• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blended family... Android and Iphone

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically my entire family has android, but my daughter had to have an Iphone. She has the SE, we all have Samsung Galaxy something or other...

She is going to college in the fall, and the college is located in the middle of the woods, with no decent service from any carrier. Someone on the FB parents group for this college remarked that once logged onto the school's WIFI that facetime works fine.

My question is, being that Facetime is proprietary to Apple, wouldn't Skype or FB messenger do the same thing and be available across platforms?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically my entire family has android, but my daughter had to have an Iphone. She has the SE, we all have Samsung Galaxy something or other...

She is going to college in the fall, and the college is located in the middle of the woods, with no decent service from any carrier. Someone on the FB parents group for this college remarked that once logged onto the school's WIFI that facetime works fine.

My question is, being that Facetime is proprietary to Apple, wouldn't Skype or FB messenger do the same thing and be available across platforms?
There is a Google app for doing the same thing and it should be available for both iOS and Android. I think it's called Duo. You can also "facetime" with the Facebook Messenger which is also available for both.