• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Shane Beamer to VT

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh just kidding, you just dodged one there.

a_spurrier_i.jpg

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dagnabbit. You had me for a second there.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ms. Cleo you don't have anything on me Mo'n.

Attachments

• spurrier.jpg
    spurrier.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 48

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dadburnit !! my dentures fell out laughing so hard

=================

Be safe now! We can't have a fine gentleman as yourself becoming a casualty on the Cock board of Sports SportsHoopla.

Remember, as Charles M. Hayes once said..."Safety First" is "Safety Always"!

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll definitely miss Shane's recruiting. But not his coaching.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says you, not so much his former players or stats:

2007 - South Carolina OLBs/Special Teams
Rush Defense: 209.33 ypg (110th in NCAA)
Pass Defense: 168.75 ypg (4th in NCAA)
Kickoff Returns: 35th in NCAA
Punt Returns: 46th in NCAA
Kicker/Punter: Ryan Succop (now with Kansas City Chiefs)

2008 - USC CBs/Special Teams
Pass Defense: 159.23 ypg (2nd in NCAA)
Interceptions: 14 (49th in NCAA)
Kickoff Returns: 30th in NCAA
Punt Returns: 103rd in NCAA

2009 - USC Spurs/Strong Safeties/ Special Teams
Rush Defense: 137.69 ypg (52nd in NCAA)
Pass Defense: 163 ypg (8th in NCAA)
Kickoff Returns: 73rd in NCAA
Punt Returns: 74th in NCAA)
Blocked Kicks: 5 (8th in NCAA)

2010 - USC Spurs/ Strong Safeties/ Special Teams
Rush Defense: 112.43 ypg (12th in NCAA)
Pass Defense: 241.93 ypg (97th in NCAA)
Kickoff Returns: 90th in NCAA
Punt Returns: 115th in NCAA

NFL Players Coached

Emanuel Cook, SS, South Carolina (New York Jets)
Kevin Dockery, CB, Mississippi State (St. Louis Rams)
Anthony Dixon, RB, Mississippi State (San Francisco 49ers)
Captain Munnerlyn, CB, South Carolina (Carolina Panthers)
Darian Stewart, SS, South Carolina (St. Louis Rams)
Ryan Succop, K, South Carolina (Kansas City Chiefs)

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think those stats are pretty clear in showing how bad our special teams have been under Beamer. When we had Norwood around we got some blocks, but that's about it. Anyone who follows the team also knows that our pass defense has disintegrated over the last few years from being very good to being horrible this year, even with alleged "talent" like Gilmore (highly overrated by the media, still living off his HS reputation). So, I'm not sure what you see as indicating good coaching.
I know he gets along well with people.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have been a bad special teams coach, but did Spurrier allow him to use starters there??

As for his coaching your hybrid guys the last two years, one bad season does not equate to much. His season coaching the cornerbacks speaks for itself, and the hybrids in your 4-2-5 system, the two outside guys have to play the run and pass equally well(I played in a 4-2-5 system as a hybrid backer) and are usually set up to stop the run first. It is also very important for those guys to be instictual which is something that it is tough to coach.

Still, 99% of your fans on the message boards and players gush about the guy as a coach and leader of young men. Sour grapes all you want, but i will go with the vast majority opinion here.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have been a bad special teams coach, but did Spurrier allow him to use starters there??

As for his coaching your hybrid guys the last two years, one bad season does not equate to much. His season coaching the cornerbacks speaks for itself, and the hybrids in your 4-2-5 system, the two outside guys have to play the run and pass equally well(I played in a 4-2-5 system as a hybrid backer) and are usually set up to stop the run first. It is also very important for those guys to be instictual which is something that it is tough to coach.

Still, 99% of your fans on the message boards and players gush about the guy as a coach and leader of young men. Sour grapes all you want, but i will go with the vast majority opinion here.

Spurrier let him use some starters, but mostly not. But in fairness our special teams sucked before he was there also. He just didn't make them any better.
People gush about him because he's easy to like as a person, everyone agrees on that.
And it's perfectly natural for you to be optimistic about having him. We were happy that Spurrier and Holtz both brought their sons to coach. You naturally assume they're going to develop similar abilities as their fathers, not to mention create a good family atmosphere.
I have no sour grapes at all about him going (coaches come and go all the time), and stick to my assessment that we'll miss him much more as recruiter than a coach. The secondary has gotten really bad even with highly touted talent and a coach's job is to succeed with whatever system is being used, or make the proper adjustments to the system. I think Ellis Johnson will have no problem compensating for his absence. He just hasn't done that much. Just as one bad year doesn't define a coach, a couple of good ones don't either and the guy hasn't stood out that much.
As for 99% approval, well, 99% of any fan base is pretty ignorant and will go with the flow like sheep. That's why less than 1% are analysts.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ms. Cleo you don't have anything on me Mo'n.

Whaaaaaaa! Whaaaaaaa! You know we lost a coach to Youngstown State a couple years ago and we're sensitive about it! You're being a dick! And an asshole! And a dick in an asshole! Whaaaaaaaa! Whaaaaaa! You dick! Whaaaaaa! Now quit trolling and leave me alone before I tell daddy! Whaaaaa! Whaaaaaa! Trolldick! Whaaaaa!

:rolleyes: