• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Marshall to Giants Cheap

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least in my opinion it is cheap. Forget Lefell. Marshall signed with the Giants for 2 years for $12 million ($6 million a year).

You pitch Lefell to the waste side, you are losing a couple guys that are going to cost money, easily could have afforded him, and if you have Green, Marshall, Boyd, Eifert, Bernard on the field, you are having to pick your poison. Marshall would have made a huge difference in this team at that price.

I think we need to try to keep Zeitler, see if he will sign for $10 million a year, let Kirkpatrick, Whitworth, Lefell walk. Just start Cedric at LT now, his natural side, give him the reps, draft a backup tackle at some point in case, and roll the dice.

Big mistake not even discussing options with Marshall.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was worried baltimore would snag him, glad he's a giant

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not heartbroken over it.
AJ Green and Eifert ( when healthy) are big bodied redzone targets. Marshall's still good but almost every WR falls off a cliff in their mid
30s.

Good move for the Giants who have two smaller WRs still on rookie contacts and can afford to pay 6 million a year for a possession/redzone guy in the twilight of his career. Plus with his TV gig and ties to NY it might have cost more to sign him here.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least in my opinion it is cheap. Forget Lefell. Marshall signed with the Giants for 2 years for $12 million ($6 million a year).

You pitch Lefell to the waste side, you are losing a couple guys that are going to cost money, easily could have afforded him, and if you have Green, Marshall, Boyd, Eifert, Bernard on the field, you are having to pick your poison. Marshall would have made a huge difference in this team at that price.

I think we need to try to keep Zeitler, see if he will sign for $10 million a year, let Kirkpatrick, Whitworth, Lefell walk. Just start Cedric at LT now, his natural side, give him the reps, draft a backup tackle at some point in case, and roll the dice.

Big mistake not even discussing options with Marshall.

Why even bother with this? I know you know better. None of this was ever even an option.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why even bother with this? I know you know better. None of this was ever even an option.

I know, but last week it was my turn to tell everyone to get real, you know the Bengals, been 20+ years, etc. This week it was someone elses turn to talk me down to reality. Just the cycle we as Bengal fans must go through.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aside from having Andy Dalton and a number of others on a pretty healthy contract, the bengals are basically coasting. They know they won't make the playoffs.

Either compete, or rebuild. That's what I say. If we're going to miss the playoffs, why have all these high paid mo-fo-s around? If anyone wants them, let them make an offer. we'll sign scrap heap players and undrafted free agents and idiots will still fill the seats.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Marshall already lives in NY, does Inside the NFL in NY. So he got a new job without having to re-locate, which was probably a big deal for him.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but last week it was my turn to tell everyone to get real, you know the Bengals, been 20+ years, etc. This week it was someone elses turn to talk me down to reality. Just the cycle we as Bengal fans must go through.

I know. Nothing but fun times in Bengalland. I'll take next week's shift being the naive optimist. I look forward to getting called a dumbass.