• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big12's best days are ahead

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh....not sure if that is completely accurate.

Actually the current members of the Big XII would have pocketed the same amount as always, due to the existing clause in the TV contracts that guaranteed equal payment in the event of expansion, by adding teams. Those added teams would maybe not make the full amount however...depends on how the contracts were drawn. The networks were hamstrung, that's why all Big XII members enjoyed a little contractual bump FOR NOT expanding.

We all basically got paid more for sitting in the sinking boat until the water gets higher.

Makes OU no diff honestly. We will be fine no matter how the wash comes out. You guise however........

Well lets say "eventually" (next tv contract) we would have all made less money while also pissing off our TV partners. Don't kid yourself, if OU were getting screwed out of a crap ton of money because the conference added schools that we shouldn't then the howling out of Norman would be deafening but, its not, OU's biggest malcontent just turned in his notice. That's another BIG problem (big mouth) that the Big12 wont have to deal with any longer.

Bottom line is this, the TV folks weren't gonna pay us what we wanted for new members or we would have new members right now.

WVU will be fine as well imho.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OU bolts doesn't the state Of Oklahoma require that Okie State goes also?

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets say "eventually" (next tv contract) we would have all made less money while also pissing off our TV partners. Don't kid yourself, if OU were getting screwed out of a crap ton of money because the conference added schools that we shouldn't then the howling out of Norman would be deafening but, its not, OU's biggest malcontent just turned in his notice. That's another BIG problem (big mouth) that the Big12 wont have to deal with any longer.

Bottom line is this, the TV folks weren't gonna pay us what we wanted for new members or we would have new members right now.

WVU will be fine as well imho.
There is no Big XII after the contract/GOR is up. Don't kid yourself. Well, there's no Big XII with OU as a participating member. I can say that with 100% certainty.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no Big XII after the contract/GOR is up. Don't kid yourself. Well, there's no Big XII with OU as a participating member. I can say that with 100% certainty.

No you can't. You can want that all ya want but you have no way of knowing what will happen by then.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OU bolts doesn't the state Of Oklahoma require that Okie State goes also?
Nope.

They will be ok on their own as they have Fat Pockets Pickens, until the old fart croaks and all his vulture-like offspring start scrambling for the scraps.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC-16

PAC West
Washington
Washington St.
Oregon
Oregon St.
Cal
Stanford
UCLA
USC

PAC East

Arizona
Arizona St.
Utah
Colorado
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
Texas
Texas Tech

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao. The mountaineer knows his team is fucking sunk without the big 12 and doesn't want to accept that they'll be tits up when Oklahoma says fuck y'all in a few years. Oklahoma will do as they please and every one who has leeched off the teet will be left to fend for themselves. Y'all love to piss and moan about Boren but he's been the best thing for okie Jr. He's worked his ass of to get grants and funding and okie Jr just holds their hand out and says, "Us too!!!" Well, y'all all know the gravy train ends when the GOR is up, and fuck every one of you.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know many things that I didn't/couldn't divulge and have put forth many things here and on ESPN boards that weren't public knowledge. Professional connections, HIPAA, and confidentiality agreements are a bitch but necessary and I won't put my professional life on the line for a bunch of yayhoos on some rando message board...I have nothing to prove and don't need your admiration (I've partied with Jesco White).

I know things.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea of who I am, who I know or what I know. Know that.
Is that you Billy Jack?

billy-jack-in-action-kick-in-the-face.gif

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way OU joins the Pac not goina happen
OU called the PAC in 2011 and asked to join that conference. OU said Okie Lite had to come with and the PAC said OK but that Texas has to be part of the deal. Texas said Texas Tech has to come with them and the PAC said OK ... it's a deal as long as Bevo shares the LHN proceeds with the rest of the conference. Texas said no way and that was the end of that. Google is your friend.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ship sailed long ago, the University of Oklahoma will never be in the PAC after Scott blew his wad. Dream on.
Oklahoma is in a fly over state. They'd jump at joining the PAC.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU and Lite to B1G west, move Illinois to the East and bam balanced Divisions and nebraska ou get to play every year again!!