• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady Jams hand at Practice - X-Rays Negative

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady did not have his normal Wednesday Press Conference.Earlier it was reported that he was having his shoulder checked. Then Belichick releases the injury report and Brady is listed with a "Hand" injury.

Now every Tom, Dick and Harry is reporting that Brady has been shaking his right hand since October and now everyone knew he had an injury that was made much worse today when he jammed it against a defender helmet. Brady was x-rayed today and they were negative. (MRI ??)

On Early Edition tonight Mike Felger says thet he thinks it's a Belichick ploy to make the Jags think they might be playing the Patriots with Hoyer at QB. Do the jags now have to spend time trying to figure out what Hoyer does and how do they beat him and the Pats?

Is Brady really hurt? Does he have an injured throwing hand? My guess is that all of the medical fuss is precautionary and they just want to be sure the Brady doesn't have anything seriously wrong with his hand.
If he's not being measured for a casket, he'll play.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the Jags would spend a whole lot of time game planning for Hoyer. He's a good backup but not that good. And a backup. My opinion would be Brady really jammed his hand and I hope to hell it's not detrimental to his throwing.

It's almost unfathomable that the Pats are one victory away from the SuperBowl again and two victories away from SuperBowl champs again.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:facepalm3: let's hope its just precautionary smoke and mirrors. I'd like to Tom gets his 6th ring, to make up for the shitty 6 quarterbacks drafted before him.:hail:

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to game plan for Hoyer...I'd rather Tom play with his left hand than Hoyer.

I've seen reports that it will be somewhat of an issue come Sunday, but he will play. Looks like it might be sunny and 50, so that's good. Hopefully Alex G is doing his magic. I don't think BB is playing any games.

On that note..who is the dumb fuck who ran into him??????

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that note..who is the dumb fuck who ran into him??????

All that;s known is that a "defensive" player accidentally ran into him or was pushed into him. The real question is this.......Did jam his hand or dif he slam his hand against a helmet. I've heard about 6 different stories. The one that would seem most logical is this one. The Patriots were doing 11 on 11 passing drills. A defensive player was attacking and either pulled up in front of Brady or got pushed. Either way Brady completed his follow through and whacked his hand on the defensive player's helmet. Brady was immediately reushed off the field and from that point, it all conjecture. He did have x-rays that were negative and he had an MRI after the x-ray. The MRI showed no internal damage. No one has seen him today......yet. Without question there will be at least 10,000 photos of his right hand when he goes out bfor the teams final practice ........in about 14 minutes.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots QB Brady practices with gloves on both hands
By The Sports Xchange | Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:44 PM .tw_if iframe{vertical-align: bottom;}
clear.gif
0 Comments
clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif
0 Comments
Patriots-QB-Brady-practices-with-gloves-on-both-hands.jpg

clear.gif

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady celebrates touchdown during AFC Divisional round playoff game against the Tennessee Titans on Saturday. Photo by Matthew Healey/UPI
| License Photo
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady wore red gloves on both hands during Thursday's practice.

Brady was present at the start of the session, one day after the Boston Herald reported that he jammed his throwing hand during practice after someone accidentally ran into him. X-rays showed no structural damage.

The two-time NFL MVP did not throw a pass during the 15 minutes allotted for reporters to view practice.

Brady, who was listed as limited on Wednesday, is scheduled to address reporters Thursday at approximately 3:30 p.m. ET.

The top-seeded Patriots will host the third-seeded Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday (3:05 p.m. ET) in the AFC Championship Game.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed when I read the headline elsewhere. I thought wow this is news worthy Tom Brady wore gloves, in New England, in January, outside? They must be isotoners.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on... We don't want this?

brian-hoyer-intercepted-a-2nd-time-against-atlanta.gif

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or this?..........

brian_hoyer_noo.0.gif

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady doesn't like wearing a glove on his throwing hand. If he is wearing one on Sunday :gaah:

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB was at practice, but didn't participate. SO that kind of sucks, but makes sense. What a shitty time to have this happen. Why was the defense anywhere near him. I think he'll play an be fine. He'll get shot up with a cortisone shot and other wonderful things...he won't even feel it.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB was at practice, but didn't participate. SO that kind of sucks, but makes sense. What a shitty time to have this happen. Why was the defense anywhere near him. I think he'll play an be fine. He'll get shot up with a cortisone shot and other wonderful things...he won't even feel it.

This isn't an ankle. I'm pretty sure he needs to be able to feel the ball.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the latest on Brady's hand injury......................it isn't. That's right, it's not a hand injury. Tom Curran on Boston Sports tonight twice called it a hand injury but specifically said it was his "THUMB". If youn watch all of the film that's been shown with Brady wearing the red Under Armor gloves on both hands, he's freely moving his left hand but he never once closed his right hand or even as much as as twitched his right thumb. I think I've watched the same clips 20 times (DVR) and froze shots every time he bent his right arm to see if he did anything at all with the hand. It's almost as if it's immobilized under that glove. Media was not allowed in the locker room. Brady was not seen anywhere. He may have snuck out next to BB's office or exited out the front of the offices at Gillette. Today's (Friday) practice will be critical. If Brady doesn't throw any passes, this much more serious than anyone is letting on.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G would look pretty good compared to Hoyer against the Jags.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady, wearing red gloves on both hands, says he isn’t talking about his injured right hand. Asked how confident he is that he will play Sunday, he said, “We’ll see.”

Ugh...enjoy another 48 hours of rampant speculation about what's really going on with Brady's hand.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Did you practice today?
Tom Brady: "I was out there."
Question: For the whole practice?
Brady: "Yeah."
Question: How was practice?
Brady: "It was fun."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady Swats Away Questions About His Injured Hand
January 19, 2018 at 2:05 pm

Filed Under:AFC Championship Game, Local TV, New England Patriots, Tom Brady, WBZ-TV

BOSTON (CBS) — And on the third day, Tom Brady spoke. Just not about his injured right hand.

“I’m not talking about it,” he told reporters.

Brady took the podium at Gillette Stadium on Friday, using his left hand to hold the door open as he entered the media room. He was sporting Under Armour gloves on both of his hands, a fashion he said he’s sported in the past when asked why a grown man would wear gloves inside. Nonetheless, it’s a curious decision given all the SportsHoopla his right hand has caused over the last few days, and will only further fuel speculation that there’s something up with one of the most important right hands in New England.

The quarterback said he practiced on Friday (we’ll know for sure when the team’s injury reports is released), but wouldn’t say if he’ll be suiting up Sunday when the Patriots take on the Jacksonville Jaguars in the AFC Championship Game.

“We’ll see,” he said with a boyish smile.

That response has actually been in Brady’s playbook for some time. He used it twice last season, both times ahead of games against the New York Jets.

Asked numerous times about how his throwing hand feels after injuring it in practice on Wednesday, Brady said he wasn’t there to talk about his hand. He only wanted to chat about the Jaguars and their top-rated defense.

“It’s a great challenge,” he said. “The team has worked hard to get to this point. It will be a great game. We’re playing a team that is great in all three phases. We’re going to have to be on the top of our game.”

Brady canceled his scheduled media sessions on Wednesday and Thursday, so the fact he took the podium on Friday is a good sign. But he and the team continue to be tight-lipped about the injury, which has only created a shroud of mystery surrounding the team’s most important player heading into the most important game of the season.