• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broken Wrist for Justin Turner

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty timing.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the opposite, better now than say September...
Compared to September yeah now is much better, but we're less than 2 weeks away from opening day. I know the Dodgers are looking down the road and should feel confident about making the postseason even with this injury but the NL West won't be easy, a slow start could be difficult to recover from. Tough break regardless, no pun intended.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks. Even if he has a speedy return, wrist/hand injuries can effect batters for while after their return.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To bad, Turner's one of my favorite players. Best wishes to him in his recovery.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Kike did say he wanted to be a starter. This should get him a few more at bats for the first month or so of the season. It sucks, but it's not a huge deal as the Dodgers are loaded with everyday players.

Compared to September yeah now is much better, but we're less than 2 weeks away from opening day. I know the Dodgers are looking down the road and should feel confident about making the postseason even with this injury but the NL West won't be easy, a slow start could be difficult to recover from. Tough break regardless, no pun intended.

True, but in my opinion the drop off given the Dodgers' depth isn't enough to sink them on that small of a time frame. I'm more worried about the holes left by Darvish, Morrow, Watson. Although Morrow and Watson were bargain bin deals that could happen again.

Last edited:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kike batting .340 with 4 homers, all against right-handed pitchers (he's known as a lefty-masher, so that's impressive for him) and 16 RBI's this spring. It's only ST but he hit 11 homeruns in the entirety of the 2017 regular season. He'll most likely see a lot of 2nd base as Forsythe is a pretty decent 3rd basemen. We might see Kike breakout this year much like Chris Taylor did when Toles tore his ACL near the start of last season.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be tough to replace Turner's offense, but the Dodgers have plenty of infield depth and should survive his absence just fine with Forsythe and Hernandez (and maybe Taylor?).

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be tough to replace Turner's offense, but the Dodgers have plenty of infield depth and should survive his absence just fine with Forsythe and Hernandez (and maybe Taylor?).

Having guys like Taylor and Hernandez with the ability to play both the infield and outfield definitely helps cover injury. There are a multitude of options Roberts has at his disposal. It'll come down to who the opposing pitcher is and which players need rest on any given night, that is if Hernandez does not capitalize on this opportunity to take starting 2nd base or even LF depending on how Kemp does. Even Barnes could play a decent 2nd base if needed.

Then you have guys like Verdugo and Toles who aren't even going to be on the 25-man roster.