• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Black Panther (2018)

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw it last night... i didn't catch any cheap shots at trump.... there was some Politics in it, but it is the same Politics that you would expect...

I will admit, i dont know Black panther too much from the comics, really only from the cartoons that he made appearances in... I didn't feel like anything was too out of character... not anymore than the liabilities made in EVERY OTHER superhero movie...

Again, i know you are a superhero geek, just like me... i think you should just see it, dont let politics get in the way of your entertainment

I’m cool with some modernization as long as it makes sense and actually fits the character.

Because obviously you can’t have Cap in the 1930s forever. Or the ways you have to hide he a rocket ship gets past nasa security have to be updated. Not making BP a nationalist isolationist who is basically misanthropic to non-wakandans is very off base. And frankly it’s what makes him most interesting IMO.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m cool with some modernization as long as it makes sense and actually fits the character.

Because obviously you can’t have Cap in the 1930s forever. Or the ways you have to hide he a rocket ship gets past nasa security have to be updated. Not making BP a nationalist isolationist who is basically misanthropic to non-wakandans is very off base. And frankly it’s what makes him most interesting IMO.

dont have opinions about it until you see it... I felt his "share the wealth" change felt very natural... and dont forget, BP is an avenger in the comics(even if part time), and the MCU wants him to be one of the centers of the NEW avengers... You have to allow them to open the door for this...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for the record, i enjoyed the movie a lot... thought it was well done...

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think MCU is in pretty good hands once Evans, ScarJo, Downey Jr, Renner, Ruffalo all leave

Black Panther has some similarities to Iron Man 1

Black Panther, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, the Guardians, Ant-Man, pretty solid Avengers group for Phase 4.........Thor probably sticks around long enough to help bridge the gap and also due to just how well Ragnarok was received

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it yesterday.
The story and background were excellent.
Acting and character depth were excellent.
Thought they could have used a little less CGI, but entertaining nonetheless.
Not top 3 for me, but well done.

BigDGarciaFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still declared it.....
tenor.gif

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good movie, wasn't fond of the subtle hints of racism, but it is what it is.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love black panther because he hates everyone.

When you take that away to take an unnecessary cheap shot at trump, it’s just lame. And as accurate as giving daredevil sight
Lol cheap shot at Trump, the king of "cheap shots"

Find something else to be offended about, snowflake

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol cheap shot at Trump, the king of "cheap shots"

Find something else to be offended about, snowflake

Look who’s talking snowflake.

You’re the one getting angry and personal.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys.

I understand this movie is political (I have not seen it yet), but let’s keep the political venom out of this thread, please.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys.

I understand this movie is political (I have not seen it yet), but let’s keep the political venom out of this thread, please.

That’s 100% on Ill

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good movie, wasn't fond of the subtle hints of racism, but it is what it is.

It kinda had to. That’s who the wakandans are.

They saw what happened to the rest of Africa when invaded by white euros.

It’s really no different than China’s isolationist history thanks to dudes like ghengois khan rolling around d Asia chopping peoples heads off.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good movie, particularly for a stand-alone super hero movie. Visually, it was very pretty—costumes, sets and CGI, etc. They developed the characters well—good story and backgrounds. I particularly liked the background on Jordan’s bad guy character, as his motivations, methods and goals all make sense for him.

There wasn’t some over the top effort to throw in references/appearances by other super heros, but there was the one quick reference that perfectly fit the situation.

Having said all that, it isn’t the kind of movie I’d watch twice. That’s why I don’t think it’s as good as Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Deadpool or AntMan.

Reactions: ill

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Worth going to see on the big screen once. I actually caught myself turning my head to get a better look at the landscape and city shots peppered throughout. Visually, extremely striking, and the car chase in the middle of the film is as good as you will ever see.

If I had to knit pick, I found the Black Panther himself to be the least interesting character in the movie. Both the villians were great. One in a Heath Ledger's Joker kind of way (fucking nuts and loving every minute of it) and the other in having a sympathetic backstory and his goals making some sense. He isn't just evil for evil's sake nor is he just out to accumulate power.

Good movie. Probably not good enough to go a second time (like I did for Deadpool), but I certainly felt I got my money's worth.

Reactions: ill

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it tonight. Very solid. And it wasn’t stupid humor all the way through like GotG and Thor. I hope Marvel takes note that serious can be good and entertaining as well.

That said...

Ironman was BASICALLY the good guy fighting someone with his exact powers.

Thor was BASICALLY the good guy fighting someone with his exact powers.

Antman was BASICALLY the good guy fighting someone with his exact powers.

Hulk was BASICALLY the good guy fighting someone with his exact powers.

Black Panther was BASICALLY the good guy fighting someone with his exact powers.

Maybe it is time to find a new origin story?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it tonight. Very solid. And it wasn’t stupid humor all the way through like GotG and Thor. I hope Marvel takes note that serious can be good and entertaining as well.

That said...

Ironman was BASICALLY the good guy fighting someone with his exact powers.

Thor was BASICALLY the good guy fighting someone with his exact powers.

Antman was BASICALLY the good guy fighting someone with his exact powers.

Hulk was BASICALLY the good guy fighting someone with his exact powers.

Black Panther was BASICALLY the good guy fighting someone with his exact powers.

Maybe it is time to find a new origin story?

That’s staying true to form for marvel.

Only venom wasn’t an original.

I blame general zod for all this. Lol