• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boyhood (2014)

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A real good movie on cable right now. A coming of age movie. Great actors with real feeling and experiences. A good date movie for women and men to watch together. Whoever made this movie gets it. More movies like this are needed out there in the world of cinema.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent seen it yet, but i will. I have heard mixed reviews about it. Mostly bad stuff from people who i dont think are very bright, and need explosions every 10 seconds for a movie to be good.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent seen it yet, but i will. I have heard mixed reviews about it. Mostly bad stuff from people who i dont think are very bright, and need explosions every 10 seconds for a movie to be good.
If you are a fan of the film industry, and you can like a movie, even if the movie sucks, because you respect the process, than by all means, see this movie. It is soooo unique, and the effort that went in has to be respected. But don't expect a good movie. There is no story and the acting sucked (except by Arquette and Hawke). I can forgive all of this given the fact that re-shoots were impossible and there were really only 2 professional actors used, but but that doesn't mean it was a good movie.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are a fan of the film industry, and you can like a movie, even if the movie sucks, because you respect the process, than by all means, see this movie. It is soooo unique, and the effort that went in has to be respected. But don't expect a good movie. There is no story and the acting sucked (except by Arquette and Hawke). I can forgive all of this given the fact that re-shoots were impossible and there were really only 2 professional actors used, but but that doesn't mean it was a good movie.
uh, ok

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peter do you have to buy a ticket for your hairdo when you go to the movies?

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess you dont care about the behind-the-scenes story of this movie.

If that is the case, skip it. It is boring as hell and has no story.

CAL, Way off again my friend. How old are you anyway?

It's a drama with real life shit. Yeah if you are not up for that then this is not your movie. A movie that has real feelings in it. My bad the whole world is full of Robots now.

You just love busting my ballz.

:suds::clap:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAL, Way off again my friend. How old are you anyway?

It's a drama with real life shit. Yeah if you are not up for that then this is not your movie. A movie that has real feelings in it. My bad the whole world is full of Robots now.

You just love busting my ballz.

:suds::clap:
You have no idea what "breaking ballz" is. I simply disagree with you. And my post never referenced you in any way.

Slow movies can be great. I just saw "Nebraska" yesterday, and I loved it. "Boyhood" was simply dull. It picked up a ton of ideas, but never did anything with them.

A good story has a beginning, middle and end. This had nothing but a long-ass middle. Is it like real life? Sure. But I can see that in real life. Why spend 3 hours of my life seeing someone else's boring life?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Before Sunset and its something I can appreciate without needing Before Sunrise or Before Midnight because I feel like that its right in the middle and already explains everything.

I feel like Boyhood would be like watching all of the movies. Or watching highlights of every Star Wars. Im not sure more is better. I'll probably see it at some point but its not high on my list

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jedi-hand-wave.gif

Peter does not have to pay admission for his hair

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea what "breaking ballz" is. I simply disagree with you. And my post never referenced you in any way.

Slow movies can be great. I just saw "Nebraska" yesterday, and I loved it. "Boyhood" was simply dull. It picked up a ton of ideas, but never did anything with them.

A good story has a beginning, middle and end. This had nothing but a long-ass middle. Is it like real life? Sure. But I can see that in real life. Why spend 3 hours of my life seeing someone else's boring life?

Cal you follow me everywhere on the board. Music, Sports, Entertainment...am I missing something. You always have something negative to say. Whatever dude...you are right you disagree with me...party on.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a character/plot driven movie. It's brilliant and exceptionally well done, and one of those movies that will stick with you for a long time. Should have won the Oscar for best movie this year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal you follow me everywhere on the board. Music, Sports, Entertainment...am I missing something. You always have something negative to say. Whatever dude...you are right you disagree with me...party on.
?????

Dude, get over yourself.

Check out who mods this forum. I was here long before you even knew it existed.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peace brother...have a good time..have a beer

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More bullshit please.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This movie was great when the parents were the stars. The kid was a terrible actor whose character shifted from year to year with no real explanations. One moment he's drinking with high school low-class losers. The next moment he's an anti-establishment hippie with a Justin Bieber haircut. The whole time he can't keep a straight face.

It wasted a good movie, but it was clear the director related much better to the parents than the kid. Either that, or it has hard to find a 6 year old who can act as well as Ethan Hawke. It's a huge flaw in a very good movie.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I would say that more in this case than may, I have a special appreciation for the actual work it took to make a movie like this.

I am also ok with a movie that is slow, and more of a realistic based film. No means am I a critic, but I absolutely could live without another super hero movie as long as I live.