• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Walt On His Way

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be first ballot without a doubt. Every single analyst and HOF voter that I've seen have said the same thing; Walt is the surest first ballot guy there is this year.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be unanimous, but there's always at least one voter who won't vote for an obvious Hall of Famer because "... if so-and-so didn't get in with a unanimous vote, nobody else should either". Anyone that doesn't vote for him should have his voting privileges revoked.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of all the Seahawks i have seen him play the most so far in person.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of all the Seahawks i have seen him play the most so far in person.

He did start 180 games!

Another crazy amazing thing about Walter is he had a kidney condition that prevented him from taking pain medication. Can you imagine getting knocked around like those guys do, getting your fingers smashed between helmets and whatnot, and NOT TAKING PAIN MEDICATION EVER?!

That man was a machine.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did start 180 games!

Another crazy amazing thing about Walter is he had a kidney condition that prevented him from taking pain medication. Can you imagine getting knocked around like those guys do, getting your fingers smashed between helmets and whatnot, and NOT TAKING PAIN MEDICATION EVER?!

That man was a machine.

Good lord, I didn't know that. He is, in my opinion, the most dominant Seahawk of all time. Thank you Walter Jones for all the memories. 2005 was a year I'll never forget. :clap:

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord, I didn't know that. He is, in my opinion, the most dominant Seahawk of all time. Thank you Walter Jones for all the memories. 2005 was a year I'll never forget. :clap:

"Last season, Jones played through constant injury. He cackles again when asked for details: ankles, shoulders, toes, everything hurt — "Last year took a toll on me," he says. Teammates say they can tell when Jones is hurting, because he's laughing on the field, holding high a broken finger or icing a mangled ankle.
That pain threshold is all the more remarkable considering Jones can't take anything stronger than Tylenol, no prescription pain medication or anti-inflammatories, because of a kidney condition doctors discovered during his rookie season. Jones' kidneys filter slower than normal, so "I just have to take Tylenol and deal with it."

Seahawks | Walter Jones: The greatest Seahawk ever | Seattle Times Newspaper

That is one tough hombre. It was an honor to watch that man play football.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Last season, Jones played through constant injury. He cackles again when asked for details: ankles, shoulders, toes, everything hurt — "Last year took a toll on me," he says. Teammates say they can tell when Jones is hurting, because he's laughing on the field, holding high a broken finger or icing a mangled ankle.
That pain threshold is all the more remarkable considering Jones can't take anything stronger than Tylenol, no prescription pain medication or anti-inflammatories, because of a kidney condition doctors discovered during his rookie season. Jones' kidneys filter slower than normal, so "I just have to take Tylenol and deal with it."

Seahawks | Walter Jones: The greatest Seahawk ever | Seattle Times Newspaper

That is one tough hombre. It was an honor to watch that man play football.

That's one hell of a high pain tolerance.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's getting in for sure. I cant remember exactly, but I thought I read or heard on a program that he was only flagged 9 times for holding in his entire career.
eek7.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is arguably one of the top OTs to ever play the game. I'd easily put him top 5 all time (Munoz, Ogden, Jones, Roaf, Pace, among others).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If he played longer I'm sure Tony Boseli's name would be near if not at the top of that list. He was about as dominant a LT as I ever saw. He's the Bo Jackson of LTs.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure on the stat, but didn't big Walt go 3 or more years without giving up a sack? It'll be awesome to see him standing on that stage one day in Canton.