• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Both Rosen and Darnold Declare For Draft

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the same... aside from the fact that Kirk wasnt the designated savior that a huge portion of the fan base fell head over heels in love with. I mean sure its exactly the same aside from the fact that the guy being replaced didnt cost us four draft picks, three seasons and a coaching staff.

Aside from that though..... exactly the same situation. And I bet tons of fans will be calling for the coaches head because he failed to fix Kirk which is what he was brought here to do.

But yep... mirror image of the situation.

Shall I continue with the similarities??

And by the way... Kirk wont be out of the NFL a year from now in all likelihood.... but exactly the same. :thumb:

Yep exactly the same in that Kirk has become the golden child for a certain portion of the fan base despite his rather inauspicious beginning. Aside from the fact that the original guy never cost anything of his own doing in relation to losing 3 draft picks, or three seasons.

Aside from that though, exactly the same though! I'll bet tons of fans will be calling for the coaches head because he failed to stand up for the guy that he did fix which is also what he ultimately staying here to do.

But yep mirror image of the situation.

Shall I continue to respond with similarities of my own??

And by the way... Kirk won't be doing this team any good a year from now in all likelihood....but exactly the same:thumb:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKers huh? You are leading the league in made up names. You are expecting those of us who have supported Cousin's to become haters if he moves on? Am I understanding you correctly?

Not really, just fuckin' with the guy who came up with that nonsense in the first place concerning Griffin. :D

......And it seems that I've hit a nerve......so there's that:pound:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKers huh? You are leading the league in made up names. You are expecting those of us who have supported Cousin's to become haters if he moves on? Am I understanding you correctly?

It’s just a jab Sport. Shark and others believe that all of us ABCers have some major hate for KC since we don’t think he is quite as good as some think he is. Also, we are still mad that our beloved RG3 was replaced by him. Bullshit. There is no evidence of either that I can see.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just a jab Sport. Shark and others believe that all of us ABCers have some major hate for KC since we don’t think he is quite as good as some think he is. Also, we are still mad that our beloved RG3 was replaced by him. Bullshit. There is no evidence of either that I can see.

I will say this. This team could let Kirk walk, get nothing in return, Start Cot McCoy, finish 2-14 and some folks will be talking on how at least we saved the cap space and now we get to draft a QB without trading up.

And if you going to spin it, at least spin it right.

You never liked Kirk.
You never liked Kirk because he replaced RG3.
Your hate at this point has nothing to do directly with RG3, but thats where it wa s born and raised.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this. This team could let Kirk walk, get nothing in return, Start Cot McCoy, finish 2-14 and some folks will be talking on how at least we saved the cap space and now we get to draft a QB without trading up.

And if you going to spin it, at least spin it right.

You never liked Kirk.
You never liked Kirk because he replaced RG3.
Your hate at this point has nothing to do directly with RG3, but thats where it wa s born and raised.

I would be saying it because I am a bright side kind of guy.

I really like KC.

I really liked RG3.

All those opinions started with me being a Redskin’s fan.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh there is plenty of evidence by word and deed . by words you have every bad play magnified and every good play ignored . you have people who last off season bashed KC for numerous faults and when his play disproved their POV ? silence . every participate in a game thread . read how country reacts and tell me there isnt bias and yes hate

the guy throws a TD pass but he is bitched at for throwing off the wrong foot or he is blamed for the defense giving away 3 score leads

KC carried this offense despite the worst wr corp in the NFL a crappy rune game , an injury depleted o/line . colt mccoy gets us 2 wins with that mess

not one ABC'r has owned up to the fact that he is way better then YOU ALL think

the response to this will speak volumes , your silence even more

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No need to jump between Sty and I, we are two old war horses that sometimes throw jabs at each other and sometimes are laughing and having a beer.

I think there is truth in what both shark and Sty are saying.

I won't be hate on Cousin's either way. I don't hate Griffin, he just sucked after that first year. Really even in that rookie year Cousin's QB'd the team to one victory and brought them back in the Ravens game.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh there is plenty of evidence by word and deed . by words you have every bad play magnified and every good play ignored . you have people who last off season bashed KC for numerous faults and when his play disproved their POV ? silence . every participate in a game thread . read how country reacts and tell me there isnt bias and yes hate

the guy throws a TD pass but he is bitched at for throwing off the wrong foot or he is blamed for the defense giving away 3 score leads

KC carried this offense despite the worst wr corp in the NFL a crappy rune game , an injury depleted o/line . colt mccoy gets us 2 wins with that mess

And some people magnify every good thing he does and ignored every bad thing. *shrug*

I don' think you can argue those people are any more fair than the so called "ABCers"

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the kirk jock strapers will watch and put are rookie under the microscope and the kirk haters will be praiseing every good thing the new qb does with these words... Kirk Cant Do That (kcdt) and the kirk jock strapers will be like .. kirk Can Do That (KCDT) #Kirkland vs Rookieland should be a good WAR.. CHOOSE YOUR SIDE

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will choose rookie land at least there is HOPE kirkland meh no hope just drama and avg

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a very good observation by you of @countryroads316 however to link it to bias supposedly generated because of the previous guy is just, illogical. Although it very well may be hatred at some level (a bit more than dislike and somewhat less than despise) it also could be just the manner that this particular poster expresses himself.

One thing that is clear though, to suggest that a good, sizeable, or large portion of the fan base garner ill "feelings" towards the new guy because of hurt feelings about the old guy is, to be kind, hyperbole at minimum. We only get to speak for ourselves and not others in that regard.

With that in mind, let me ask for an honest answers on this.

1. When the subject is Kirk Cousins have you observed the change in my perspective on him? (remember, I initially called him no more than a back-up)

2. Isn't that what normally happens when a new guy comes in with his original NFL track record, i.e. throwing picks and sulking on the sidelines, then as he gets better, perspectives change?

3. How is that hating?....for that matter what does that have to do with the previous guy?

4. How is it different, in an era where the QB means so much to folks, (not me) it's hating to be critical of his play when things go badly and not excuse making when there's no running game, injuries, and a whole host of other things gone wrong? (BTW; to me both sides of that conversation is rank and file silliness)

5. Why so little credit to J. Gruden and his offensive system hating or bias? (see how silly that is?)

Isn't it interesting that Gruden's win loss record is exactly the same as Kirk Cousins since Kirk was named starter? Oh and about those 4,000 yards seasons ( 2015 = 4,166.....2016 = 4,917 and 2017 = 4,093) the last without benefit of a strong WR corps and injuries, who was it that gets credit for devising a plan that gave him an opportunity to top 4,000 yards again?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the kirk jock strapers will watch and put are rookie under the microscope and the kirk haters will be praiseing every good thing the new qb does with these words... Kirk Cant Do That (kcdt) and the kirk jock strapers will be like .. kirk Can Do That (KCDT) #Kirkland vs Rookieland should be a good WAR.. CHOOSE YOUR SIDE

OK, I choose...........Wins and Losses (a lot more wins than losses though) and personally don't give a crap who's playing what position or how much they are getting paid or not. BTW: @coach_spurrier_1, everything that I just wrote is probably :bullshit:to others, and you're more likely spot on, with what's going to happen!!:tsk::rolleyes2:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again , when people say more negative and very little positive (if ever ) that says a lot . gruden had RG3 in his offense and what happened ? yes gruden gets some love for sure but players execute and we are talking about a player not a system . you cant just plug anyone in and move merrily along . it doesnt work that way .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my past when it comes to our qbs says a lot different then what you are portraying

ask the ESPNers how long i rode JC ' jock ?

ask shark , joy and the others how long i defended RG3 ? search engine that shit .

search engine the early thoughts i had on KC when RG3 was in vogue

i hated the trade for RG3 from the get go because of the picks but when he was our guy i put the rose colored glasses on

when KC came on board i gave him my support . when i told all of you back in 15 if you didnt reup him then it would cost us more . to a person you all bought into that saying "proving it first " , well he did and you got buyers remorse . so in 16 i said the same thing and you all said " i need to see more " . well he performed again and you got buyers remorse again , and thrice this year i said the cost will only go up and the mantra was " we need to see more " and when he performed again you get buyers remorse

when KC took over the team we started having good things ( or better ) happen . now we want the next flavor of the day QB in the draft and start over yet again setting the franchise back 1=2 years

i will support our next qb for sure because that qb failing hurts our team . but dont give me a load of crap about how anyone could run this offense and play at KC's level as a rookie , wont happen . the placeholder qb will have to learn this offense as well and that will take time

as long as you all understand that this change will most likely set us back a year or 2 then fine . but the moment you all start whining like whores about how bad this team is on defense blah blah blah , look in the damn mirror because you all asked for it . and i will be there to remind you of it

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it is hard to turn down the money. We all know a lot of these guys even stopped playing in bowl games prior to the draft to protect themselves from injury prior to the draft. Darnold and Jackson were rumored to be considering returning but both decided to leave.

Amen to that. It is easy for all of us to state what is best for someone else. However imagine yourself at say 21 turning down millions of dollars. Who can blame the guy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will get to see alot of him at the sr bowl so we can see

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my past when it comes to our qbs says a lot different then what you are portraying

ask the ESPNers how long i rode JC ' jock ?

ask shark , joy and the others how long i defended RG3 ? search engine that shit .

search engine the early thoughts i had on KC when RG3 was in vogue

i hated the trade for RG3 from the get go because of the picks but when he was our guy i put the rose colored glasses on

when KC came on board i gave him my support . when i told all of you back in 15 if you didnt reup him then it would cost us more . to a person you all bought into that saying "proving it first " , well he did and you got buyers remorse . so in 16 i said the same thing and you all said " i need to see more " . well he performed again and you got buyers remorse again , and thrice this year i said the cost will only go up and the mantra was " we need to see more " and when he performed again you get buyers remorse

when KC took over the team we started having good things ( or better ) happen . now we want the next flavor of the day QB in the draft and start over yet again setting the franchise back 1=2 years

i will support our next qb for sure because that qb failing hurts our team . but dont give me a load of crap about how anyone could run this offense and play at KC's level as a rookie , wont happen . the placeholder qb will have to learn this offense as well and that will take time

as long as you all understand that this change will most likely set us back a year or 2 then fine . but the moment you all start whining like whores about how bad this team is on defense blah blah blah , look in the damn mirror because you all asked for it . and i will be there to remind you of it

Set us back? Newsflash Skinsdad... we weren’t very good this year. You can blame it on injuries, rushing game, defense, this or that... whatever... But we weren’t very good. Even without injuries we are a 10 win team at best.

The difference between 7 wins and 4-5 wins? It doesn’t look much different to me. I’ve said repeatedly that I like KC and he is an an above average QB, but unless he has a stellar defense, a good running game, a very good WR Corp, great protection from the OL, he probably isn’t going to get us there. I don’t just look at stats, he doesn’t pass the eye test wrt a QB that can put the team on his back and win big games when the chips are all on the table.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t just look at stats, he doesn’t pass the eye test wrt a QB that can put the team on his back and win big games when the chips are all on the table.

Chasing that is why we have sucked more often than not the past 20 years.

But yes, we should get rid of a good QB because we might find a great one in the draft that if nothing else... looks like he can carry a team.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again , when people say more negative and very little positive (if ever ) that says a lot . gruden had RG3 in his offense and what happened ? yes gruden gets some love for sure but players execute and we are talking about a player not a system . you cant just plug anyone in and move merrily along . it doesnt work that way .

For some, silence is a positive as witnessed here when Kirk has a good game. This would explain why there is little written or posted positives.

Hell, most of us here are men, married, or some how connected to a woman in our lives. We above all others should know this from our own experiences with relative silence when most things are generally OK, versus the usual complaints when they are not. :D

Last edited: