• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big news: the Broncos just signed...

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...the next Kyle Sloter!

Broncos Home

Camp arm. It would be hilarious if he beats out Lynch for the #3 QB. If we even keep one.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they off Lynch-just because he has started games for us and it would be bad for the cap.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I would like to think Lynch has a future with the team but that hope has everything to do with the team’s well being more so than Lynch’s. I’m indifferent as to who the QB in the long run is as long as he can keep the team contending every year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean I get an extra point in the draft contest?

it won't matter but would have been funny if whoever won (i forgot who won already) oh yeah Mingo ended up losing his winnings because of this. ;) Some year it could happen since Stevens was technically not signed by another team right after the draft, only rookie mini camp tryouts and ended up signing with Denver.

If Stevens were to beat out Lynch unless he looks great, I would think we would keep 2 QB's and put Stevens on the PS as a 3rd QB. We won't keep a total of 4 QB's with 1 of the 4 on the PS. I am assuming Kelly beats them out both of course. :) I think Lynch is gonna stick around on his rookie contract though this year unless he looks horrid in camp, which is very possible.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we don't let Stevens play in pre-season so we can put him on the PS. Sloter played well in pre-season and the Vikings out bid us for his practice squad services.

Just kidding about not letting him play, but hate seeing guys leave when we like them. I would not have been upset if we kept Sloter over Lynch last year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no way we were cutting Lynch after being a first rd pick one year in.

We didn't like Sloter well enough to keep him as a 3rd QB. We weren't that high on him. If we really liked him we'd have kept him or signed him off the Vikings PS when he was signed to their PS before he became their #4 QB and activated due to injuries.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I saw I thought Sloter has more potential then Lynch. I don't really care who was drafted where I want the best players. Not sure anyone can convince me that Lynch was one of the best 53 last year. I know draft status means something to the teams, but I could argue it shouldn't.

If the Broncos like Lynch better then Sloter that is their choice. I thought I heard a rumor that we were one of the teams that tried to sign him to our active roster and that is why Sloter was signed to the Vikings active roster.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloter signed to the active roster because Bradford went down and Bridgewater was still weeks away.

I'm not arguing who is better here. I am telling you why Lynch wasn't going to be cut. Elway loved him enough to spend a first round pick on him the year before, ya really think the guy is going to cut him one year in beings he played the QB position?

Not in a million years barring off field issues!

BHamita15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid signing. I doubt he gets much or any playing time in the pre-season BUT he could be a PS candidate

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...the next Kyle Sloter!

Broncos Home

Camp arm. It would be hilarious if he beats out Lynch for the #3 QB. If we even keep one.

I think you guys roll with 3 QB's. You'll have Case Keenum at the top with Lynch as the backup then a competition between Chad Kelly and Stevens for the #3 job.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys roll with 3 QB's. You'll have Case Keenum at the top with Lynch as the backup then a competition between Chad Kelly and Stevens for the #3 job.

Chad Kelly crushes Lynch in the backup QB competition - take it to the bank.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is not eligible for PS so if he is cut traded need a scout team QB
Nice gig for Stevens

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos were not as high on Sloter as the fans were. In practices he really struggled a lot. They about cut him half way through training camp because he wasn't getting it. Yes in the games he looked decent but there was no way they were going to keep him as anything but a practice squad player.

As for Lynch good chance he makes this roster unless something ridiculous happens. It cost more to cut him than keep him at this point.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos were not as high on Sloter as the fans were. In practices he really struggled a lot. They about cut him half way through training camp because he wasn't getting it. Yes in the games he looked decent but there was no way they were going to keep him as anything but a practice squad player.

As for Lynch good chance he makes this roster unless something ridiculous happens. It cost more to cut him than keep him at this point.

He's from Northern Colorado so Bronco fans tend to bump those area guys up 5 levels. ;)

I like the passion. I have for Josey Jewell! But he actually REALLY is good. :)

Lynch is going to have to look REALLY REALLY bad for Elway to swallow that one in year 3. I am going to guess he just rots as one of our inactives for this year.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloter signed to the active roster because Bradford went down and Bridgewater was still weeks away.

I'm not arguing who is better here. I am telling you why Lynch wasn't going to be cut. Elway loved him enough to spend a first round pick on him the year before, ya really think the guy is going to cut him one year in beings he played the QB position?

Not in a million years barring off field issues!
"When Myrle Lynch talks, everyone listens " :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's from Northern Colorado so Bronco fans tend to bump those area guys up 5 levels. ;)

I like the passion. I have for Josey Jewell! But he actually REALLY is good. :)

Lynch is going to have to look REALLY REALLY bad for Elway to swallow that one in year 3. I am going to guess he just rots as one of our inactives for this year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will posture the thought that it might be wiser to cut the guys who only look great in practice and keep the guys who only look good in games.