• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowl Game

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
77 total yards of offense with four minutes left in the game........offensive guru?????????????

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut down the football program.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...Dana sucks!...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told y’all... Shane should have fired Dana’s ass after the ‘15 season. Now the offensive guru is gonna have a Heisman and Biletnikoff winner next year.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire Dana, hire Doc, have No Balls move us into Conference USA.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may well be the headline of the off-season this time next year if we don’t make the CCG in 2018.
Doubt if we make the CCG next year. Most think we do with Grier and Sills coming back. Defense didn’t take any hits for the Bowl game, it was all on offense. Did that Defense look like a CCG team?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt if we make the CCG next year. Most think we do with Grier and Sills coming back. Defense didn’t take any hits for the Bowl game, it was all on offense. Did that Defense look like a CCG team?

They will be another year older...more experienced and hopefully bigger!...the cycle of life!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be another year older...more experienced and hopefully bigger!...the cycle of life!
Agree, but need more of them. I criticized Skyler Howard’s play against TAMU in his bowl game when he filled in. Some felt I threw him under the bus. If that was throwing Howard under a bus, then I guess I’m throwing Chugs of the cliff after throwing him under the bus. Chugs looked totally lost out there. If somebody wants to use the loss of a couple linemen then I would say we are not a the next man up mantra. We are nowhere near that on the D-line. If Long gets hurt next year, kiss it goodbye. Our RBs were used consistently this season. What a poor showing at that position. Sure Utah played the run, but My God.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The expectation is the CCG in 2018, anything less will be a disappointment no excuses, none, and very damaging for Dana if it doesn’t happen.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If not 2018 then when? Everything is in place for a run.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The expectation is the CCG in 2018, anything less will be a disappointment no excuses, none, and very damaging for Dana if it doesn’t happen.
What is this based upon? Dana said it? Lyin’ Shane Lyons said it? The Mountaineers “fan base”?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not 2018 then when? Everything is in place for a run.
Could have sworn I stated it in the section of mine you quoted. If you feel that the defense is a CCG caliber defense, then hold on to next year. My yardstick is OU. Grier is not Baker, but good. RBs are good but looked like shit in the Bowl Game. WRs are just as good, if not slightly better, than OU. OL - if I have to provide comparison here, then you haven’t been watching games and being objective. Some on here want to complain about plays that are called versus having to take what a D gives you in some cases. The VT game was a classic example of this.

On the other side of the ball, DBs will be a year older and should be good. Need to fill a Safety spot. Some big shoes to fill. Long, IMO, is the only LB worth talking about. I didn’t get mad when he would lift his jersey to show a message. He was the only player playing his ass off. The message probably said ‘HELP - Good LBs needed and scrap the 3-3-5 because it doesn’t cover the TEs and once the run block scheme is figured out, you can run between the tackles because our DL is weak”. This D will work, but you don’t have 3 big space eaters up front that can apply pressure. DL = OL = weak & undersized & no depth. Look at OU’s OL & DL versus ours. Do they match up?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this based upon? Dana said it? Lyin’ Shane Lyons said it? The Mountaineers “fan base”?
Its based upon us having everything that we could ever want coming back and the rest of the conference going through transition years.

The defense has to replace White and Benton but still PLENTY coming back defensively to be more than effective (if you believe in the 3-3-5) on that side of the ball.

Offense is loaded for bear, we don't need anything in that department.

Dana's 2nd year as the ST's coach should have that group finally playing at a high level.

Should be the most talented/well balanced team Dana has had and the league is in transition, no excuses, NONE!

I cant wait, we will either have a great year and move forward OR the wheels to move on from what will be proven a mediocre at best HC will be in high gear. Either way.... very exciting times ahead.