• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Break down your receivers

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is your X? The go-to and split end, your Z, the quick speedy player, and Y, the slot.

In your case your two wideouts. Who's the one for the deep plays.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders right now. If one of the qbs we have gets it.....hopefully Denver utilizes every position to score points and doesn't need to have only one " go to guy " Ala NE. The theory that works best is to have a D have to account for multiple players to defend than one or two individuals. Denver's prob last year was they didn't have the run game to take pressure of Qb and Wrs and Defense for that matter.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT is going be used hard My guess he better like the screen again or he will be playing else were during the season I could see us still trade him .

IMO he is soft . I will give him credit last year he played hurt all year .. but he never looked good even healthy

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT is going be used hard My guess he better like the screen again or he will be playing else were during the season I could see us still trade him .

IMO he is soft . I will give him credit last year he played hurt all year .. but he never looked good even healthy

He's soft for playing hurt??? ;)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny though. One thing I noticed about DT was if he got hit hard early in game, it seemed to really effect his play rest of game. If he came out, got a couple clean catches and no big hit, he got better as game went. Big hit early to DT usually = alligator arms, less aggressive off line of scrimmage and in his cuts and more drops because he was looking for the hit that racked him earlier. I don't know I would venture toward soft....more like a guy that can't get focus back after big hit because he uh....doesn't like getting hit ? ;)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep he is he did not want to do Screens the last few years said it beats him up . that is soft .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is your X? The go-to and split end, your Z, the quick speedy player, and Y, the slot.

In your case your two wideouts. Who's the one for the deep plays.

Well we have more than 2 WR's.

As of now DT and Sanders yes are the only 2 true proven WR's on the team and can be moved around. DT and Sanders both have good speed to go deep and have shown the ability to get over the top of the defense. Sanders has shown more ability over the middle of the field where DT's strengths more line up with sideline type plays.

An interesting guy to keep an eye on is rookie Carlos Henderson. Good long speed and was used big time to get deep while at LA Tech. He also had the most broken tackles of any WR in this past draft so should get a healthy number of screen passes thrown his way to go let him do what he does best of making something out of nothing.

Beyond those 2 my guess right now of the other 2 that make the team are McKenzie (another draft pick this year who has special teams ability) and Jordan Taylor to back up the outside guys.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding last year, it boiled down to having virtually no run game, no threat at te and no time for qb to go down field even if both DT and Sanders ran 4.0. Hopefully, with a run game and a te emerging, more time for qb throw downfield or at least look that way, both DT and Sanders are, imo still capable of being one of best dual threats in league this year and we would prob see a guy like Henderson have a good impact as well if Denver has corrected their O line issue. Skies limit if they have.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Cody Latimer step up this year lol

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Cody Latimer step up this year lol
This could definitely be it for Cody if a couple wrs they brought in take his ST spot. I still am rooting for him to finally explode but think we would of seen it by now. He is asset on ST though. One of the new guys could change that though.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could definitely be it for Cody if a couple wrs they brought in take his ST spot. I still am rooting for him to finally explode but think we would of seen it by now. He is asset on ST though. One of the new guys could change that though.

Excellent analysis - my friend.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody or Fowler .......................... Fowler he stepped up in big games over and over the SB year . He converted on a lot of 3rd downs that were huge and pivotal . I pretty grateful and huge fan of his . I am positive he going to be a great NFL WR !

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Cody personality . I do wish the kid the best and some how he stays on the team but he IMO is gone .

I believe he has a hard time learning play books . not sure on this ?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see us trade him