• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bishop gone

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This line cracked me up from the link:

Bishop was a surprise acquisition by the Kings at the trade deadline from the Tampa Bay Lightning, in the sense that goaltending wasn’t their primary issue and they had a goalie signed through 2023 who was returning from injury. But hey, we’re sure whoever made that trade is still gainfully employed.

So the Kings give up Cernak, a 2017 7th round pick, a conditional 2017 pick (that would have been a 2nd round pick under extraordinary conditions) and Budaj for Bishop and a 2017 5th round pick.

I don't think the Conditional Pick will apply, whatever it was so the Kings actually moved up a little in the draft as a net result of the trade. Eric Cernak's stock dropped dramatically the last two seasons even for a 2nd round draft pick so the jury is out on him but so far it looks like it was a low risk/low reward move that played out exactly as that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I guess LA was pretty sure Vegas wasn't going to take Bishop.

From a Dallas perspective, I sort of get it (they think their goaltending is awful) and I also really don't get this move (they have 2 goalies signed fot at least $4mil/year each already). Their issues are largely because they have too many top forwards/no real defenders. Also Jamie Benn getting paid top money next year, which hadn't been the case until now. So even if they sign Bishop, that's 3 goalies. Dallas was looking loaded on paper a few years ago, but now they're going to be making decisions.

Seriously though, Imagine if they sign Bishop. 3 goalies making at least $4mil/year.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Interesting. I guess LA was pretty sure Vegas wasn't going to take Bishop.

From a Dallas perspective, I sort of get it (they think their goaltending is awful) and I also really don't get this move (they have 2 goalies signed fot at least $4mil/year each already). Their issues are largely because they have too many top forwards/no real defenders. Also Jamie Benn getting paid top money next year, which hadn't been the case until now. So even if they sign Bishop, that's 3 goalies. Dallas was looking loaded on paper a few years ago, but now they're going to be making decisions.

Seriously though, Imagine if they sign Bishop. 3 goalies making at least $4mil/year.
Wouldn't they expose 1 goalie?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they will. Wouldn't be surprised if they work on a wink wink nudge nudge deal in place to take one of the goalies but that also depends on who else is exposed.

Reminds me of when Detroit had CuJo, Hasek and Osgood all on the roster making $17 million total.