• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Ten moves to 20 game conference schedule

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally don't like this rule. I understand why it's being done, but I love OOC match ups. My guess is that'll shorten the OOC season for the B1G to 10/11 games, which stinks. Mostly because 5 of those games will already be set in stone(early season tournament(3 games), B1G/ACC Challenge, Gavitt Games) and hell for teams like MSU/OSU who have the Champions Classic and CBS Sports Classic that's one less game they have to schedule.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally don't like this rule. I understand why it's being done, but I love OOC match ups. My guess is that'll shorten the OOC season for the B1G to 10/11 games, which stinks. Mostly because 5 of those games will already be set in stone(early season tournament(3 games), B1G/ACC Challenge, Gavitt Games) and hell for teams like MSU/OSU who have the Champions Classic and CBS Sports Classic that's one less game they have to schedule.

Conference realignment sucks and has created this issue. I'd much rather watch Wake/UNC and Duke/NCSU play twice a year than watch them play random Big Ten schools in the ACC/B10 challenge.

I think the ACC/Big Ten challenge has had a long enough shell life and should probably be scrapped for creative reasons. I'm sure it won't though, because money talks.

While there are some good parts of the CBB OOC season, it generally sucks for the most part.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference realignment sucks and has created this issue. I'd much rather watch Wake/UNC and Duke/NCSU play twice a year than watch them play random Big Ten schools in the ACC/B10 challenge.

I think the ACC/Big Ten challenge has had a long enough shell life and should probably be scrapped for creative reasons. I'm sure it won't though, because money talks.

While there are some good parts of the CBB OOC season, it generally sucks for the most part.

Yeah, I would agree that there are a lot of bad games OOC, but some of those bad games on paper turn out to be huge upsets, which I think in general is good for the sport. I agree conference realignment has definitely sucked, trust me, I don't get too hyped to play the Rutgers and Nebraska's of the world, no disrespect to those programs. Even a program like Penn State has never felt like a true member in basketball. It does suck we only play Wisconsin once next year, which from a bball perspective is our biggest rival, so maybe going to 20 will change that. I've always enjoyed the ACC/B1G Challenge(despite the fact we've never played UNC/Duke), but even that has been watered down because of expansion(I honestly, who cares about Rutgers vs. FSU)?

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would agree that there are a lot of bad games OOC, but some of those bad games on paper turn out to be huge upsets, which I think in general is good for the sport. I agree conference realignment has definitely sucked, trust me, I don't get too hyped to play the Rutgers and Nebraska's of the world, no disrespect to those programs. Even a program like Penn State has never felt like a true member in basketball. It does suck we only play Wisconsin once next year, which from a bball perspective is our biggest rival, so maybe going to 20 will change that. I've always enjoyed the ACC/B1G Challenge(despite the fact we've never played UNC/Duke), but even that has been watered down because of expansion(I honestly, who cares about Rutgers vs. FSU)?

Yeah, but a lot of times those upsets aren't televised games, which sucks. CBB needs to either revamp the OOC schedule, which would be tough to do, or just go to bigger conference schedules. I've said this before, but I'd love it if UNC, Duke, State and Wake got together and played an event in Greensboro, where they would face off with marquee OOC opponents from across the country.

As far as realignment goes, I feel like these super conferences are going to eventually explode. We're still pretty far away from that, though.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to distance themselves from all the cheating ACC and PAC schools with more inter-conference games...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it. I don't think it really impacts OOC as I think you'll just see 2 less scrub games . Should really help RPI wise ( along with other metrics the committee uses )