• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Borderlands General Thread

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they have nerfed FL4K quite a bit, but I like running Moze with the Demo tree and splash damage.
My BIL was playing as Flak, i picked Moze out the gate i purposely avoided any spoilers and hints and tips til i beat it, if i am being honest i am already bored with the game fully maxed out and have announted legendaries for my Mozesplosion build :D got an annointed flakker and a burning flakker that does even more than the annointed one. I have i think 1 of each of the best grenades and shields in the game... i have just lost interest (also at like 250 guardian rank maybe more)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been taking my time to avoid burnout. There are a lot of people online living on this game like its WoW or Destiny but its not really that imo. I can't imagine someone putting more than 100 hours into BL3. The gameplay is really, really fun but it doesn't have the mode diversity of something like Destiny 2 or your typical MMO. Its just something fun to pick up for a couple of hours and then drop. I think after about 30 hours the formula wears a bit thin but its a really fun 30 or so hours.

I will say that I do like some parts of the story. Some sidemissions have typical Borderlands 'humor' and are compelling enough. A couple of the new NPCs are interesting. Occasionally the twins will do something that isn't cringeworthy. Overall its not great but also not terrible imo.

I'd probably give the game a 9/10 once they finish patching things up. They seriously need to fix some Zane talents that aren't working correctly, buff some lesser used stuff on fl4k, and maybe slightly nerf some of the legendaries. The gameplay is great, though, and way better than the older Borderlands games.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been taking my time to avoid burnout. There are a lot of people online living on this game like its WoW or Destiny but its not really that imo. I can't imagine someone putting more than 100 hours into BL3. The gameplay is really, really fun but it doesn't have the mode diversity of something like Destiny 2 or your typical MMO. Its just something fun to pick up for a couple of hours and then drop. I think after about 30 hours the formula wears a bit thin but its a really fun 30 or so hours.

I will say that I do like some parts of the story. Some sidemissions have typical Borderlands 'humor' and are compelling enough. A couple of the new NPCs are interesting. Occasionally the twins will do something that isn't cringeworthy. Overall its not great but also not terrible imo.

I'd probably give the game a 9/10 once they finish patching things up. They seriously need to fix some Zane talents that aren't working correctly, buff some lesser used stuff on fl4k, and maybe slightly nerf some of the legendaries. The gameplay is great, though, and way better than the older Borderlands games.
Yea i cant figure out how people can put in so many hours, until they release more content and things that are just ridiculously difficult i am not sure i can see myself playing it again anytime soon i have 41h 24m in the game on 1 class (moze) i dont feel compelled to switch for any reason either.

I am not an achievement whore so there is that too, maybe the people living in BL3 are trying to get 100% achievements? the min/maxing seems to be less diverse for weapon/gear selection too.

dont get me wrong it is great and exactly what i expected out of BL3, the only complaint i had in the beginning was lack of ammo drops but once you increase your carry capacity it isnt an issue at all.

It is worth the 60 bucks i paid.

I will be playing when the raid/boss gets released
The First Borderlands 3 Raid Boss Has Been Found | SegmentNext

I was satisfied with the game and cant wait until they drop the other content

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont get me wrong it is great and exactly what i expected out of BL3, the only complaint i had in the beginning was lack of ammo drops but once you increase your carry capacity it isnt an issue at all.
Yeah, I've only ran out of ammo once and it was a bit of a surprise. The game is very generous with cash, though, and its really obvious that you need to expand your backpack and ammo before you leave Pandora.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ending....I don't even understand why they thought that was a good idea.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ending....I don't even understand why they thought that was a good idea.
I really felt like they left the story open for a lot of DLC and content though

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really felt like they left the story open for a lot of DLC and content though
Yeah, but they probably spent money on that song.

Also, the vault hunter not being in cut scenes still doesn't work. It doesn't work in Destiny 2 and the plot worked in Borderlands 2 in spite of it.

I still enjoyed this a lot. I just wonder if they think people will buy dlc story because I'm skeptical.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but they probably spent money on that song.

Also, the vault hunter not being in cut scenes still doesn't work. It doesn't work in Destiny 2 and the plot worked in Borderlands 2 in spite of it.

I still enjoyed this a lot. I just wonder if they think people will buy dlc story because I'm skeptical.
I am still on the fence for the DLC, i purposely didnt buy the 100 dollar edition because i am sick of companies rolling up their "season pass" dlc into the purchase price of games then putting out an inferior product (though i really enjoyed most of BL2 DLC)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I've run out of ammo quite a few times doing Mayhem Slaughter 3000 with Zane. I've been using 'x2' weapons to get more damage and I've leveled up crazy quick but you blow through ammo fairly easily. Zane has the ability to throw grenades every time your Clone comes out and a 30% chance of throwing a grenade when you kill someone. There are Grenades that Bounce Three Times and make enemies drop cash. There is an Artifact that gives you Cash bonus. I've just been playing to max out my level and max out things I can buy and its going very quickly.

From there, it looks like the sidequests level with you so I can then do side quests and get those weapons at endgame level. Neat.

Zane's early late game builds are all kinda average without a great damaging grenade. I think once I get one of them I'll start wrecking.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look forward to getting this game when the epic games exclusive runs out.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look forward to getting this game when the epic games exclusive runs out.
LOL i cant understand the "loyalty" to steam, why not do epic and steam... i mean whats the deal?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL i cant understand the "loyalty" to steam, why not do epic and steam... i mean whats the deal?

I am not loyal to steam, I am opposed to epic. Paying for exclusive releases is a bad precedent.

On top of that they lack security on their platform, and they do not require email validation to create an account, which they used to artificially inflate their accounts numbers.

The entire company is underhanded and I would trust them with my info.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not loyal to steam, I am opposed to epic. Paying for exclusive releases is a bad precedent.

On top of that they lack security on their platform, and they do not require email validation to create an account, which they used to artificially inflate their accounts numbers.

The entire company is underhanded and I would trust them with my info.
Meh i mean those are some good reasons to take extra precautions with personal info and payment information etc but not enough to stop one from doing it, 2 factor authorization is available so there is that... i mean when a company is shit there is only room to go up, not worth punishing yourself.

as far as the exclusivity goes, that happens all over these days with pc or xbox or ps4 games etc... it is what it is

I have to agree with 99% of this
Why People Are So Mad About The Epic Games Store

more competition is better for the market not worse people are just running around with tin foil hats screaming foul

Last edited:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh i mean those are some good reasons to take extra precautions with personal info and payment information etc but not enough to stop one from doing it, 2 factor authorization is available so there is that... i mean when a company is shit there is only room to go up, not worth punishing yourself.

as far as the exclusivity goes, that happens all over these days with pc or xbox or ps4 games etc... it is what it is

I have to agree with 99% of this
Why People Are So Mad About The Epic Games Store

more competition is better for the market not worse people are just running around with tin foil hats screaming foul

I agree that competition is better. I wish there was a better second option.

I dont see it as punishing myself, waiting 6 months is not a big deal at all. Plenty of games to play. I look forward to a different competitor to steam to become available, I would love to support it.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that competition is better. I wish there was a better second option.

I dont see it as punishing myself, waiting 6 months is not a big deal at all. Plenty of games to play. I look forward to a different competitor to steam to become available, I would love to support it.
it has to start somewhere the platform is essentially a year old and steam has had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more issues over the years, they have just dealt with it and moved on. Steam taking 30% is 30% less for development is 30% more garbage of a game vs the 12% of Epic

Epic has or is already addressing the problems. I wouldnt stay away for 6 months just because of "loyalty" though which is what this really boils down to people just dont wana have a 2nd launcher for whatever ridiculous reason

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it has to start somewhere the platform is essentially a year old and steam has had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more issues over the years, they have just dealt with it and moved on. Steam taking 30% is 30% less for development is 30% more garbage of a game vs the 12% of Epic

Epic has or is already addressing the problems. I wouldnt stay away for 6 months just because of "loyalty" though which is what this really boils down to people just dont wana have a 2nd launcher for whatever ridiculous reason

It isn't loyalty to steam though, it is a dislike of epic. If they clean their stuff up I would consider them. I actually went to create an epic account when I heard they got Borderlands first. Only to find out someone already created an account with my email because they don't have verification.

I contacted them with questions, just making sure it was secure and the response I got back was I could delete my account. No information.

I know they have plans to add actual security within a year, and I would look at them again after, but I do not trust them right now.

You can try amd claim it is steam loyalty as often as you want, it does not get anymore true. It is very much an anti epic stance.