• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Black Panther (2018)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boring.

Just like all the other superhero movies... the political messaging got pretty old... we get it, BLACK PEOPLE WOOOOO!!!! OMGF BLACK PEOPLE, THESE PEOPLE RULE! Utopia doesn't exist.. and shunning other cultures doesn't work well for the 'people'. The political messaging was littered all over this film, so I'm going to bash it because of that. And, the CGI was noticeably bad. I mean we're talking worse than SW EP 1 bad.

I mean let's face it, Disney KNEW they could cash in big time on a superhero movie with some black dude and focusing around black people. The movie itself (race aside) was the same old bleh meh bullshit.

5/10 IMDB. I almost fell asleep during the movie. And before somebody (because it's the Internet) calls me racist, I fell asleep during Iron Man 3 which apparently is white power. I haven't seen a Marvel movies in years (in the theater) because they're all just the same boring stupid ass movie.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boring.

Just like all the other superhero movies... the political messaging got pretty old... we get it, BLACK PEOPLE WOOOOO!!!! OMGF BLACK PEOPLE, THESE PEOPLE RULE! Utopia doesn't exist.. and shunning other cultures doesn't work well for the 'people'. The political messaging was littered all over this film, so I'm going to bash it because of that. And, the CGI was noticeably bad. I mean we're talking worse than SW EP 1 bad.

I mean let's face it, Disney KNEW they could cash in big time on a superhero movie with some black dude and focusing around black people. The movie itself (race aside) was the same old bleh meh bullshit.

5/10 IMDB. I almost fell asleep during the movie. And before somebody (because it's the Internet) calls me racist, I fell asleep during Iron Man 3 which apparently is white power. I haven't seen a Marvel movies in years (in the theater) because they're all just the same boring stupid ass movie.

If someone calls you racist, go ahead and blame the internet.

However, who to blame if someone calls you ignorant? Just asking, sir.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone calls you racist, go ahead and blame the internet.

However, who to blame if someone calls you ignorant? Just asking, sir.

You. We're blaming you, Chef.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got around to seeing this. Really good movie which is par for the course when it comes to first MCU introductions. Great acting, great visuals, interesting characters with complex motivations and values. I liked the commentary on tribalism and inequality and the general need for Democracy. Black Panther had the typical power fantasy stuff and lots of strong female characters. Killmonger really stands out for his complete lack of depth as a human being. Almost cringeworthy to hear his lines. He works perfectly as a villain and his rise to the top really shows the limits of the warrior mentality both in Wakanda and America. Strength should come from more than just the ability to fight to the death in 2018.

My issues with the movie:

1) Black Panther died. Like d-e-a-d. I don't care what kind of vibrabium or special sand you have or what kind of Maximum Effort! Black Panther put into his fall.

2). The final Killmonger fight sucked. It looked like it came out of CG Hell from 10+ years ago with all of the mistakes hero movies made before MCU perfected everything. My PS4 cutscenes are better and that was supposed to be a climax of sorts.

3) The characters in Black Panther look too old to be using the script they're using. Its a very Young Adult plotline and really reinforces the permanent adolescence that seem to be Millennials defining characteristic. If 'family' and the 'tribe' is so important then where are everyone's kids?

I'd give it a B+. Kind of typical of the better Marvel movies, imo.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got around to seeing this. Really good movie which is par for the course when it comes to first MCU introductions. Great acting, great visuals, interesting characters with complex motivations and values. I liked the commentary on tribalism and inequality and the general need for Democracy. Black Panther had the typical power fantasy stuff and lots of strong female characters. Killmonger really stands out for his complete lack of depth as a human being. Almost cringeworthy to hear his lines. He works perfectly as a villain and his rise to the top really shows the limits of the warrior mentality both in Wakanda and America. Strength should come from more than just the ability to fight to the death in 2018.

My issues with the movie:

1) Black Panther died. Like d-e-a-d. I don't care what kind of vibrabium or special sand you have or what kind of Maximum Effort! Black Panther put into his fall.

2). The final Killmonger fight sucked. It looked like it came out of CG Hell from 10+ years ago with all of the mistakes hero movies made before MCU perfected everything. My PS4 cutscenes are better and that was supposed to be a climax of sorts.

3) The characters in Black Panther look too old to be using the script they're using. Its a very Young Adult plotline and really reinforces the permanent adolescence that seem to be Millennials defining characteristic. If 'family' and the 'tribe' is so important then where are everyone's kids?

I'd give it a B+. Kind of typical of the better Marvel movies, imo.

Interesting.

I’ve been told multiple times kilmonger steals the show and is far more likeable than Bp.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

I’ve been told multiple times kilmonger steals the show and is far more likeable than Bp.
He says things like 'Sup' and 'I'm really feelin' this' as key lines.

Its not bad acting. Its not an unbelievable character. Its a sociopath Navy Seal somehow landing the one gig that allows his to rule the world. Its a legitimate villain but everyone else is doing Shakespeare and he is a broken army guy from the hood that never had a chance. Its a clash that works.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you had a young Denzel Washington and put him in the role of Killmonger then he would've completely taken over the movie.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killmonger was upset that blacks don't have a chance yet he was from the hood, went to Annapolis, navy seal, then went to MIT. Seems pretty successful to me.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killmonger was upset that blacks don't have a chance yet he was from the hood, went to Annapolis, navy seal, then went to MIT. Seems pretty successful to me.
he was motivated by revenge.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was motivated by revenge.
This is true but he is no Count of Monte Cristo and he isn't Russell Crowe's character in Gladiator. He has the scene with his father and then pretty much every action after that shows that he is completely crazy and just mad at the world.

A perfect villain for 2018, tbh.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true but he is no Count of Monte Cristo and he isn't Russell Crowe's character in Gladiator. He has the scene with his father and then pretty much every action after that shows that he is completely crazy and just mad at the world.

I. Love. The Count of Monte Cristo.

For some reason it's one of the few movies that it doesn't bother me that it's not like the book.

Maybe because the story is that good, that you can butcher it and still create something awesome.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, he is totally nuts. I think he has easily been one of the best villains in the Marvel cinematic universe so far. He was just solid and felt real. He was even given a chance to be healed after T'Challa killed him. He could have become a huge piece for Wakanda had he decided to accept the offer. That would have been interesting.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boring.

I haven't seen a Marvel movies in years (in the theater) because they're all just the same boring stupid ass movie.

I didn't see BP but Infinity War was awesome.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a good Marvel movie. It does feel a little weird seeing it instead of something like "If Beale Street Could Talk" on the Best Picture line. Only four years after Birdman, too

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughable.

It’s a mediocre marvel movie

It's a good movie, but if we go by actual quality, Avengers: Infinity War was better just this year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was nominated, but Dark Knight was not?

This was nominated, but Split was not?

This was nominated, but Superman was not?

O...k...