• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big East Basketball Thread

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a bit unhappy with the job Wojo has done with Marquette. They also have new digs and need to sweep 'Nova
this upcoming season. Last season only 'Nova played consistently, the rest of the teams you never knew what you were going to get. Just look at Providence last season.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a bit unhappy with the job Wojo has done with Marquette. They also have new digs and need to sweep 'Nova
this upcoming season. Last season only 'Nova played consistently, the rest of the teams you never knew what you were going to get. Just look at Providence last season.

“Need” to sweep Nova??

Wtf lol

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this upcoming season
. Last season only 'Nova played consistently, the rest of the teams you never knew what you were going to get. Just look at Providence last season.

Good luck with that!

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brunson, Bridges, DD, and Spellman will all enter the draft.

Say goodbye to top 4 scorers.

And I can honestly say I don't mind. Ready to lay back and watch a season of no expectations.

Sweeping Nova next year might not be a stretch for a number of teams in the Big East.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brunson, Bridges, DD, and Spellman will all enter the draft.

Say goodbye to top 4 scorers.

And I can honestly say I don't mind. Ready to lay back and watch a season of no expectations.

Sweeping Nova next year might not be a stretch for a number of teams in the Big East.

I still think Nova is the favorite in the BE next season. Booth, Pascall, Gillespie, Cremo, Cosby-Roundtree is still a good core. And my bet is the incoming freshman will be really good. I'd still probably take that back court over anybody else in the BE, unless Ponds comes back for St John's and they get Heron from Auburn. I will admit I'm bigger on Booth than probably most are. Start Quinerly at PG with Booth and Cremo and Pascall and Cosby-Roundtree. Bring Gillespie and the other highly ranked freshman off the bench.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Nova is the favorite in the BE next season. Booth, Pascall, Gillespie, Cremo, Cosby-Roundtree is still a good core. And my bet is the incoming freshman will be really good. I'd still probably take that back court over anybody else in the BE, unless Ponds comes back for St John's and they get Heron from Auburn. I will admit I'm bigger on Booth than probably most are. Start Quinerly at PG with Booth and Cremo and Pascall and Cosby-Roundtree. Bring Gillespie and the other highly ranked freshman off the bench.

Oh yea, they'll still be the favorite. And it's a down year in the Big East. But I can see them losing a bunch of games. It will be an adventure.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nova wins the BE. Don’t think itll be that tough either.

Marquette, SJU, Xavier, Butler, Creighton, Providence, Gtown, SHU, DePaul

That’s a decent guess for the pecking order of rosters. I throw SJU in at 3 because I really don’t know with them and their potential to get Heron. They could be a total dud. I think 2-7 are extremely interchangeable.

This is the first true make or break year for Wojo. Marquette still isn’t gonna be a great team, but I think on paper they are clearly the 2nd best down year BE team

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nova wins the BE. Don’t think itll be that tough either.

Marquette, SJU, Xavier, Butler, Creighton, Providence, Gtown, SHU, DePaul

That’s a decent guess for the pecking order of rosters. I throw SJU in at 3 because I really don’t know with them and their potential to get Heron. They could be a total dud. I think 2-7 are extremely interchangeable.

This is the first true make or break year for Wojo. Marquette still isn’t gonna be a great team, but I think on paper they are clearly the 2nd best down year BE team
I will go Nova to win. Marquette, Creighton, Xavier, Butler then the last 4 in your posted order.
forgot to put SJU below Butler.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go Nova to win. Marquette, Creighton, Xavier, Butler then the last 4 in your posted order.
forgot to put SJU below Butler.

SJU is such a wildcard. They got the talent but they have to prove they can play actual basketball and not just that frantic up and down game.

Gonna be a real interesting BE season. Xavier with so many new players

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nova gets a commit from Bryan Antoine, 5 star guard from NJ.

Finally starting to show some returns on the recruiting trail from the championship runs.

Although I think getting 4 guys drafted probably had more to do with it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nova gets a commit from Bryan Antoine, 5 star guard from NJ.

Finally starting to show some returns on the recruiting trail from the championship runs.

Although I think getting 4 guys drafted probably had more to do with it.

Now it’s time to have Mannion take Nova off his list!!!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say so.

I’m hoping.

But Mannion still is more of a PG so if JQ makes a bold 1 and done move or Mannion is sold backing up both spots.

Nova still good option!

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hoping.

But Mannion still is more of a PG so if JQ makes a bold 1 and done move or Mannion is sold backing up both spots.

Nova still good option!

Quinerly's not even eligible yet I don't think.

I prefered Mannion because they say he's going to spend at least 2 years in school. Bryan Antoine and Scottie Lewis are likely one and dones.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinerly's not even eligible yet I don't think.

I prefered Mannion because they say he's going to spend at least 2 years in school. Bryan Antoine and Scottie Lewis are likely one and dones.

Marquette seems to be recruiting him with the thoughts of him as 1 and done.

Marquette just snagged a combo guard for 2019. Last riser who by all reports can really defend.

6’4 200 Lbs. Wojo appears to be 100% abandoning the little guard offense. He’s basically going BE size the last couple years.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Nova has a strong history of tall big game players. with many players staying in college maybe 2 yrs, coaches may need to revamp their teams

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time for the Big East to give the boot to DePaul. they are a joke! Pretty sure that they could easily be replaced.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time for the Big East to give the boot to DePaul. they are a joke! Pretty sure that they could easily be replaced.

Ha yea. It doesn't work that way.

Also, for all we know DePaul is like 10 time national champs at Women's Badminton or something...

Galway Eagle

Chicago > Milwaukee > Galway
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They've actually got quite the class committed. Not too different than the one that Willard sold his soul for. Remember what seton hall was before Whitehead rodrieguez and Delgado