• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest Mistake the WWE has ever made "Burying"

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck is an internet fan??? I watch like 10 or 15 hours of wrestling per week.
someone who watches wrestling and constantly complains online and thinks they could do a better job booking than professional writers.

Also someone who thinks that every superstar should be champion and anyone who isn't is "buried"

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare WWE put a guy on live TV each week and pay him six figures. The nerve!
Unlike WCW who paid guys 6 figures to sit at home (Lanny Puffo).

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised, the only thing that really got him over was when he just running around mimicking The Miz

Hes doing a Liberace gimmick now. Its as horrid as u can imagine.

Reactions: TJL

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone who watches wrestling and constantly complains online and thinks they could do a better job booking than professional writers.

Also someone who thinks that every superstar should be champion and anyone who isn't is "buried"
Wyatt isn't buried cause he's not champ, he's buried cause WWE had the chance to build him into a monster heel and blew it. They still could though cause he's still way over.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike WCW who paid guys 6 figures to sit at home (Lanny Puffo).

I just cringe at guys like Cryback and Cody Rhodes who cry and moan about their spot when 12,000 Indy guys would kill for their job in WWE.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes doing a Liberace gimmick now. Its as horrid as u can imagine.
I read that WWE turned down that gimmick numerous times. Now we know why! Didn't TNA do that same gimmick before calling it 'The Maestro' or something like that?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I go to every event in Tampa or Orlando, including last years Rumble and going to WM this year and have watched for quite a while.

You're just like most internet fans, this is why I don't go into wrestling forums often, you guys can never be satisfied.

does Kissimmee still have the Tupperware arena? I watched the honky tonk man there once.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimate Warrior burying Triple H.

You could say the UW DVD where anyone and everyone did their best to bury him. Then of course they put him in the HOF anyways and kissed his ass before he died.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They've mismanaged and poorly booked the entire roster since WM XXX except Cena and Styles (since he joined)
Cesaro's the most obvious example. He should be this era' s Chris Benoit as an upper card in ring talent.
Generally speaking it's gotten much better on Smackdown since the brandsplit.

I'm not sure of his health but I think Wade Barrett could thrive on SD if they re-signed him.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've mismanaged and poorly booked the entire roster since WM XXX except Cena and Styles (since he joined)
Cesaro's the most obvious example. He should be this era' s Chris Benoit as an upper card in ring talent.
Generally speaking it's gotten much better on Smackdown since the brandsplit.

I'm not sure of his health but I think Wade Barrett could thrive on SD if they re-signed him.

Cesaro was at his very best in CHIKARA during 2010-2011 right before going to WWE. He was the leader of the BDK. One of the best booked years of any fed ever.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolph Ziggler. Ceasaro. Your moms ass.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ thinking just anyone could be on the level of the Undertaker.

Wyatt hasn't been buried whatsoever, this is exactly why the term buried means absolutely nothing now, because people use it to describe dudes that are constantly in matches on ppv and in title pictures, he was just fucking tag team champ with Randy orton weeks ago.

Wyatt just got here and he was given this kevin owens treatment and I think there is plenty more to come. The change to Bo Dallas and rumors that Wyatts sister is coming, might actually have a sister abigail, real or not related and an actual wyatt family. Imagine bringing your entire family into the company. Cannot consider that buried.

WWE's problem is the fear of the competition. Wrestling was never better recently than the monday night wars. I mean best ever was when the road warriors were dominating AWA then NWA, they were a joke in WWE, but if this new TNA canadian fight club ownership can raise the level, it might get a shot at being great again.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wyatt just got here and he was given this kevin owens treatment and I think there is plenty more to come. The change to Bo Dallas and rumors that Wyatts sister is coming, might actually have a sister abigail, real or not related and an actual wyatt family. Imagine bringing your entire family into the company. Cannot consider that buried.

WWE's problem is the fear of the competition. Wrestling was never better recently than the monday night wars. I mean best ever was when the road warriors were dominating AWA then NWA, they were a joke in WWE, but if this new TNA canadian fight club ownership can raise the level, it might get a shot at being great again.
WWE has done a much better job of booking Wyatt and the family since the brand split!

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just cringe at guys like Cryback and Cody Rhodes who cry and moan about their spot when 12,000 Indy guys would kill for their job in WWE.

Ryback didn't have the skills to be higher up in the card (couldn't have a good match, nothing special on the mic), but Cody deserved better than the Stardust gimmick. Remember, the guy was a pretty good IC champ a few years ago and at the minimum could've been a good upper midcard guy competing with the likes of Ziggler, Ambrose, etc.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryback didn't have the skills to be higher up in the card (couldn't have a good match, nothing special on the mic), but Cody deserved better than the Stardust gimmick. Remember, the guy was a pretty good IC champ a few years ago and at the minimum could've been a good upper midcard guy competing with the likes of Ziggler, Ambrose, etc.
I thought Cody was the one that pushed for the Stardust gimmick, but when his dad passed away, he wanted to go back to using Rhodes, but creative wouldn't let him?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought Cody was the one that pushed for the Stardust gimmick, but when his dad passed away, he wanted to go back to using Rhodes, but creative wouldn't let him?
My understanding is that Cody initially wanted the Stardust gimmick. When his dad passed away the WWE wanted him to go back to Cody but he declined and said he wanted to see the Stardust gimmick through. Months later he changed his mind but the WWE had moved on weren't interested in a gimmick change or a push at that point. It's WWE rumor mill stuff so I'm not sure if that's what happened but that's what I saw reported somewhere at the time.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE liked the cross promotion with Stephen Amell aka The Green Arrow on the CW too much to stop the Stardust gimmick towards the end. They had him come in and wrestle at SummerSlam that one year and Cody filmed an episode of Arrow where the drug he was pushing was called Stardust(by the time the episode aired Cody was already gone from WWE however). They liked Cody as Stardust and Cody got tired of being Stardust so it didn't work out.