• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big12 to David Boren:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping they were coming last time. Its A perfect fit imo. And i would love to see A rivalry form with the tradition and success of the USC and Oklahoma programs. Its good for the game imo. And I agree rrso doesn't get cut off regardless. Texas would be losing A lot if they dropped it. It carries on as an out of conference rivalry no different than USD/Notre Dame if Oklahoma shifts conferences

OU loses everything if the rivalry ends; Texas loses out on a historical rivalry, but that's about it. OU's recruiting pretty much dies in the state of Texas, along with the revenue both schools generate and split every year if it ends. As an alum, I would be devastated if the rivalry ended. More than I was when Aggy left.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU loses everything if the rivalry ends; Texas loses out on a historical rivalry, but that's about it. OU's recruiting pretty much dies in the state of Texas, along with the revenue both schools generate and split every year if it ends. As an alum, I would be devastated if the rivalry ended. More than I was when Aggy left.
Even as an SC fan I would hate to see that rivalry go. Texas Oklahoma is one of the greats. It would hurt college football imo

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see it ever really going away.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see it ever really going away.

What happens if OU rolls outta the conference to let's say the sec. Think Texas continues the rivalry or does it die with realignment?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if OU rolls outta the conference to let's say the sec. Think Texas continues the rivalry or does it die with realignment?

If Oklahoma goes to the SEC without Texas, we won't need Texas anymore.
There are so many potential replacements for that game.

Could play LSU or Alabama in the Cotton Bowl, or play atm on Thanksgiving Day.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OU would be in the west I would assume so then they got:

Alabama
Auburn
A&M
Arkansas
LSU
Miss State
Ole Miss

Then prob cross division games as the conference prob starts playing 9 conference games.

I would also assume that the Oklahoma law makers would push for a mandatory game with OSU because they didn't go to the SEC with OU cause SEC don't do two in one state (at least that's the thinking by most) when it comes to new members.

Not sure that there would be room for Texas after you add a tomato can or two. Its all hypothetical of course but..

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU would be in the west I would assume so then they got:

Alabama
Auburn
A&M
Arkansas
LSU
Miss State
Ole Miss

Then prob cross division games as the conference prob starts playing 9 conference games.

I would also assume that the Oklahoma law makers would push for a mandatory game with OSU because they didn't go to the SEC with OU cause SEC don't do two in one state (at least that's the thinking by most) when it comes to new members.

Not sure that there would be room for Texas after you add a tomato can or two. Its all hypothetical of course but..

If Oklahoma goes to the SEC I'd bet bama moves to the east.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bite your damn tongue. I grew up in the 60s, became a man in 70s. Losing the Nebraska game was bad enough. Hell, if OU and Texas quit playing each other I'd almost quit watching OU footall. The best thing in life is watching OU beat Texas...we should be playing Nebraska every year OOC just to watch the Huskers cry in their beers...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Total and complete bullshit. OU could move to the SEC and leave Texas in the rear view (which they basically have done anyway) without blinking an eye. Texas is totally and completely irrelevant.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No decoding necessary.
The Big XII got paid to stay at 10 teams.
The Big XII got paid for a Championship Game.

Why wouldn't everyone be happy now.
Thanks David Boren.

Oh, and it will be standard fare to say everything is fine now with those deals in place.
They showed us the money and we shut up.

The End.

Yep,
I believe him when he says expansion is dead but my tin foil hat :tinfoil3: noticed how he didn't mention a merger with one or both of the have not's (ACC/PAC) was off the table.....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately I don't think it ever will. It's a game several fan bases look forward to every year

Fuck Notre Dame, those bitches need to quit playing any west coast team. They aren't even relevant in football yet dictate the Pac 12 football schedule. Go pound sand Notre Dame, $C and the Nerds could replace them with a FCS school and their SOS wouldn't take a hit.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many potential replacements for that game.

Could play LSU or Alabama in the Cotton Bowl, or play atm on Thanksgiving Day.

I would take OU-Alabama in the Cotton Bowl...would rather see OU-Nebraska on Thanksgiving though...miss that one. The game needs more rivalries, not less.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oklahoma goes to the SEC I'd bet bama moves to the east.

I could see both Alabama teams going East...would solve the problem we have now of Auburn wanting in the East and us wanting to keep Tennessee on the schedule every year. I hate the idea of conference expansion...but I love the idea of Oklahoma in the SEC....Texas can have Missouri back, even swap.