• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Bold stuff: Pick your AFC and NFC opponents in the 2017 Superb Owl

Only a handful in each league are going to be "in the mix". who do you have in the Superb Owl?

• AFC - Patriots

• AFC - Pittsburgh

• AFC - Houston

• AFC - Tennessee

• AFC - KC

• AFC - Oakland/Vegas/Wherever they may roam

• AFC - Other (list)

• NFC - Dallas

• NFC - NYG

• NFC - GB

• NFC - Atlanta

• NFC - Seattle

• NFC - Arizona

• NFC - Other (list)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about the phony Seahawks and Cards part, but the Patriots still have a great shot too. :D
I figured. Both the Cardinals and Seahawks kinda fell apart but I assumed the Cardinals would. Seahawks are definitely a bit worse than I thought.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ruffled a few feathers with that comment, but was right.
It's really not though if you look at the Pats defense. Can think of at least 3 AFC teams in the field that can beat them on a good day right now not including the 6 seed team at the moment. People reeeeaaaaalllllyyyy like to overrate the Patriots around here.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really not though if you look at the Pats defense. Can think of at least 3 AFC teams in the field that can beat them on a good day right now not including the 6 seed team at the moment. People reeeeaaaaalllllyyyy like to overrate the Patriots around here.

Depends how you look at their defense. If you look at points allowed, they are in the top 10. It's hard to overrate a team that usually finds a way to win. Ref assist included.

I mean it's been this way for 18 years. Owning the AFC.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends how you look at their defense. If you look at points allowed, they are in the top 10. It's hard to overrate a team that usually finds a way to win. Ref assist included.

As I've explained numerous times now, only a damn fool actually believes they are a top 16 defense.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've explained numerous times now, only a damn fool actually believes they are a top 16 defense.

Agreed. They are a top 10 defense as I've just explained. You don't get points for moving the ball between the 20s.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. They are a top 10 defense as I've just explained. You don't get points for moving the ball between the 20s.
You don't predict future performance based on beating up on the sisters of the poor offenses either, and their DVOA 32/22 reflects that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The legacy of their head coach and QB is definitely why I think the Pats are the favorite.

FootballOutsiders literally has their defense ranked 32nd in the league with their rush defense also ranked 32nd. I know advanced stats aren't everything but the Pats aren't the stereotypical 'built for the playoffs' team.

They are going to try and outscore people. If it was any other team in the AFC I'd see they are super vulnerable but Bellichick has been a master at minimizing weaknesses and just simply outcoaching the other team.

edit - slightly ninjad

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't predict future performance based on beating up on the sisters of the poor offenses either, and their DVOA 32/22 reflects that.

You can quote meaningless statistics all day. Look at the league leaders. See any Pats in there other than Brady? Nope.

I'm just pointing out that it's ridiculous to suggest that the Pats overrated.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can quote meaningless statistics all day. Look at the league leaders. See any Pats in there other than Brady? Nope.

I'm just pointing out that it's ridiculous to suggest that the Pats overrated.
No, it really isn't at all to say they're overrated when we have posters citing PPG and then go with the "meaningless statistics" (like PPG?) line when they get called out on it.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it really isn't at all to say they're overrated when we have posters citing PPG and then go with the "meaningless statistics" (like PPG?) line when they get called out on it.

The only statistic that matters is wins and losses. Every other statistic including point differential means dick.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only statistic that matters is wins and losses. Every other statistic including point differential means dick.
"Stats with predictive value are meaningless"

You can't really expect me to buy that cliche outside of acknowledging who won the SB.

Agree to disagree.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Houston would have beaten the Pats if not for a QB that makes Jemarcus Russell look like a HOFer

Chiefs have a roster that is SB worthy, but the QB has a very low ceiling come playoff time

Raiders are good, but Carr has not been great in big games, and Im still not a believer in that defense in a big spot

If Watson or Mahomes shock, those teams can represent the AFC, but Ill still go with the Pats in that God awful conference

In the NFC, Ill go with the explosive Giants over the Pack in the NFC title game

And in that case, Ill hope the Pats make it

PS - There should be a rule in which the Falcons are not allowed in the Super Bowl until Matt Ryan retires
How'd you know that team was going to bomb and be blown up? I gotta give it to you, you were spot on:thumb:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are going to the Super Bowl this season

One of, if not the leagues best defense

Brandon Marshall and a playmaking TE added to Shepard and ODB

if Goofy can play one more great one
:L

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking at the end of the season is cheating - but still tough.
I have the Patriots for AFC of course,
Vikings, Rams, Panthers could make it but have beat up on lesser teams.
Philly would have been my choice before Wentz wentz down.
My pick is going to be the Rams.....