• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowl Games

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the B1G has laid an egg, but what else would you expect from Minnesota and Michigan. What B1G teams do you see winning their bowl games? I have Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State and Michigan State, but not a whole lot of confidence in any of these games (except for Iowa of course).

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't forget our new partners Rutgers and Maryland also lost, so 0-4 so far really

I would only think Iowa and Ohio State have a chance to win realistically.

UGA is better than Nebraska this year since Martinez is out
MSU losing Bullough really hurt and Stanford is better anyway, it's the Rose Bowl on the West Coast, always a Pac 12 home game
Wisconsin is not good enough to beat South Carolina IMO, great defenses but Connor Shaw's offense is much better this year

Hopefully I am wrong but that is way I see it playing out

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree w/Hawkeye......Iowa and OSU can win, MSU is probably now a big underdog with the Bullock (Bullough?) loss. Oh well, at least we still dominate in basketball and wrestling!

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the B1G can win all the rest of their games-even NE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not counting Maryland and Rutgers, they haven't taken any snaps in conference. I see Wisconsin winning big 35-20, Iowa winning a close 24-23 type game, Ohio State in a shootout 41-38 and MSU in a squeaker 23-20.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked Minnesota, Iowa, Wisky, OSU and MSU to win

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is turning into a disaster of a bowl season for the B1G - crapola!!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really, we had 2 teams that were ranked higher than our opponents in the bowl games...MSU over Stanford (4 to 5) and OSU is ranked higher than Clemson...other than that, the B10 should have lost every game so far

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one win so far in this bowl season is not good for the conference. Shoot, Nebraska might 'pull an Iowa' and be the only member winning their bowl game this year.

MSU is without Bullough which is big. And OSU's defense is thin. Iowa exposed OSUs defense this year!!!

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are just too many of them these days.

How anyone but fans of the teams involved can give a bleep about most of them I don't know.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are just too many of them these days.

How anyone but fans of the teams involved can give a bleep about most of them I don't know.

Well, just take a look at any game thread on this site.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I didn't care to watch any other bowl games thus far other than to check in on MSU/Stanford for a few minutes. Outside of Iowa, I just don't have that much interest in other teams to care enough to spend 3+ hours watching Tulane vs. La-Lafayette in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl. It's actually closer to 4 hours with all of the commercials, timeouts, halftime shows, etc.

I think they're great for the schools and especially for the players who get to travel but I just don't see how many of these bowls garner much interest at all.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the B1G bowls for the most part and the bigger venue games like tonight, the Orange Bowl and the NC game.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly every team (school) loses money on their choice to participate in a given bowl. The whole process is a shame and needs to be overhauled in a big way. Many of these inconsequential bowl games had empty stands. Shoot - look behind the LSU bench for the Outback Bowl - many empty seats. So, college football has a problem with its product during the months of December and parts of January.

I propose the following:
- Scrap all bowl and conference tie-ins and move to a bowl committee.
- Bowl eligibility requires teams to have a winning non-conference and conference records! {I counted 42 programs that meet those two criteria for this season}
- The committee then seeds these teams and there's your bowl lineup: #1 vs #2; #3 vs #4; etc. Tier I pays the most to each participant. Tier IV pays the least to each participant. The sponsors of the canceled bowl games are freely encouraged to pay their way in, or team up for a given bowl game.
- January 1st at 7:00pm EST is the time slot for the last college bowl game -- the NCG

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I didn't care to watch any other bowl games thus far other than to check in on MSU/Stanford for a few minutes. Outside of Iowa, I just don't have that much interest in other teams to care enough to spend 3+ hours watching Tulane vs. La-Lafayette in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl. It's actually closer to 4 hours with all of the commercials, timeouts, halftime shows, etc.

I think they're great for the schools and especially for the players who get to travel but I just don't see how many of these bowls garner much interest at all.

Thank you for stating an attitude very similar to my own.

I can live with being in the minority but appreciate evidence that I'm not totally a;one an any question.