• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bones and Mickelson part Ways

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Mickelson, Jim ‘Bones’ Mackay mutually part ways

Could see this one coming at the Players when Mickelson didn't realize the mikes were on him and he went off on Bones at the island green. He sounded like a whiney little bitch after hitting it in the water and took it out on bones. I knew then that the end was near. Bones won't take that kind of shit, even from Mickelson.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never would have guessed this.
I did not see what happened at the players. I'm very surprised.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil is well liked by the galleries but not by the other professionals. He earned the nickname FIGJAM years ago and it stuck. "Fuck I'm Good Just Ask Me".

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will pick Bones up, no?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's shocking. They've been together basically forever. I wonder what the story is.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil is well liked by the galleries but not by the other professionals. He earned the nickname FIGJAM years ago and it stuck. "Fuck I'm Good Just Ask Me".

I've heard that. But I've always been a big fan of his. A friend of mine and his son ran into him once and said he spent considerable time talking with them ... said he was just like he appears with the fans on TV.. a nice, friendly guy. I couldn't care less what his fellow competitors think of him. I know he plays a lot of money matches and he's probably very cocky. Why not. He's one of the best ever and if he lets them know that he knows it, that's fine.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that. But I've always been a big fan of his. A friend of mine and his son ran into him once and said he spent considerable time talking with them ... said he was just like he appears with the fans on TV.. a nice, friendly guy. I couldn't care less what his fellow competitors think of him. I know he plays a lot of money matches and he's probably very cocky. Why not. He's one of the best ever and if he lets them know that he knows it, that's fine.
I hear ya. Never met the dude myself so I don't judge. Everybody's got an opinion I guess. They didn't like Tiger much either. I don't watch golf as much anymore. Nobody dominant and I love dynasty's.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's shocking. They've been together basically forever. I wonder what the story is.

This happens between the 2 Opens ...yea, there has to be a story.

And the clue that it was something sudden is when the golf pro ends up with a family member on the bag.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Mickelson, Jim ‘Bones’ Mackay mutually part ways

Could see this one coming at the Players when Mickelson didn't realize the mikes were on him and he went off on Bones at the island green. He sounded like a whiney little bitch after hitting it in the water and took it out on bones. I knew then that the end was near. Bones won't take that kind of shit, even from Mickelson.

I didn't see it but there must be more to it than that. Phil was never in contention at The Players and he's played that hole hundreds of time. It's 140, your ball is teed up.. hit the green. He can feel what wind there is. How much information does he needs from Bones there ?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see it but there must be more to it than that. Phil was never in contention at The Players and he's played that hole hundreds of time. It's 140, your ball is teed up.. hit the green. He can feel what wind there is. How much information does he needs from Bones there ?
From the drop area, Bones was telling Phil "hit it here and let it roll down to the hole" while pointing at an area of the green. Phil shouted "I don't need you to tell me where to hit the ball, I just need a damn yardage". Bones looked at him, dropped the ball and walked away. I knew something was going on between them right there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised but not shocked on hearing this news.

I was not aware of the "Players" incident with Bones, but I've followed Phil at a events in the past, and seen first hand that he's not the loveable Phil that we see when the cameras are rolling. Tiger used to take a lot of flak from fans for his foul mouth...Phil was just smarter about when and where he dropped his F-bombs but he dropped plenty of them.

Bones stood by Phil through a lot of his self inflicted blunders where he reportedly refused to take wise counsel from his caddie...this includes '06 Wing Foot where Phil collapsed on the 72nd hole. At the same time Phil won a lot of tournaments with Bones on the bag as well so they've both done well financially.

25+ yrs on one bag is a long time. Phil did make note to say it wasn't "one event" that lead them to this point, but that comment does lend credence to something recent. I can see how the relationship could grow a little thin on both of them.

Bones will land on his feet I'm sure and Phil has a few more years out on tour.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happened to "show up, shut up, and keep up?"

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bones just got 2 new knees, and I'm sure wants to keep on looping.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who cares. They're not supposed to go out there to be well liked by their piers. Maybe the attitude that threw some of the other tour golfers off is what drove him to win so many tournaments.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. They're not supposed to go out there to be well liked by their piers. Maybe the attitude that threw some of the other tour golfers off is what drove him to win so many tournaments.
I call BS. Palmer and Nicklaus were widely liked, respected and feared on the course by their peers.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call BS. Palmer and Nicklaus were widely liked, respected and feared on the course by their peers.

Yeah, and Ben Hogan told Arnold Palmer to not quit his day job when he saw him at the driving range the first time. Tom Watson was a complete disaster as a Ryders Cup captain (maybe the worst ever) and Phil had to be the one to rally the troops because he was able to connect with them better. What's the point? Sure, some of them are respectable people. Some of them are complete jerks. But they're all competitors and place winning above everything else.