• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News, Lakers Trade Mosgov & Russell for Brook Lopez & Pick 27!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's still alot of assets traded away just to get the player you have a 90% chance of signing next offseason.

4 young players to get a guy you could get for nothing.

4? Russell is already traded and the last I heard, the Lakers offer was the 27, 28 and Randle or Clarkson. That's 2 young players (Russell and either Randle or Clarkson) unless you're counting the draft picks.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Magic particularly didn't like Russell because of locker room and chemistry issues with the background of Russell's play inconsistency and he sheds that ridiculous Mosgov contract. But to turn around and offer the 27, 28, and Randle or Clarkson for PG is a bit too much for my tastes. He should hold on the rumored trade of those three players for PG. PG has made it quite clear that he is not interested in playing for anyone else but the Lakers. If I were Magic, and I am not, I'd offer the 28 and Clarkson for PG straight-up. Otherwise wait until next year and sign PG as a FA.
I would do that one, but not randle.

kobesgame

Fucking C**t Lawyer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not a fan of this trade. I think Russell is going to be a very good player in the league. I wish I could throat punch Jim Buss and Kupchak for their Mozgov/Deng signings last summer. Having to give up Russell to unload Mozgov is awful. And if this move facilitates moving Randle and picks for George I'll be even more pissed. I think Lopez will fit into the offense nicely, but I believe they would've been better off keeping Russell (even with the likely drafting of Ball). 3-guard rotation of Russell, Clarkson, Ball could've worked just fine since Russell can play both guard spots.

For the love of God, Magic, please don't unload Randle.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not a fan of this trade. I think Russell is going to be a very good player in the league. I wish I could throat punch Jim Buss and Kupchak for their Mozgov/Deng signings last summer. Having to give up Russell to unload Mozgov is awful. And if this move facilitates moving Randle and picks for George I'll be even more pissed. I think Lopez will fit into the offense nicely, but I believe they would've been better off keeping Russell (even with the likely drafting of Ball). 3-guard rotation of Russell, Clarkson, Ball could've worked just fine since Russell can play both guard spots.

For the love of God, Magic, please don't unload Randle.

They were going to be unloading Russell anyway if they get PG-13, so it's really not much of a loss. Russell wasn't well liked in the locker room and apparently has some pretty serious maturity issues.

Lopez gives the Lakers a modern center and getting the #27 pick means they went from potentially having no draft picks at all to having 3 first rounders.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Lopez started shooting 3's last season.....and making them at a decent clip for a C.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just can't wait to see this guy in Purple and Gold!!

This guy does it all, and such a pure shot from deep too!