• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill still take cam

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Shaheen Ashland

mid round pick Denver is looking at today

2017 NFL Draft Profile: Adam Shaheen

He has talent for sure. Just worry that he is more of a project that will take a year or two before we see what he brings to the team. Some other rookie TE's that I think can be day 1 impact guys for us.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayock has Cam listed as G right now.

Yeah he's been driving that thought for a while. I've listened to people who have coached and/or played the position that completely disagree with that thought process. I honestly trust their evaluation a bit more and from what I have seen watching him that he can handle the Tackle position. He was one of the few to give #1 overall pick Myles Garrett some issues and other top pass rushing prospects from the SEC.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the first tackle off the board comes at #20 , I would seriously look to draft a stud defender and continue to keep our D strong. Would be scared that no team would draft an OT before 20.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the first tackle off the board comes at #20 , I would seriously look to draft a stud defender and continue to keep our D strong. Would be scared that no team would draft an OT before 20.
honestly he pry goes top 15 still but his value is right at 20 imo

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree with the G assessment. He can play G, and maybe that's where he plays year 1, but he has more than enough athleticism and length to handle T. Just needs to clean up his technique and consistency

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree with the G assessment. He can play G, and maybe that's where he plays year 1, but he has more than enough athleticism and length to handle T. Just needs to clean up his technique and consistency
And his friends

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And his friends

If he had more than the one incident I think I would be a bit more worried. 1 incident though could have just been one night of a kid being an idiot when in reality they are not usually like that. I'm a bit more worried that he isn't known as a well liked guy in the locker room but that is just some rumors going around so not sure how true it is.

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very few times over last decade and more has the NFL failed to draft multiple OTs in the top 13 picks, often 3 with 2 top 10s (even in the face of video bong smoking).

Scouts aren't telling anyone these guys are that strong of LT prospects, they are saying exact opposite.

As desperate as teams are for LTs, if one slips to us I wouldn't be overjoyed because it is the rest of the league saying these guys aren't that good of LT prospects and us saying we are desperate and will bypass much better players to fill a need. Been there done that with George Foster.

More than happy to take a guard at our spot, even projected (think Zach Martin listed at OT but everyone knew he'd play inside), because there are quality guys like that in this draft but the Broncos better not waste their 1st pick in a deep draft on a long shot need.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very few times over last decade and more has the NFL failed to draft multiple OTs in the top 13 picks, often 3 with 2 top 10s (even in the face of video bong smoking).

Scouts aren't telling anyone these guys are that strong of LT prospects, they are saying exact opposite.

As desperate as teams are for LTs, if one slips to us I wouldn't be overjoyed because it is the rest of the league saying these guys aren't that good of LT prospects and us saying we are desperate and will bypass much better players to fill a need. Been there done that with George Foster.

More than happy to take a guard at our spot, even projected (think Zach Martin listed at OT but everyone knew he'd play inside), because there are quality guys like that in this draft but the Broncos better not waste their 1st pick in a deep draft on a long shot need.

I guess this is where I stand. I don't think every OL player in this draft is a reach at 20. I think there are a couple of guys I can get behind being both value and need for the team.

Just looking around at some of the big boards by NFL media people they also agree that not every OL player is a reach.

Rob Rang for example has Ryan Ramczyk 16th on his board. So if we got him at 20 well that should be good value. He has Cam Robinson at 21. So I guess a reach by 1 spot but still to me that is value considering the need. Some of this yes depends on who is still on the board at the time but just because this is a bad draft for the OL doesn't mean there are not some starter quality players in this draft for the position.

Walterfootball has Cam at 20 and Ramczyk at 25.

Lance Zerlein has Ramczyk at 22

Drafttek has Ramczyk at 15 and Lamp at 24

Matt Miller has Bolles at 21, Lamp at 27 and Ramczyk at 28

PFF has Ramczyk at 23.

So some of these are a bit of a reach but not by much. They are for the most part valued right about where we pick.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill pass on a lot of those guys opinion though. All due respect...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill pass on a lot of those guys opinion though. All due respect...

I'm more pointing towards the idea that not everybody thinks every OL player in this draft is trash. There are some skill sets that leave you hopeful they can succeed in the NFL.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean there has to be something good out there.

I am not a big OL person as I always admit (at least I admit it unlike a lot of people who try and act like they know what they are talking about) I focus too much on other positions... But I have found a few mid round guys I like this year but not as guys who can come in and play right away)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean there has to be something good out there.

I am not a big OL person as I always admit (at least I admit it unlike a lot of people who try and act like they know what they are talking about) I focus too much on other positions... But I have found a few mid round guys I like this year but not as guys who can come in and play right away)

It is probably the position I spent the most time studying past coaches and what they had to say about the position and the things they try to teach at all the levels of the game. Very humbling to see how much more there really is to learn about every position in football.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent and ability is one thing - it still comes down to what's in a guy's heart - that makes him a good player. That's one of the things that makes the draft so unpredictable. Unfortunately, for me - from my vantage point as a fan - I have no way of determining what kind of heart a player will bring (though - I'm always thrilled to when you can see it in their play).

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent and ability is one thing - it still comes down to what's in a guy's heart - that makes him a good player. That's one of the things that makes the draft so unpredictable. Unfortunately, for me - from my vantage point as a fan - I have no way of determining what kind of heart a player will bring (though - I'm always thrilled to when you can see it in their play).
This is why mac may be the surest pick in the draft
You know he's a professional football player

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this about Mac, he's smooth as hell catching the ball, and his quickness is off the charts. I will still hold out hope that Rueben Foster slides to us though.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still don't have a LT or DT for all intents and purposes