• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Break down your receivers

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is your X? The go-to and split end, your Z, the quick speedy player, and Y, the slot.

Who is taking whose place from last year?

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a clue, man! It's Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is your X? The go-to and split end, your Z, the quick speedy player, and Y, the slot.

We have a brand new coaching staff who I'm sure is in the process of figuring all that out... For ONCE, we have some guys on the offensive coaching staff who know their ass from their elbows...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will probably start with Woods at the X, Austin at the Z, and Kupp in the slot.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with @shopson67

Here too is the rest of the roster projected starters....

Los Angeles Rams

QB: Jared Goff
RB: Todd Gurley
WR: Tavon Austin (Z)
WR: Robert Woods (X)
WR: Cooper Kupp (Y)
TE: Gerald Everett
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: John Sullivan
RG: Rob Havenstein
RT: Greg Robinson

DE: Dominique Easley
DT: Michael Brockers
DE: Aaron Donald
OLB: Robert Quinn
ILB: Alec Ogletree
ILB: Mark Barron
OLB: Connor Barwin
CB: Trumaine Johnson
CB: Kayvon Webster
S: Lamarcus Joyner
S: Maurice Alexander

» There are high hopes for rookies Cooper Kupp and Gerald Everett, but Jared Goff is not exactly playing with a stacked deck of receiving talent. The Rams essentially have three No. 3 receivers, but no No. 1 types.

» Holdovers like Goff, Tavon Austin and tight end Tyler Higbee will have to prove to this new coaching staff that they fit in Sean McVay's system or the team could look for other options next offseason.

» Wade Phillips has plenty of talent to work with, which should be scary for the rest of the NFC West. Outside of pass rusher Robert Quinn moving to outside linebacker, the transition for most Rams defenders to Phillips' defense should be seamless. I only project two new defensive starters, a low number for a new coaching staff.

Despite middling stats, Gregg Williams and Jeff Fisher often acted like this Rams defense was the second coming of the '85 Bears. Phillips could take the same players and make them look a whole lot better.

» The biggest concern for Phillips is at cornerback. Kayvon Webster, no better than a No. 4 option in Denver, is a likely starter in Los Angeles. He will battle with E.J. Gaines.

» The Rams are moving Greg Robinson to right tackle in an effort to salvage his career. Signing Andrew Whitworth at left tackle gives this group a chance to get much better.

NFC West projected starters: Cards poised to return to 2015 form

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we were moving G-Rob inside to guard? :L ....I got a bad feeling about this! :gaah:

Lets just hope ole alligator arms can earn some of that $$! :hope:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we were moving G-Rob inside to guard? :L ....I got a bad feeling about this! :gaah:

That will be worked out in camp. There will be a lot of competition and cross-training.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been hearing the guard spot in McVay's offense is very 'complicated' and that Rob has the 'intelligence' to excel at the Guard spot and we all know he wont be playing Left Tackle or Center (Another spot we hear takes a lot of 'intelligence'), so I guess they need to dumb it down for GRob and hope he finds his way.

Does anybody know if they give these guys the Wonderlic test anymore and if so what GRob's score was? Or is that only for the QB's?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing the guard spot in McVay's offense is very 'complicated' and that Rob has the 'intelligence' to excel at the Guard spot and we all know he wont be playing Left Tackle or Center (Another spot we hear takes a lot of 'intelligence'), so I guess they need to dumb it down for GRob and hope he finds his way.

Does anybody know if they give these guys the Wonderlic test anymore and if so what GRob's score was? Or is that only for the QB's?

Greg Robinson Wonderlic Test Score | Football IQ Scores

22 out of 50, average IQ

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woods I think will be a go to guy for Goff but I can also see Tavon having a better season too but look for a lot of passes going to the TE and a heavy dose of Gurley.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for Tackles....

Offensive Tackles have the highest average score among players, with an average score of 26.

When you factor in the attitude we've seen of his(which is basically who gives a damn)not a good combo!!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you factor in the attitude we've seen of his(which is basically who gives a damn)not a good combo!!!
What was interesting, I went to the site that shopson linked to look up Havenstein but I didn't see him there (I guess their data base only included noteworthy players and high draft picks) So I looked up Jared and he had something like a 36 which is great for a guy who didn't know the Sun set in the West before Hard knocks. With that however, he did trail Wentz who scored a 40!

Interesting to see some of the past and present greats who either scored low or high. Marino and Farve both scored rather low, a lot of WR's too, Donald score decent, not high but above average.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Have, are you guys surprised they are moving him to RG instead of keeping him at RT and having GRob play RG since he basically played as a guard in college in that run heavy offense?

I would think it would make more sense to kick Rob inside and leave Have where he is.

Thoughts?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Have, are you guys surprised they are moving him to RG instead of keeping him at RT and having GRob play RG since he basically played as a guard in college in that run heavy offense?

I would think it would make more sense to kick Rob inside and leave Have where he is.

Thoughts?

I thought the guard position was "too complicated" for GRob to grasp in this offense? Meaning, he's a complete dummy along with being a total bust...

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the guard position was "too complicated" for GRob to grasp in this offense? Meaning, he's a complete dummy along with being a total bust...

:agree:.... I guess coach thinks G-Robs the dumbest of the 2! :trash:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke GRob is!!! Also that article contains a bit of revisionist history... "The Robinson pick seemed as solid as any?" Not really!!!
Maybe not solid as any for a No. 2 Overall but he was projected in the top ten, and I think that's what the article was getting at.

2014 NFL Draft Profile: Greg Robinson

You just don't except this type of bust for a top 10 draft prospect.