• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking: Isaiah Thomas, More Traded to Lakers for Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is looking like the biggest steal in history

Cavs give up one semi-useful player, who is a one dimensional malcontent

And get a slew of useful players, and rid themselves of a bunch of guys destroying the team

Jesus

Lets not forget the biggest team chemistry killer on the planet is still there.
He was there reason they ended up with a bunch of guys they had to get rid of.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget the biggest team chemistry killer on the planet is still there.
He was there reason they ended up with a bunch of guys they had to get rid of.

Yeah well, he's also the biggest reason they are in the NBA finals instead of the NBA lottery every season, so I'll give him a small pass

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah well, he's also the biggest reason they are in the NBA finals instead of the NBA lottery every season, so I'll give him a small pass

Jim Kelly never seemed to get a lot of credit for that.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also said that of course he wants to start. Every player wants to start. But he's there to help mentor these young guys, try teach them how to win and will do whatever is asked of him.

Rachel Nichols says that Isaiah Thomas' agent texted her in all caps: “HE IS NOT COMING OFF THE BENCH"
IT's camp would want a buyout before he comes off the bench for LA.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rachel Nicholes says that Isaiah Thomas' agent texted her in all caps: “HE IS NOT COMING OFF THE BENCH"

IT's agent supposedly did send that text out. Assuming he did, obviously he did so prematurely because IT came off the bench in his first game and according to Luke is coming off the bench tonight.

IT's comments since that text have also been the opposite of what the text allegedly said.

If memory serves, Ramona Shelbourne, who is actually the Lakers inside reporter, expressed surprise that Rachel Nichols put that out there and said that isn't the message she got from IT.

Assuming that text was really sent, I could see that Being IT's initial reaction before realizing he'd be costing himself even more money on his next deal.

I mean, how do you go with the first thing that was supposedly said and ignore everything that has been said since?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rachel Nichols says that Isaiah Thomas' agent texted her in all caps: “HE IS NOT COMING OFF THE BENCH"

Still old news. Once IT spoke with Magic and Walton, things were smoothed over.

I don't think he'll be very happy with his options if they did buy him out. Unlikely to be any playoff teams interested, so he's better off playing with an uptempo team that will run him off screens. He needs to put up stats the rest of this season to boost his earnings this summer.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT was looking like a Max Player at certain stages the past 2 seasons

Could you imagine

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT was looking like a Max Player at certain stages the past 2 seasons

Could you imagine

That's why both the Celtics, then the Cavs have traded him. They don't want to fight out that salary discussion.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why both the Celtics, then the Cavs have traded him. They don't want to fight out that salary discussion.

Yeah, a number of factors, he could be literally the worst defensive player in the league, and his offense just may not offset that.....And the hip is a tricky thing, apparently there is a lotta concern as to if and when that thing could go on him

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't say I miss IT. Okay so Kyrie thinks the Earth is flat. Pretty damn dumb but he's still an upgrade @ PG.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I miss IT. Okay so Kyrie thinks the Earth is flat. Pretty damn dumb but he's still an upgrade @ PG.

Well yeah, of course. That's why he cost Crowder, Zizic, the Brooklyn 1st, and a future 2nd in addition to IT.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His replacement on the Cavs, George Hill, is at 115.2 for the season. IT can at least claim he's coming back from a severe injury and only played 15 games at that stat. Hill has 45 games (38 starts) at that number. Some other Cavs are nearly as bad: Korver is at 114.9, JR Smith is at 113.8, Green is at 113.5, etc., and they are all still there (Crowder was at 113.1). The Cavs defensive woes are not on IT alone.

So, I take it you guys have no interest in Devin Booker (113.9), DeAaron Fox (113.5), or Andrew Wiggins (112.6) due to their defensive struggles?

George Hill played for the Kings. Why would he have motivation? Yea yea excuses but we all know George Hill is actually a really good defender and he has size unlike IT. Comparing IT to Hill is worthless in this scenario.

Korver is used as a defender and you will see him play limited minutes with this new team.
Crowder is gone.

See how bad team defense affects everyone or a majority of the team? It’s amazing what morivation and young players providing good energy can do.
IT wasn’t the entire problem but he certainly didn’t help.

Comaring IT to young talented stars in the making that are offensive minded players early in the career is again a very bad comparison, especially adding to the fact IT didn’t fit in with this team and he struggled offensive. Lakers can gladly have him for 30 games, he will never improve defensively. He basically needs a great defensive team around him to hide his weakness, but being able to guard explosve PG’s is a big problem for whoever gets I.T. This is a PG league, so many great PG’s that are much better than IT on both sides of the ball

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close to a steal, let alone "the biggest steal in history." Both teams got exactly what they wanted/needed in this trade.

The Cavs got younger and more athletic.

The Lakers now have the most cap space of any team in the league and got a first round draft pick when they had none before the trade.

The Lakers are now set up for FA but if they are unable to lure FA’s this trade ends up pretty much worthless, losing two young talents. At least they have a chance now. I don’t see them getting PG or Lebron though, which looks to be their two main targets.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other 2019 bigtime FA’s:

KD
Melo (will be 35)
Deandre
Klay
Kemba

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close to a steal, let alone "the biggest steal in history." Both teams got exactly what they wanted/needed in this trade.

The Cavs got younger and more athletic.

The Lakers now have the most cap space of any team in the league and got a first round draft pick when they had none before the trade.

Yeah poor wording, the Lakers got what they wanted

I just know "some" saw this is as a white flag on the season for the Cavs and it looks like anything but

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are now set up for FA but if they are y unable to lure FA’s this trade ends up pretty much worthless, losing two young talents. At least they have a chance now. I don’t see them getting PG or Lebron though, which looks to be their two main targets.

It doesn't end up worthless at all. If they don't end up signing anyone this off-season, they just save the cap space for 2019 and let the kids develop for another year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah poor wording, the Lakers got what they wanted

I just know "some" saw this is as a white flag on the season for the Cavs and it looks like anything but

Definitely looks like anything but.

The Cavs actually got what they wanted too. They got younger and more athletic which they had to do to get out of the East, let alone have any shot of at least making the finals interesting.

They also have some young guys they can move forward with if Lebron does decide to leave.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't end up worthless at all. If they don't end up signing anyone this off-season, they just save the cap space for 2019 and let the kids develop for another year.

I mean if they are unable to sign a bigtime FA in the next two years. They will just have to build up young talent and their draft picks the next two years. Clarkson and Nance were both young talents though so if they are unable to get big targets that could bite them in the ass. Might just have to go with more of the good FA’s instead of going to the best. We will see what Magic can do.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean if they are unable to sign a bigtime FA in the next two years. They will just have to build up young talent and their draft picks the next two years. Clarkson and Nance were both young talents though so if they are unable to get big targets that could bite them in the ass. Might just have to go with more of the good FA’s instead of going to the best. We will see what Magic can do.

I love Clarkson and Nance, but at the end of the day, they are easily replaceable and the Lakers have already replaced both of them with better versions.

Clarkson is a very good scorer off the bench but is limited defensively. The Lakers have replaced him with Hart who scores just about as well as Clarkson but also plays defense and rebounds.

Nance is a great energy guy, plays defense, rebounds some and gets in a highlight reel play or 2 in almost every game. The Lakers replaced him with Kuzma who brings all of that, is a more consistent scorer and can hit the 3.

I agree that if the Lakers strike out in the next 2 FA's (I don't think they will, but you never know) then they'll have to just continue to develop the kids. Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma and Hart look like they can develop into a very nice group. The Lakers will have to be smart in who they put around them and maybe get another solid player or 2 in the next couple of drafts to get back to being contenders again.

I'm good with whichever way it goes.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would LAL consider IT on a one year deal for big $ in 2018 if they plan on striking FA in 2019?

I can't believe a team would throw a max contract at him.