• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big12/ACC and ccg's

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the conference championship games should remain as they are, two divisions, winners of each play. As we all know, there are ups and downs in teams. To let the SEC, especially, put Alabama Vs LSU every year for their "championship" game would be just like the BSC, a farce. I actually believe that the conferences are getting too big, I really like the round robin play, everyone plays everyone else, and the champion is the team with the best record in the league. Nine teams is the magic number, 8 league games, 4 home, 4 away, 4 OOC games. THEN have a REAL playoff, where conference winners compete to claim the national championship.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the round robin too but I understand why the Big12 is shooting for a ccg as is. I'd like to see the NCAA table this until we see just how and what the selection committee is going to use as far as criteria. I really believe they will make every effort to avoid rematches in the post season especially if we are talking same conference.
The ACC comes off as very weak in their push for this imo, umpteen teams and about 4 that have a pulse so they want the option to pair 2 of those 4 to help a potentially awful SOS when being considered for post season play.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swofford is a genius. He knows he has the weakest conference of the Power 5, so his play here may not just be related to the weaker SOS of the IC play, but the fact nobody wants to go to the ACC championship game.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought CCG's were as useless as it gets. I don't think anybody was impressed when the Big 12 South Champ was always beating the North Champ. Plus, I've always hated the rematch aspect b/c you can have a weak champ from the other division get lucky one night and spoil BCS title hopes for the other champ. Yes, if you're a BCS title contender you shouldn't be losing to a weaker champ in your CCG, but teams just get lucky as hell sometime. The only thing I did like about the CCG was it determined one champ. You didn't have co-champs every year the way the Big 10 did. Just my 2 cents......

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya there Texas. Or the way the Big East ended, with a 3 way tie every year.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a CCG, the Big 12 is positioning itself to put 2 teams into the 4 team playoffs. In 2008, the Big 12 had 3 teams with 11-1 records before the CCG. Afterwards it was OU 12-1, UT 11-1 and Tech 11-1. With the current round robin format, it's just a matter of time before the regular season ends and the Big 12 has an undefeated team and a one-loss team.