in round 2.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you all think about Arden Key ? Looks intriguing to me opposite Von .

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question. Really want to ride with Booker next year?

I think we can sign a G in FA, move Leary back to LG . Draft the LT and then come back and add some talent at WR ,and RB. instead of DT /OT in rounds 2 and 3 though I really like LBers in the 2nd. A lot of all pro LBer selected in round 2.

I don't really but been told outside of Saquon Barkley team isn't looking at RB until round 5 or later

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really but been told outside of Saquon Barkley team isn't looking at RB until round 5 or later
This scares me. Maybe a reason why they passed over Kamaura.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we need a RB? Booker is coming along nicely and we know Henderson has talent just a matter of letting him play. If we keep CJ all we do is replace Charles with Henderson and we're set, if we lose CJ maybe we go RB in round 3 or 4 but I don't think it's as big a need as people think.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This scares me. Maybe a reason why they passed over Kamaura.

Way too early.

I don't think the team can honestly say they wouldn't look at another RB outside Barkley right now without even going through the offseason draft process.

Don't look much into that.

I would expect Booker, Henderson and a rookie RB. You can always get a good RB in rd 3-5 it seems.

I honestly don't know how anyone at this particular time can say "We won't look at a RB in the top 5 rounds outside the #1 RB in the draft right now", just isn't possible to make that conclusion with 3 weeks left in the season and no offseason yet.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henderson became a father this week and was inactive. Many feel had he not had that event happen he would have seen the field this week.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also love how us fans always get bent out of shape over who we passed on and hold a grudge for it. I did it with several players such as Ed Reed. I wanted Kamara as bad as anyone here but we have to remember... At some point we pretty well talk about damn near every prospect at least the ones in the first 3 rounds and it's easy for us all to wine about passing over so and so for so and so when it is a need. We did it with Russell Wilson too. Every team is going to have that come up every single draft. It's just not possible to be perfect.

We also pass on a lot of prospect we as fans like that end up crap prospects, but we never praise Denver for passing on players we think will be great and they stink.

Then again we often take players who we think will stink and they do stink too. ;)