• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BoiseStateFan's 2016 College Football Predictions

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arkansas Razorbacks

Preview: Last season was an odd one for Arkansas as they fell short of expectations then played like the 2nd best team in the SEC for a while. The early portion of the year was trouble for them as they were stunned by Toledo, beaten soundly by Texas Tech then lost to Texas A&M once again to start 1-3, they recovered to beat Tennessee, and performed solidly in an expected loss to Alabama. Suddenly they beat Auburn in 4OTs and then beat Ole Miss in overtime on the road in the most ridiculous fashion before pummeling LSU on the road. Arkansas oddly enough dropped a shootout at home to Mississippi State before winning the last two. Arkansas had one of the better offenses in the SEC last year, but they lose a lot of starters. QB Brandon Allen performed very well last year but he is gone, his younger brother Austin Allen took over the starting job right away so there's not much concern at QB. RB is a big concern as both Alex Collins and Jonathan Williams are gone, Kody Walker broke his foot, and Rawleigh Williams is coming off neck surgery, Arkansas may have to rely on true freshmen here. The top receivers and TE are gone but there was a lot of depth behind them and the new starters should perform well, the offensive line is a concern with 3 starters gone. The defense is expected to be the strength of the team this year as almost the entire defensive line is back, and both starting linebackers return. 2 starters are gone in the secondary but there's a lot more experience back there this year than there was entering last year. The schedule is doable with the only non-conference challenge being on the road against TCU, they do draw Florida and Missouri from the East which isn't the easiest of draws. If Arkansas's offense proves to not be a liability they will improve this year, I think they may remain about the same.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 Louisiana Tech: Louisiana Tech has a lot to replace from last year so Arkansas shouldn't have much trouble. W

Sept. 10 @ TCU: First challenge for a new offense proves to be a tough one as TCU's defense dominates the game and Arkansas loses. L

Sept. 17 Texas State: No trouble will be had here. W

Sept. 24 Texas A&M(Jerry World): I don't know why but Texas A&M has really had Arkansas' number since joining the SEC, I'll ride that. L

Oct. 1 Alcorn State: Steve McNair's brother coaches Alcorn State, so that's an interesting fact for you. W

Oct. 8 Alabama: Arkansas' defense has consistently tested Alabama, I don't think they have the offense to pull the upset off. L

Oct. 15 Ole Miss: Wont' be such a crazy game this time as Arkansas' defense frustrates Chad Kelly while their offense has success against Ole Miss' defense. W

Oct. 22 @ Auburn: Malzahn and Bielema hate each other so this is an entertaining toss up, I'll go with Auburn this time. L

Nov. 5 Florida: With help of the bye week Arkansas smothers Florida in this one. W

Nov. 12 LSU: Arkansas has sure been taking full advantage of playing LSU the week after they play Alabama these past few years, I think it happens again here and Arkansas pulls off the upset. W

Nov. 19 @ Mississippi State: Meanwhile once again Mississippi State stuns Arkansas the week after they play LSU. L

Nov. 26 @ Missouri: Allen makes some good late plays to help Arkansas win a defensive battle. W

Predicted Record: 7-5(4-4)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dadburnit! Of course now Jovon Robinson gets dismissed from Auburn, I thought he was going to be a breakout player this year, and it flips the toss up between Arkansas and Auburn.

Maybe this is why the SEC was always the last conference I did, so I know who's suspended and dismissed :doh:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arkansas Razorbacks

Preview: Last season was an odd one for Arkansas as they fell short of expectations then played like the 2nd best team in the SEC for a while. The early portion of the year was trouble for them as they were stunned by Toledo, beaten soundly by Texas Tech then lost to Texas A&M once again to start 1-3, they recovered to beat Tennessee, and performed solidly in an expected loss to Alabama. Suddenly they beat Auburn in 4OTs and then beat Ole Miss in overtime on the road in the most ridiculous fashion before pummeling LSU on the road. Arkansas oddly enough dropped a shootout at home to Mississippi State before winning the last two. Arkansas had one of the better offenses in the SEC last year, but they lose a lot of starters. QB Brandon Allen performed very well last year but he is gone, his younger brother Austin Allen took over the starting job right away so there's not much concern at QB. RB is a big concern as both Alex Collins and Jonathan Williams are gone, Kody Walker broke his foot, and Rawleigh Williams is coming off neck surgery, Arkansas may have to rely on true freshmen here. The top receivers and TE are gone but there was a lot of depth behind them and the new starters should perform well, the offensive line is a concern with 3 starters gone. The defense is expected to be the strength of the team this year as almost the entire defensive line is back, and both starting linebackers return. 2 starters are gone in the secondary but there's a lot more experience back there this year than there was entering last year. The schedule is doable with the only non-conference challenge being on the road against TCU, they do draw Florida and Missouri from the East which isn't the easiest of draws. If Arkansas's offense proves to not be a liability they will improve this year, I think they may remain about the same.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 Louisiana Tech: Louisiana Tech has a lot to replace from last year so Arkansas shouldn't have much trouble. W

Sept. 10 @ TCU: First challenge for a new offense proves to be a tough one as TCU's defense dominates the game and Arkansas loses. L

Sept. 17 Texas State: No trouble will be had here. W

Sept. 24 Texas A&M(Jerry World): I don't know why but Texas A&M has really had Arkansas' number since joining the SEC, I'll ride that. L

Oct. 1 Alcorn State: Steve McNair's brother coaches Alcorn State, so that's an interesting fact for you. W

Oct. 8 Alabama: Arkansas' defense has consistently tested Alabama, I don't think they have the offense to pull the upset off. L

Oct. 15 Ole Miss: Wont' be such a crazy game this time as Arkansas' defense frustrates Chad Kelly while their offense has success against Ole Miss' defense. W

Oct. 22 @ Auburn: Malzahn and Bielema hate each other so this is an entertaining toss up, I'll go with Arkansas in this one again. W

Nov. 5 Florida: With help of the bye week Arkansas smothers Florida in this one. W

Nov. 12 LSU: Arkansas has sure been taking full advantage of playing LSU the week after they play Alabama these past few years, I think it happens again here and Arkansas pulls off the upset. W

Nov. 19 @ Mississippi State: Meanwhile once again Mississippi State stuns Arkansas the week after they play LSU. L

Nov. 26 @ Missouri: Allen makes some good late plays to help Arkansas win a defensive battle. W

Predicted Record: 8-4(5-3)

Changes reflected above

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn Tigers

Preview: Things sure do change fast, Gus Malzahn in his first year at Auburn had instant success and led them to the championship game where they lost a close battle to a dominant Florida State team, Auburn dropped off the following year and then last year they collapsed. Auburn dropped to 6-6 and wasn't really convincing in any of their victories in fact they were pretty lucky to have beaten Jacksonville State and Kentucky. A big part of the issue was how bad the offense was, something unexpected for a Gus Malzahn coached team. QB Jeremy Johnson was a preseason Heisman contender and basically he was terrible, Auburn ended up switching between him and freshman Sean White all last year, both return and Auburn brings in JUCO transfer Jonathan Franklin III. Franklin struggled with turnovers in the spring, so perhaps the most promising candidate is White, since he got experience as a freshman he stands to have the most room to improve. The RB position is deep which is fortunate because Jovon Robinson who I thought was going to break out this year just got booted off the team today, Auburn will likely use a rotation of backs. Auburn will miss one time miracle worker Ricardo Louis but they bring back Marcus Davis who's a good weapon, there's 2 other experienced options before Auburn dips to unknown commodities. The offensive line loses it's two best blockers but performed well in the spring. The defense will yet again have a new coordinator after Will Muschamp left to be a head coach, Muschamp did bring some improvement to the defense last year. The strength of the defense will be the defensive line with star defense end Carl Lawson who Auburn hopes will remain healthy after he missed a lot of last year because of injury, Montravius Adams is a great defensive tackle as well. Auburn will be starting two new linebackers, so this area could be a mystery. Auburn's corners will be young but talented sophomore corner Carlton Davis played well last year, meanwhile Auburn will have 2 new starters at safety but they should be solid. The schedule is rough as Auburn plays both Clemson and Alabama, Auburn's other non-conference games shouldn't be a challenge though and they get Vanderbilt from the East in addition to Georgia. I feel like I might regret not picking Auburn to have a breakthrough year as they tend to do these things when little is expected of them, but I still have them in a bowl.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 Clemson: Even though this is at home and even if Auburn does have a break through, I can't see them beating Clemson. L

Sept. 10 Arkansas State: Arkansas State is talented for a Sun Belt team but if Auburn struggles they're in for a long year. W

Sept. 17 Texas A&M: This game will be pretty telling early on which of these two teams could have a good year, I like Auburn's chances better than A&Ms. W

Sept. 24 LSU: I don't think Auburn will have enough answers for Leonard Fournette in this one. L

Oct. 1 UL-Monroe: Easy win. W

Oct. 8 @ Mississippi State: Auburn finally gets the edge back on Mississippi State by winning this one. W

Oct. 22 Arkansas: Toss up game between two coaches who hate each other, I have Arkansas barely winning. L

Oct. 29 @ Ole Miss: Bit of a surprise here but Auburn takes down Ole Miss. W

Nov. 5 Vanderbilt: Auburn doesn't have the best offensive game but they win. W

Nov. 12 @ Georgia: I'm going upset with Auburn beating Georgia. W

Nov. 19 Alabama A&M: LOL. W

Nov. 26 @ Alabama: I can't see Auburn winning this one. L

VFL1995

Vol For Eternity
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of these, but I don't think Alabama gets through the regular season unbeaten

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of these, but I don't think Alabama gets through the regular season unbeaten

I didn't think I'd have them going unbeaten when I started this but I just couldn't find anyone I felt confident enough to pick. I picked Texas A&M to upset them last year :L

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only two times Auburn has beaten UGA the last 10 years, they went to the National Championship game.

Auburn might be the only P5 opponent other than your Vandys and Kentuckys of the world that I feel confident in saying we're gonna win this season.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida Gators

Preview: Florida's first year under Jim McElwain sure wasn't boring, at least if you like close games if you liked offense you were out of luck. It all started early 2nd game of the season East Carolina drove down the field threatening to tie the game when then their QB in the most ridiculous of fumbles let the ball fall out of his hand as he was going to throw it resulting in a fumble that was recovered by a Gator who then got tackled by another Gator. Florida then won a close ugly game over Kentucky, and then down 27-14 against Tennessee late Florida scored to make it a one score game and on 4th and forever Tennessee's defense had a terrible breakdown allowing Florida to win in the wildest of fashions. They had a few really good performances dominating Ole Miss and Georgia with a close loss to LSU. Then they struggled miserably down the stretch nearly losing to Vanderbilt before kicking a field goal to win 9-7, needing overtime to beat a 3 win Florida Atlantic team and then taking blowout losses in their last 3 games( the Alabama loss wasn't too bad but Florida also never threatened to win.) Florida's offense is still struggling from the Muschamp days by far their best QB was Will Grier but after being suspended he transferred. College journeyman QB Luke Del Rio is expected to take over as the starter, Florida is his 3rd college but he's only a sophomore. Florida has a variety of running backs to use, but there's not a lot of experience at the position. The only starting receiver back is Antonio Callaway who was the receiver who made that ridiculous play against Tennessee last year, Florida's offensive line was absolutely terrible last year giving up more sacks than any line in the country it brings back 3 starters and you would have to think it can't be worse. Florida's defense is what kept them afloat last year and it could be the case once again. The defensive line loses two starters but has a lot of talent and depth plus Caleb Brantley one of the DTs played fantastic late. Florida loses Antonio Morrison at linebacker but brings back Jarrad Davis, depth is thin at this position though. Florida's starting secondary is one of the best in the nation including one of the best corners in Jalen Tabor but depth lacks here as well. Florida has about one of the easiest schedules they can ask for, only non-conference challenge is rival Florida State as they assembled perhaps the 3 worst opponents possible for the other 3, their west draw will never be the easiest because they play LSU every year but Arkansas isn't the worst team to have to face for their other opponent.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 UMass: Like I said perhaps the easiest opponents possible, UMass is the best team outside of Florida State that Florida plays OOC. W

Sept. 10 Kentucky: Hate to show how old I am but I was in high school the last time Kentucky beat Florida. W

Sept. 17 North Texas: North Texas lost 66-7 to FCS Portland State last year, do you really think they stand a chance here? W

Sept. 24 @ Tennessee: Florida has simply had Tennessee's number for a while now, I so badly wanted to pick Tennessee but they have to beat Florida before I ever pick them to win. W

Oct. 1 @ Vanderbilt: Florida wins this one barely in a game that will probably be similar to last year's. W

Oct. 8 LSU: Florida contains Fournette to less than his usual performance but the offense struggles too much and LSU wins. L

Oct. 15 Missouri: Florida wins a low scoring affair. W

Oct. 29 Georgia (Jacksonville): Georgia proves to be better on both sides of the ball and takes down Florida in this one. L

Nov. 5 @ Arkansas: Florida's offense gets them into trouble here as Arkansas takes them down. L

Nov. 12 South Carolina: Florida has a lot of success against their former coach in this one. W

Nov. 19 Presbyterian: What is this? Is this even a real college or did Florida call up the local church for scrub week? W

Nov. 26 @ Florida State: Florida will most likely get dominated again in this one. L

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only two times Auburn has beaten UGA the last 10 years, they went to the National Championship game.

Auburn might be the only P5 opponent other than your Vandys and Kentuckys of the world that I feel confident in saying we're gonna win this season.

I had to go out on a limb on something, you might be using your blackout jerseys for that game, you know how those go for you.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to go out on a limb on something, you might be using your blackout jerseys for that game, you know how those go for you.

They worked out good when we used them against Auburn, I believe the year before the Alabama debacle.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, picking us to beat Florida? THAT is a ballsy pick. I like it though.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia Bulldogs

Preview: For the most part last year Georgia simply existed, they lost badly to Alabama and also lost to East division foes Florida and Tennessee, seeing that Georgia didn't face the toughest of schedules 10-3 was considered a disappointment. Georgia took a huge risk firing Mark Richt now they start a new era with Kirby Smart in hopes of being an every season championship contender. Georgia's biggest issues were on offense and that was centered around the QB position. At first last year I thought Georgia was going to win the SEC east when doing these predictions but when they brought in Greyson Lambert and started him I knew something was wrong and lowed my expectations, Lambert proved to be about as mediocre as I expected. He will have competition this year from Brice Ramsey who wasn't great last year either but showed improvement this spring and of course star true freshman QB Jacob Eason who I think will end up starting at some point this year. Georgia needs health at RB as both Nick Chubb and Sony Michel are recovering from injuries, they will provide one of the best 1-2 punches in the country if healthy. Georgia has some decent receivers but lacks a top playmaker, and the offensive line that struggled at times last year loses it's two top starters. Georgia's defense lifted them a lot last year but it now replaces almost the entire front 7, while talents like Leonard Floyd and Jordan Jenkins will be missed Georgia will have a much less experienced but very talented front 7. Georgia should be strong in the secondary with almost every starter back. Georgia's non-conference schedule includes a tough game against North Carolina to open the year and their rival Georgia Tech at the end of the year, Georgia draws Ole Miss in addition to Auburn this year which is not as bad as last year's draw. Georgia should be solid but I don't see them winning the East this year.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 North Carolina (Atlanta): North Carolina might be the only team in this game with a new starting QB if Georgia starts Lambert but I also trust North Carolina's new QB more than any QB on Georgia's roster at least for the opener. North Carolina's offense takes advantage of the most vulnerable version of Georgia's defense and takes down Georgia. L

Sept. 10 Nicholls State: Nicholls State proves no threat. W

Sept. 17 @ Missouri: This will be another defensive tussle, Georgia gets a good run from Chubb late to win. W

Sept. 24 @ Ole Miss: Georgia's defense shines in this game as Ole Miss' inept running game proves to be their downfall, Chad Kelly doesn't find any open receivers against Georgia's secondary and Georgia wins. W

Oct. 1 Tennessee: Tennessee's experience proves to be too much for Georgia here, I think this will be a collapse game for Georgia that motivates them to start Eason. L

Oct. 8 @ South Carolina: Georgia wins this one in a blowout. W

Oct. 15 Vanderbilt: Georgia easily wins this one as well. W

Oct. 29 Florida: With Eason as the starter Georgia's offense proves to make more plays allowing them to win. W

Nov. 5 @ Kentucky: I can't believe Kentucky beat Georgia in 2009, feels like it's been longer. W

Nov. 12 Auburn: Slightly surprising upset here as Georgia gets taken down by Auburn. L

Nov. 19 Louisiana-Lafayette: The Ragin Cajuns will not beat Georgia. W

Nov. 26 Georgia Tech: Georgia Tech always puts up a fight, Georgia wins a close one. W

Predicted Record: 9-3(6-2)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky Wildcats

Preview: Kentucky is a challenging job as are most jobs at programs with more basketball fans than football fans. Kentucky has had a lot of challenges against them lately, Louisville joining the ACC had made them even more superior to Kentucky in football, since 2000 Kentucky has only 3 total wins against Florida, Georgia and Tennessee that's basically 3 guaranteed losses Kentucky takes every year. Kentucky is lucky enough to draw Mississippi State out of the West but the last few years even that has proven challenging, Kentucky usually isn't able to beat the other West opponent either. Point is there's a lot that has to go right for Kentucky to even make a bowl game, Mark Stoops brought excitement to the program when he recruited well but after strong starts in the past 2 years it has yet to produce a bowl bid now Stoops might possibly be on the hot seat this year. The offense last year proved to be a disappointment as QB Patrick Towles regressed and threw more picks than touchdowns, then freshman QB was a little better in limited action and with Towles transferring Barker will take over as the starter, since he got experience as a freshman he could improve this year. The star of this team is easily Stanley "Boom" Williams who's probably the most talented player Kentucky has had since Randall Cobb, he averaged a ridiculous 7 yards/carry but part of it was because Kentucky tried passing the ball a lot. JoJo Kemp is another good runner so with the hire of offensive coordinator Eddie Gran expect Kentucky to run more this year. Kentucky returns every single player that caught a pass last year, including TE CJ Conrad who is a great talent but wasn't targeted enough last year. Kentucky's offensive line got beat up last year 8 players started at least a game last year and 6 of them are back along with some JUCO transfers to help out. Kentucky's offense has the potential to make a big step forward this year. Kentucky didn't have a good defense either, and it hasn't so far during the entire Stoops era. It's hard to see that changing, the front 7 was terrible last year but got hit with injuries. Still 3 of the top 5 dlinemen are gone and the top 4 tacklers at linebacker are gone as well. The secondary didn't play well last year but it had some young players who showed potential at least, this is the best unit of the defense but that may not be saying much. Kentucky has a rough schedule for their level, they open with Southern Miss one of the tougher mid major teams, and of course have their rivalry game with Louisville, Kentucky also has the misfortune of drawing Alabama from the West. Once again Kentucky has a huge uphill climb to make a bowl, they have some talent on the roster maybe they can pull something together and surprise us.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 Southern Miss: We'll know right away how Kentucky's season looks from this game, if Kentucky loses you can kiss their bowl hopes goodbye, I'll let them hold on to these hopes for another week. W

Sept. 10 @ Florida: Kentucky has come closer than ever to beating Florida these past 2 years, but I just can't get over the fact that I was in high school the last time they won against them. Stupid Kentucky you made me admit that I'm old again, enjoy the loss. L

Sept. 17 New Mexico State: This should be a simple win. W

Sept. 24 South Carolina: South Carolina is about the only team in the SEC I can find with a less promising roster, Kentucky wins this one. W

Oct. 1 @ Alabama: Blowout loss. L

Oct. 8 Vanderbilt: Vanderbilt's defense takes this game over and makes it a low scoring one that Kentucky loses. L

Oct. 22 Mississippi State: Kentucky pulls a little bit of a surprise win here to keep their slim bowl hopes alive. W

Oct. 29 @ Missouri: Kentucky once again struggles against a strong defense and loses a low scoring game. L

Nov. 5 Georgia: No this won't happen. L

Nov. 12 @ Tennessee: Bowl hopes fading. L

Nov. 19 Austin Peay: Still alive. W

Nov. 26 @ Louisville: Better start working on your academics and hope there's not enough 6-6 teams. L

Predicted Record: 5-7(2-6)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisiana State Tigers

Preview:
I quite honestly could make these easy for myself. I could just say Leonard Fournette for this preview section and move on to the predictions. I guess I'll make it harder for myself. LSU was a playoff contender most of the season and was one of the last unbeaten in the country but then their season promptly dropped to disappointment as they were dominated by Alabama, Arkansas and Ole Miss in a 3 week period. Les Miles was about to be canned but a good performance against Texas A&M along with tons of fan and player support saved his job, thus the Mad Hatter lives on for another year. LSU's offense was one player Leonard Fournette...but I guess we'll talk about the other guys too. QB is still an issue that LSU seems incapable of fixing, I simply don't understand it, different offensive coordinators and all the talent around them that they could possibly need and LSU is still inept at QB. Brandon Harris is the starter and was a very hyped talent entering LSU and yet he has struggled. LSU brought in Purdue transfer Danny Etling but I don't think he will do much to help matters. Another reason this blows my mind is every year LSU has one of the most talented receiver corps in the country. That is the case again this year with Malachi Dupre and Travin Dural, if they don't get a chance to make an impact this year they sure will in the NFL. The offensive line loses both tackles so they need to find replacements there. Not only was QB play part of LSU's downfall but their defense was part of it too in all reality LSU didn't have a great defense last year. Dave Aranda is now the defensive coordinator and he led the best defense in the nation last year at Wisconsin. Every starter is back on the Dline, Kendall Beckwith is a great player who's back at linebacker. The secondary brings everyone back and could be a great lockdown secondary this year. LSU's nonconference schedule has an opener against Wisconsin, they also have slightly tricky games against Southern Miss and the best non- North Dakota State FCS team in Jacksonville State. They draw Missouri and Florida from the west this year. With loads of experience LSU is hoping to win the national championship this year.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 Wisconsin( Green Bay): Defensive coordinator Dave Aranda knows exactly what's he's scheming against in this opener, LSU never loses these openers anyways. W

Sept. 10 Jacksonville State: Jacksonville State probably won't be as close to beating LSU as they were against Auburn. W

Sept. 17 Mississippi State: LSU doesn't have much trouble winning this one. W

Sept. 24 @ Auburn: Fournette runs over Auburn in this game. W

Oct. 1 Missouri: This won't be the best game for Fournette but LSU wins. W

Oct. 8 @ Florida: Fournette does enough to lift LSU to a win. W

Oct. 15 Southern Miss: LSU should win this one without much issue. W

Oct. 22 Ole Miss: LSU wins this game by a comfortable margin. W

Nov. 5 Alabama: Here's where we find out if LSU can make the playoff or not, Saban has out-coached Miles badly the last several meetings. We'll see if LSU can prove me wrong but I'm picking Alabama. L

Nov. 12 @ Arkansas: Arkansas was already a matchup for LSU every year but it has been really rough since it was moved to the week after Bama. Arkansas with the upset. L

Nov. 19 South Alabama: LSU will take their anger out here. W

Nov. 24 @ Texas A&M: Back on thanksgiving? LSU dominates A&M once again. W

Predicted Record: 10-2(6-2)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama Crimson Tide

Preview: Alabama was once again strong last year, as they won yet another national title. It wasn't without it's early bumps though as in the 3rd week of the year they lost once again to their arch nemesis Ole Miss in one of the longest, wackiest, all over the place games you'll ever see as Alabama trailed by 20 came back then quickly fell behind by 20 again before the 2nd comeback fell 6 points short. They would go unchallenged until a home game against Tennessee where Tennessee had some decent success running the ball but they missed 3 field goals, Alabama was down 1 late in the game before scoring a touchdown and forcing a fumble to win, after that they destroyed LSU and just about everyone else in their path on their way to the national title game against Clemson. Alabama was well tested but some huge special teams plays in the 4th quarter allowed them to take the game over and win it all. Now they get ready to try to do it all over again, with a different looking roster. The offense actually played well most of last year but gone is QB Jake Coker who finally ran away with the starting job like he was expected to since arriving on campus and workhorse Derrick Henry. This is the 3rd year in a row that Alabama has found themselves looking for a starting QB as Saban has named the senior the last 2 years, that won't happen this year. The QB competition is considered wide open between Cooper Bateman, David Cornwell, Blake Barnett and Jalen Hurts, but considering the latter 2 are redshirt freshmen and freshmen respectively, you can almost eliminate them from the competition as Saban almost certainly won't start a freshman QB. The favorite to replace Henry at RB is Bo Scarbrough the son of former Oklahoma Heisman winner Nate Scarbrough, he's only a sophomore and may split carries with another sophomore in Damien Harris. There's a ton of receiving talent on this team as Alabama brings back Calvin Ridley, ArDarius Stewart, Robert Foster and adds transfer Gehrig Dieter, then there's TE O.J. Howard always known as a top talent but underutilized until he got unleashed in the national title game. Alabama loses 2 starting linemen, the toughest to replace will be center Ryan Kelly, but they bring back the talented somehow not suspended Cam Robinson(sorry but no matter the program that stuff shouldn't happen.) The defense will look a lot different as a lot of talented players are now in the NFL, the only starter on the defensive line that's back is Jonathan Allen who will prove to be a leader up front, Alabama rotates a lot so they have plenty of options to replace the lost starters. The linebackers will miss Reggie Ragland, but Reuben Foster is back to lead the unit, there will be plenty of options, Tim Williams had 10.5 sacks as a pash rush specialist last year and Ryan Anderson had 6 sacks in limited action. Alabama returns the most starters in the secondary, this unit was easily the weakest on the defense last year as it got burned at times when it went up against good QBs. The secondary had it relatively easy when you consider the great pass rush and the poor passing games Alabama played, but with a lot of experience this unit could be one of the best in the country this year. Alabama will be tested by a very tough schedule, as they open the season against USC, though the rest of their non-conference schedule is easy, Alabama also gets the benefit of Kentucky from the East, but their matchup against Tennessee is on the road and more of a challenge than it's been in a long time, they also get LSU and arch-nemesis Ole Miss on the road. Still an undefeated season and a playoff birth is still on the cards and any less will be a disappointment for Alabama.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 USC (Jerry World): If only USC was at the level they were 03-05, wow this would have been a fun matchup, as it is there's still intrigue, both teams breaking in new QBs, RBs and Dline's, both with talented receivers and of course Lane Kiffin going up against the team that fired him. Kiffin wanting revenge is the only thing that could get in Alabama's way(yes I typed that right) as he might make foolish play calls, if that doesn't happen I see Alabama winning. W

Sept. 10 Western Kentucky: This game would have been a lot more interesting against last year's Western Kentucky, but it's not so... easy win. W

Sept. 17 @ Ole Miss: Saban v Arch-Nemesis, Saban can't possibly lose 3 in a row to the same team can he? Ole Miss will really miss Treadwell in this one, I think Alabama wins. W

Sept. 24 Kent State: Saban will probably take an easy on his alma-matter and pull the starters after they take a 4 touchdown lead. W

Oct. 1 Kentucky: Another easy win. W

Oct. 8 @ Arkansas: Arkansas defensively has held Alabama to one of their lowest scoring output in every year since Kiffin arrived at Alabama, so there's some intrigue here. W

Oct. 15 @ Tennessee: This was the closest game I came to picking Alabama to go down in, Tennessee has all the talent to pull it off...I just couldn't pull the trigger on this one gut feeling they would let me down. W

Oct. 22 Texas A&M: Unless Trevor Knight suddenly brings back his 2013 Sugar bowl self I can't possibly see Texas A&M winning this. W

Nov. 5 @ LSU: It's been a long time since LSU has won this game, I'm going to pick Alabama until they do. W

Nov. 12 Mississippi State: If Mississippi State couldn't beat Alabama with Dak Prescott they sure aren't going to do it without him. W

Nov. 19 Chattanooga: Why? W

Nov. 26 Auburn: No kick 6 miracles for Auburn. W

Predicted Record: 12-0(8-0)

It's more of a reach that you say Bama will go undefeated then lose 2 or 3 honestly. In all of Saban's NC's he was only undefeated once and only once in his career overall.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally off subject, but why didn't Texas State just renname themselves the Armadillos? That and the program battle it out for the greatest college football movie of all time...fuck Rudy.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally off subject, but why didn't Texas State just renname themselves the Armadillos? That and the program battle it out for the greatest college football movie of all time...fuck Rudy.

That would seriously be a genius idea

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mississippi Rebels

Preview: Ole Miss had a fantastic year last year. They started it out with a bang as they destroyed their first 2 opponents and then somehow beat Saban for the 2nd year in a row when they upset Alabama on the road in the wildest of games where Ole Miss nearly blew a 20 point lead twice. After another win they suddenly collapsed as they got dominated by Florida in a complete meltdown performance, following an easy win they went on the road to Memphis and to the surprise of a lot of people Ole Miss was thoroughly beaten by them. Despite this Ole Miss still had the track to win the SEC West and cause chaos in the playoff picture but then in an overtime battle against Arkansas, Ole Miss seemingly had them beat 4th and a mile Arkansas needed to convert and in one of the craziest plays you'll ever see Arkansas converted, later scored a TD, went for 2 and won the game. Ole Miss won out from there and that included an impressive beat down of LSU, and Sugar bowl destruction of Oklahoma State. Ole Miss now faces the challenge of losing a lot of players from that team and to be honest as you'll notice I'm not as high on Ole Miss as a lot of others are. Ole Miss' offense improved significantly last year thanks to a lot of top talents that they had, most of them are gone now. The reason for hope is that QB Chad Kelly returns and he is easily the best QB in the SEC, the concern is he may struggle with a lack of support when Ole Miss faces good defenses like Dak Prescott did last year, it's an even bigger concern this year because the defenses in the SEC should be better. There will be one good target for Kelly as TE Evan Engram surprisingly returned, Quincy Adeboyejo is the only starting receiver back but Damore'ea Stringfellow is a talented receiver who hasn't been able to get it together mentally, it's always possible he could this year. Ole Miss brings back 4 offensive linemen who have starting experience but the majority of the line will be sophomores and the starting left tackle could be a true freshman. Ole Miss has lacked a running game for most of Hugh Freeze's tenure and this concern appears to be the case again this year. The defense loses a lot of experience from last year also, the talented Robert Nkemdiche is gone but the defensive line should still be the strength of the defense with the return of Marquis Haynes. Linebacker is a concern as Ole Miss looks for starters there, Ole Miss will start over again at safety but brings back their top corners from last year. Ole Miss will face a beefed up schedule this year as their toughest non-conference game is no longer Memphis, they have a really tough opener against Florida State and a tricky late season game against Georgia Southern. They will always have one of the better SEC East draws because they get Vanderbilt every year but Georgia is their other opponent, the schedule is unbalanced with most of the tough games early. Overall Ole Miss is more of a wild card, to be honest I think they will disappoint completely compared to their preseason ranking but if the right pieces fall into place performing at that level is possible.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Florida State (Orlando): Chad Kelly keeps Ole Miss in this game for a half but then struggles to find targets later in the game while Ole Miss' defense wears down and Florida State rolls Ole Miss. L

Sept. 10 Wofford: Short week but who cares it's Wofford. W

Sept. 17 Alabama: Brutal stretch to start out the year, I can't see Ole Miss doing this 3 years in a row. L

Sept. 24 Georgia: Ole Miss finds themselves struggling in this game and Georgia takes them down to get Ole Miss off to a terrible start. L

Oct. 1 Memphis: Memphis lost a lot so they probably won't take down Ole Miss again. W

Oct. 15 @ Arkansas: Another tough game as Arkansas' defense leaves Kelly with no room to breathe in this one, without any support Ole Miss loses in a collapse for their offense. L

Oct. 22 @ LSU: Going to death valley is not the best solution for a struggling team playing in a rough stretch. L

Oct. 29 Auburn: Struggles continue in yet another loss. L

Nov. 5 Georgia Southern: Playing Georgia Southern's option this late in the year is never easy but Ole Miss gets it back together here and finally wins. W

Nov. 12 @ Texas A&M: With some confidence Ole Miss puts together one of their better performances in another win. W

Nov. 19 @ Vanderbilt: This turns out to be a win for Ole Miss they still don't have the best day offensively but their defense helps to do the job. W

Nov. 26 Mississippi State: Ole Miss gets some satisfaction to end a disappointing regular season as their dominate their rival in the Egg bowl. W

Predicted Record: 6-6(3-5)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mississippi State Bulldogs

Preview: Replacing an all everything QB is never easy but Mississippi State faces that challenge this year. For the last two seasons Dak Prescott was basically Mississippi State's offense and Mississippi State had two of their best years as a result. The offense will undergo a huge change in his absence. Mississippi State has 4 QBs vying for the starting job this year and thus far none of them have done anything to set themselves apart. Dak Prescott provided most of the running game last year as the running backs were not all that effective. The offensive line loses 2 starters and whoever the QB is will have to find new receivers to throw to. The defense has a much more promising outlook but they have a new defensive coordinator with a new scheme. Mississippi State will be very strong in the front 7 especially with linebacker Richie Brown and defensive end AJ Jefferson back. Mississippi State lost it's top 2 corners so this spot is a question mark but the safeties are the best position on the team with Kivon Coman and star Brandon Bryant both returning. Mississippi State will definitely benefit from an easier schedule. Their non-conference does feature a road game against BYU which is the toughest non-conference matchup Mississippi State had had since the neutral site game against Oklahoma State several years ago, Mississippi State as you can tell traditionally has a weak non-conference schedule. They get the best SEC East draw as they get South Carolina in addition to their game against Kentucky. Overall Mississippi State is in a rebuilding year, with the schedule they have they have a good chance of making a bowl.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 South Alabama: This should be an easy season opening win. W

Sept. 10 South Carolina: South Carolina wishes their rebuild was Mississippi State's rebuild. W

Sept. 17 @ LSU: Mississippi State won't be able to put up much of a fight in this one. L

Sept. 24 @ UMass: I didn't make an error there this game is actually at UMass, how bizarre. W

Oct. 8 Auburn: Despite the bye week I still think Auburn takes down Mississippi State. L

Oct. 14 @ BYU: An odd and tough road game and BYU takes down Mississippi State in this one. L

Oct. 22 @ Kentucky: Another surprising loss for Mississippi State as their QB struggles cost them. L

Oct. 29 Samford: Don't know why this is being played in October but I guess they need it. W

Nov. 5 Texas A&M: Mississippi State takes down A&M in a close one. W

Nov. 12 @ Alabama: This will be a blowout loss. L

Nov. 19 Arkansas: Mississippi State pulls a surprise win over Arkansas. W

Nov. 26 @ Ole Miss: Mississippi State ends the regular season with a blowout loss to their rival. L

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri Tigers

Preview: Missouri's 2015 was definitely far from boring even if their offense was, it was with drama between Maty Mauk causing issues, the team threatening to refuse to play against BYU and then Gary Pinkel resigning due to health issues. On the field the team struggled. After 2 seasons of winning the SEC East Missouri dipped to 5-7. They had an unconvincing 3-0 start beating Arkansas State by a touchdown and then beating Connecticut 9-6 in the ugliest most unwatchable game you'll ever see. Missouri only once all year gave up more than 28 points, but their offense was so bad it scored 20 or more just 4 times all year! They won every single one of those games by the way. The offense was a disaster right at the start as once heralded recruit Maty Mauk proved to be nothing but trouble he finally got kicked off the team, Drew Lock a true freshman at the time took over as the starter and he performed like a true freshman getting thrown into the wolves would perform. RB Russell Hansbrough was hurt after the first game and never really played healthy all year, now he's gone but help is on the way with former Oklahoma running back Alex Ross who transferred because he fell behind Perine and Mixon at OU. The best guard on the team Evan Boehm also played hurt most of the year. Connor McGovern was the other top linemen and he was forced to play out of position so this offensive line was just terrible now all these top players are gone. The offensive line overall returns almost no starting experience. The receivers were inexperienced and pretty bad last year but they're mostly all back. Missouri's defense is what gives them hope for this year, as their defense was very good last year and now it returns a lot of experience. Defensive end Walter Brady got dismissed but he is the only one of Missouri's top 9 defensive linemen from last year that is gone. Charles Harris is the star end of this group he will be dominant again. 2 of 3 starting linebackers are back and 5 of the top 7 players in the secondary are back. It's a tough and deep defense. Missouri's schedule includes a non-conference road opener at West Virginia and they draw LSU in addition to their game against Arkansas from the West which definitely isn't the most favorable of draws. I would say what I think but I'm never right on Missouri, 3 years ago I predicted doom and gloom...they won the SEC East. Following Year I predicted a drop off...they won the SEC East. Last year I predicted them to stay right in the thick of the SEC East race and they fell apart. Here's my best guess though.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 @ West Virginia: West Virginia returns a lot of experience and when not faced against the spread offenses of the Big 12 West Virginia plays good defense, I think Missouri will lose this opener. L

Sept. 10 Eastern Michigan: Nice easy win here. W

Sept. 17 Georgia: Expect this to be a low scoring game, Georgia just has a few more playmakers to beat Missouri. L
Sept. 24 Delaware State: Delaware State is one of the worst teams in the MEAC this should be simple. W

Oct. 1 @ LSU: Can't see Missouri winning in death valley. L

Oct. 15 @ Florida: Another ugly game but Florida scores the touchdown needed to win. L

Oct. 22 Middle Tennessee: Missouri actually will be threatened in this one as Mid Tenn State is one of the better mid majors this year but Missouri escapes a close one. W

Oct. 29 Kentucky: Missouri I think dominates this game and wins 16-3. W

Nov. 5 @ South Carolina: Missouri's offense will be capable of scoring on South Carolina's defense so that alone helps them win. W

Nov. 12 Vanderbilt: These two teams are almost the same exact team this year, except Missouri actually wants to get better at offense. W

Nov. 19 @ Tennessee: Missouri had Tennessee's number until last year, they will give Tennessee's offense a hard time but I can't see Missouri having any offensive success themselves in this one. L

Nov. 26 Arkansas: Missouri's offense gets dominated in this game and they lose a low scoring affair. L