• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowl Game possibilities

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. BCS 0% chance
2. Cotton Bowl 1%
3. Alamo Bowl 13%
4. Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl 25%
5. Holiday Bowl 40%
6. Texas Bowl 14%
7. Pinstripe 2%

That's what I'm currently thinking. Holiday vs #3 Pac 12. The selection is purely up to the bowl, finish in conference does not matter. Only the champion is afforded guaranteed positioning. The Alamo Bowl naturally would look hard on a 3 loss OU team but I think that would leave us unranked and they would take the 3rd highest ranked BIG XII.

If we win out, slim chance at this point, we could face at best cotton bowl but for that to happen the BIG XII would have to place two team in the BCS.

Anyway, just my thoughts. I'm going to go out on a limb and say we play USC in the Holiday Bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gon lay an egg.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we stink it up offensively for the remainder of our games.

I hope we suck dead dog ass. Really. Just like not too long ago all the donghorn faithful were wanting to lose 'em all just to get rid of Mack.

It's the only way JC and Bob are going to be allowed to spend cash on a decent OC.
I'd like to keep Norvell, but not as CO-anything. He is a good recruiter and a decent WR position coach.
Wish we could have got Malzahn....*sigh*

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. BCS 0% chance
2. Cotton Bowl 1%
3. Alamo Bowl 13%
5. Holiday Bowl 40%
6. Texas Bowl 14%
7. Pinstripe 2%

That's what I'm currently thinking. Holiday vs #3 Pac 12. The selection is purely up to the bowl, finish in conference does not matter. Only the champion is afforded guaranteed positioning. The Alamo Bowl naturally would look hard on a 3 loss OU team but I think that would leave us unranked and they would take the 3rd highest ranked BIG XII.

If we win out, slim chance at this point, we could face at best cotton bowl but for that to happen the BIG XII would have to place two team in the BCS.

Anyway, just my thoughts. I'm going to go out on a limb and say we play USC in the Holiday Bowl.

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-a-Chance-In-Dumb-and-Dumber-Gif.gif

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The optimist in me says we could win out with ISU, KSU, and OSU all being flawed teams. (Of course I thought we would beat Baylor!) But the pessimist in me says that Bob and Josh will keep square pegging that round hole the rest of the season. If that is the case we may not get a win in either of the final two games. Can't wait for Booby's press conference so he can tell us it is not about the play calling but the execution of the plays. Come on Bob bring in a real O coordinator or hell give Norvell the play calling duties. He can't be any worse than Josh.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Alamo Bowl against LSU.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. BCS 0% chance
2. Cotton Bowl 1%
3. Alamo Bowl 13%
5. Holiday Bowl 40%
6. Texas Bowl 14%
7. Pinstripe 2%

I'll keep it simple.

Holiday Bowl if we beat ISU and drop KSU and OSU
Buff WW Bowl if we beat ISU and KSU and drop OSU

I feel we have about as much chance of beating OSU as we do losing to ISU.
I think we have about an equal chance of winning out and losing out. I don't think we do either.

Will call it a reloading year. Hopefully we got the correct ammo.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we play in a bowl who cares we still have big game bob .

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo is picking us to play Nebraska in the BWW Bowl.

Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl
Tempe, AZ – December 28
Big Ten No. 4 of 5 vs. Big 12 No. 4

Nebraska vs. Oklahoma

Y! SPORTS

I would see this as a nice bowl game to end the season with against an Old Rival.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl
Tempe, AZ – December 28

Nebraska vs. Oklahoma

Y! SPORTS

I would see this as a nice bowl game to end the season with against an Old Rival.

This would be excellent.
Since we are going to be writing off this season anyway.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Bowl matches Big XII v SEC? I know the Cotton and we have zero chance of that unless something goofy happens down the stretch. I thought there were some more that matched up the two conferences.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked it up and I guess the Cotton is it for SEC v Big XII. I don't want in that #2 slot. I think that is going to be playing A&M again. I don't see us being able to score enough to keep up with Johnny football. Lets see how LSU does against them.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wanted to play in the Cotton until we got monkeyboned by Baylor...thought we could hang with an SEC team...

But now, I really don't give a fuck where it is or who it's against. For the seniors' sake I hope it's against some scrub that we could MAYBE dominate. Heaven knows how many recruits we're going to lose from this shitty showing to end the season...

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1

Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl
Tempe, AZ – December 28

Nebraska vs. Oklahoma

Y! SPORTS

I thought #4 in B1G got invited to Gator Bowl?
I was hoping Gophers for this.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wanted to play in the Cotton until we got monkeyboned by Baylor...thought we could hang with an SEC team...

But now, I really don't give a fuck where it is or who it's against. For the seniors' sake I hope it's against some scrub that we could MAYBE dominate. Heaven knows how many recruits we're going to lose from this shitty showing to end the season...

Ok...worm is turning.

With the spectacular play against one of the worst Big XII teams, I have an optimistic thing happening here...

IF, and I mean a big hairy fucking IF with teeth and fangs and slimy shit trailing behind it as it slithers across the floor, we can somehow squeeze out these last two wins and texas were to drop one more game we're going to be in the Cotton facing:Mizzou, S. Carolina or...heh...A&M.

Shit could happen...very well could.

Not saying we could win against any of those teams...but getting the youngsters more playing time on big stages will do nothing but help our recruiting out somewhat.

:hope:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love another shot at A&M but I just don't think the Cotton is realistic.

Like you said, Texas must lose and there is a good chance Baylor takes care of that but us winning two road games. Going to be tough.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Baylor wins out and we win out that puts us #2 in the conference and in line for the Cotton. Don't know how it would have to fall to get a BCS at large bid but that would be nice. Maybe Bama or FSU stumbles down the stretch and gives Baylor a shot at NCG. That would put a #2 in the conference OU in the Fiesta. Now that we are being optimistic!!!

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't want to go somewhere where we get rolled up and smoked. I want to beat an opponent even if they are crappy, and go into the offseason re-evaluating the program. I really think we have come a long ways on defense, and seem to be on a good track. The offense on the other hand....it's time to re-evaluate.

Last edited by a moderator:

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO A&M, Mizzou, or LSU would be a loss. We don't have enough offense to hang with any of these teams. We have proven that on two occassions this year and I don't need a third to remind me. Anytime we go against a defense that has a pulse it is a struggle to get anything going.