• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bring 'em back

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this idea on another site and thought it would be cool to do here. If you could pick just one former Buckeye to bring back this season to play on the 15-16 squad who would you pick? Rules: Player has to be recent enough that he would still be in playing shape. Doesn't have to be on an NFL roster. My pick- Cameron Heyward. Line Cam up opposite of Bosa with Diesel and watch offensive lines get crushed. Honorable mentions- Ryan Shazier. Lee, Kwon, and Shazier would have to be the fastest linebacker corps ever. Ted Ginn. Teddy would be absolutely devastating in a Meyer offense (as long as we keep Roy Hall away from him)

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tempted to go with Carlos Hyde but Zeke is more than enough with Sameul behind him. Loved watching El Guapo run over defenders like they were in Pop Waarner.

I'd say our positions of need would be WR (a proven big play threat) and CB.

So Bradley Roby

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tempted to go with Carlos Hyde but Zeke is more than enough with Sameul behind him. Loved watching El Guapo run over defenders like they were in Pop Waarner.

I'd say our positions of need would be WR (a proven big play threat) and CB.

So Bradley Roby

That is a fair assessment. I'd throw in Chris Gamble if going that route as he could play both!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always a big AJ Hawk guy. Ginn Jr. Beanie Wells was fun to watch w his stiff arm. This is tough guys.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andy Katzenmoyer or Eddie George. Maybe Keith Byars or Tim Spencer. Maybe even Cal Murray or Pete Johnson. Archie would make a great H back.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always a big AJ Hawk guy. Ginn Jr. Beanie Wells was fun to watch w his stiff arm. This is tough guys.

Beanie's stiff arm was like late 90's video game good. Where you stiff armed and it punched the player back 3ft. Was meant to be fun not tough :suds: No wrong answer. I'd even like to throw in Mike Nugent.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense:
We are good at QB and RB. WR deep threat is a must. So Ted Ginn would be great in the system and basically a replacement for Devin Smith. Also would be great in special teams.

Defense:
Linebackers are great. D-Line is pretty stout, probably could use a DE. Secondary is a little lacking. Safeties and corners I would have to go with either Donte Witner or Antoine Winfield (if he is still playing).

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still saying Carlos Hyde because if our offense is missing anything it might be goal line presence/power back which he fits perfectly. ZZeke, Samuel, and the QB are more than capable of getting the job done but it wouldn't hurt to have El Guapo in the backfield too!