• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BK leaving for the SEC?

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame Fighting Irish on 247Sports reported late last night that BK is one of the 3-4 candidates for the LSU job. Apparently Jimbo Fisher was the #1 choice, but he has stated that the is not leaving FSU. According to the Advocate newspaper, Tom Herman, Ed Orgeron and Brian Kelly are the top candidates for the job. According to Ross Dellenger (the author of the article), "Kelly would entertain the phone call and could ultimately wind up being the choice."

Anyone else interested in a Kelly for Miles swap?

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame Fighting Irish on 247Sports reported late last night that BK is one of the 3-4 candidates for the LSU job. Apparently Jimbo Fisher was the #1 choice, but he has stated that the is not leaving FSU. According to the Advocate newspaper, Tom Herman, Ed Orgeron and Brian Kelly are the top candidates for the job. According to Ross Dellenger (the author of the article), "Kelly would entertain the phone call and could ultimately wind up being the choice."

Oh I hope so...

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about a swap but if they want him they can have him. I wouldn't mind Miles. Honestly I think Charlie Strong would thrive at ND. He's been there before and I think he had to overcome way too much complacency at TX. Look at his first two seasons and how many kids got tossed. He wouldn't have that problem at ND.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about a swap but if they want him they can have him. I wouldn't mind Miles. Honestly I think Charlie Strong would thrive at ND. He's been there before and I think he had to overcome way too much complacency at TX. Look at his first two seasons and how many kids got tossed. He wouldn't have that problem at ND.
I'd take Miles or Strong. Or a ham sandwich.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kelly leaves ND, has there been any talk about who might step in?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kelly leaves ND, has there been any talk about who might step in?
Same speculation as everywhere else. Same set of "wish list" guys, but nobody knows anything for certain.

Hell, its not even a given that Kelly is gone next year unless he leaves on his own. The AD has said he'll be back.

aNDy Callahan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kelly has feelers out, he's done. They should fire his ass just for that. It tells me he has been allocating time to job hunting rather than coaching. His heart is not in Notre Dame so get rid of him.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kelly has feelers out, he's done. They should fire his ass just for that. It tells me he has been allocating time to job hunting rather than coaching. His heart is not in Notre Dame so get rid of him.
Hey, if he can spare us his buyout, let him. That's just more money in the bank to go out and hit a home run hire, assuming there's enough smarts in the room to make a home run hire.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Miles or Strong. Or a ham sandwich.
No on both. Miles struggled in the SEC were u can recruit anyone and Strong has been one of the biggest disappointments. Kelyl is better then Strong by a lot. Miles I think wouldnt be able to recruit at ND.

Pass on both. I would take the HC from Houston. He is an up and coming HC. I wouldnt Mind Defensive mind HC with Sanford staying on as OC.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No on both. Miles struggled in the SEC were u can recruit anyone and Strong has been one of the biggest disappointments. Kelyl is better then Strong by a lot. Miles I think wouldnt be able to recruit at ND.

Pass on both. I would take the HC from Houston. He is an up and coming HC. I wouldnt Mind Defensive mind HC with Sanford staying on as OC.

The HC from Houston is likely going to be the next Texas coach.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what kind of coach you could get at Notre Dame they aren't the elite of the elite anymore just a good program with a lot of tradition. I think you might be able to get a guy like the Western Michigan HC or maybe the guy at Wyoming who use to coach at North Dakota State.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some options would
Chris Peterson would be a nice get. Doing a great job at Washington.
Tom Clements- ND Alum. GB AHC right now. Rodgers has stated a lot how much Clement has helped him.
Larry Fedora- UNC HC. Positives he coaches in the ACC.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love Herman too, but I'm not sure that I see him coming to ND. He is THE name on every big program's list. I've heard Texas, Texas A&M (who still has a coach), LSU, USC (who also still has a coach), Baylor and a few others. He's the guy EVERYBODY wants. By numbers alone I'm not sure that we stand a great shot with him. My thought was that Miles is originally a midwest guy and Strong has some ND ties in the past. Both of those guys have more "swagger" than BK. I realize that it takes more than swagger to win, but having to recruit the midwest and nationally against Meyer and Harbaugh (in neighboring states) is tough enough when you're winning. After going 3-8 it's gonna be really tough. Those two (Miles and Strong) are defensive minded coaches which is what I think ND needs. Look what many of the major programs today have done with controlling the line of scrimmage, a stout defense, a running game and a serviceable passing game. I'd like to see ND get back to that. I get it that Miles couldn't win against Saban/Bama, but who can? I think he had a 70 something winning % at LSU. What SEC coaches can claim that over the last 10 years?

GO IRISH!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Herman is unrealistic but I guess you never know. Kelly has done the worst job of his career this year and it seems like the message just isn't getting through to the players. Also I'm not sure why Petersen would leave Washington for Notre Dame at the moment.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Herman is unrealistic but I guess you never know. Kelly has done the worst job of his career this year and it seems like the message just isn't getting through to the players. Also I'm not sure why Petersen would leave Washington for Notre Dame at the moment.
Every thing I have heard about Pederson is he doesn't want to leave the west coast.

Herman is the hot name but he strikes me as the"hot name" the way Kelly was in 2009.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry to jump in here, but what exactly has Brian Kelly done? I just don't understand the love for this guy? He has the talent at ND and can't get to that next level. He will have plenty at LSU, but I would think BK would not be on top of their list? Just my opinion.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to jump in here, but what exactly has Brian Kelly done? I just don't understand the love for this guy? He has the talent at ND and can't get to that next level. He will have plenty at LSU, but I would think BK would not be on top of their list? Just my opinion.
We know he hasn't accomplished much. We would just love to see him go.