• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bills at Bengals

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As much as I desire change at the HC position, I still derive joy from watching our Bengals win.

I'm flummoxed and vexed.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Pittsburgh lost too!

KC beats Pitt next week, we're on a bye.
then we can write our own destiny @ PITT the following week, we'll be in first place

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dream season is still going!!

This is a horribly flawed team with a few amazing players. Say what you want about Burfict, but he's a beast and he changes our defense. And, while AJ has a few of these moments/games, he's pretty damn good. I still think Mixon is going to do some stuff.

But that line..... My god..... Dalton isn't even looking down field anymore - He's just waiting for the first guy to break the pocket and then running for his life. And they can't run block for shit.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Marvin is stupid. Gio is just wasting away on the sidelines. Trade him for o linemen

Gio is not exactly wasting away. He got 22 snaps. Mixon had 36, and honestly, that is the way it should go. Hill got just 11.

Also, trades very rarely happen in the NFL for a reason. It has big ramifications on the cap. Plus, I like Gio, but you are not going to get a big time upgrade at OL. RB's are a dime a dozen, and really good OL can be hard to find. I don't think you are going to find a team willing to do that trade without a good draft pick attached, and that's not happening.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dream season is still going!!

This is a horribly flawed team with a few amazing players. Say what you want about Burfict, but he's a beast and he changes our defense. And, while AJ has a few of these moments/games, he's pretty damn good. I still think Mixon is going to do some stuff.

But that line..... My god..... Dalton isn't even looking down field anymore - He's just waiting for the first guy to break the pocket and then running for his life. And they can't run block for shit.

Last 2 weeks, Dalton 3rd in NFL in YPA, with 9.3 and 4th best at deep passing rating, both per PFF. I don't see a lot of short passes going for longer yards....I've seen some good middle-deep passes to Kroft and Green, and of course, Dalton landed that pass for Green pretty nicely.

Also, per PFF...Fisher 0 pressures allowed on Sunday. Ced 1 QB hit on 28 pass snaps, and Smith with 2 QB hurries on 28 pass snaps.

Not bad all things considering, and especially since that defense is pretty good. The OL has had really bad moments, but they have not been tragically bad, at least lately, in the passing game.

They do need to get the running game going, though. That is an issue.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 2 weeks, Dalton 3rd in NFL in YPA, with 9.3 and 4th best at deep passing rating, both per PFF. I don't see a lot of short passes going for longer yards....I've seen some good middle-deep passes to Kroft and Green, and of course, Dalton landed that pass for Green pretty nicely.

Also, per PFF...Fisher 0 pressures allowed on Sunday. Ced 1 QB hit on 28 pass snaps, and Smith with 2 QB hurries on 28 pass snaps.

Not bad all things considering, and especially since that defense is pretty good. The OL has had really bad moments, but they have not been tragically bad, at least lately, in the passing game.

They do need to get the running game going, though. That is an issue.

The Gio catch and run against Cleveland was a long pass play that was basically a screen pass. The AJ bomb yesterday was awful coverage.

Andy has been fine. I actually think he's doing really well considering. I'd love to see what his passer rating is on third and 5 or more for the season. It just seems to me that he is getting pressure from odd places - Several times yesterday it came right up the middle on him.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gio catch and run against Cleveland was a long pass play that was basically a screen pass. The AJ bomb yesterday was awful coverage.

Andy has been fine. I actually think he's doing really well considering. I'd love to see what his passer rating is on third and 5 or more for the season. It just seems to me that he is getting pressure from odd places - Several times yesterday it came right up the middle on him.

Fair enough on the Gio play. It was a great play, and it happened to be the right play at just the right time. Caught them in almost an all-out blitz, and left no one back in the secondary.

Dalton has been much better starting in the GB game. Didn't see much of the game yesterday, but considering he threw two catchable balls to AJ, and they both ended up as INT's, and it didn't affect him is a nice step. The last drive, he was pretty much money when they had to have it.

Kroft on 3rd down has been HUGE the past 2 weeks. He's no Eifert, but he at least can stay on the field.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough on the Gio play. It was a great play, and it happened to be the right play at just the right time. Caught them in almost an all-out blitz, and left no one back in the secondary.

Dalton has been much better starting in the GB game. Didn't see much of the game yesterday, but considering he threw two catchable balls to AJ, and they both ended up as INT's, and it didn't affect him is a nice step. The last drive, he was pretty much money when they had to have it.

Kroft on 3rd down has been HUGE the past 2 weeks. He's no Eifert, but he at least can stay on the field.

The playcalling on the lat drive was excellent IMO..... Very effective use of play action and Andy was able to get rid of the ball to his first read each time. Nice to see LaFell finally in on some of the action.