• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big East Basketball Thread

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a few half ass ones here over the past couple years, but nothing dedicated since the split.

But if the MWC deserves it's own thread, so does the Big East. :dhd:

Homers. Haters. All welcome.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Easty has been mediocre so far. But big games today versus the ACC.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three teams in the Top 10 for the Big Easty.

And none named Villanova. :tsk:

Big East is looking at some good seeds come March.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again its proving to be a power conference when morons claim otherwise. If Gtown would just get its head out of its ass things would look even better.

O and DePaul...any year now, you can start pulling some weight.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a weird year in the Big East IMO. While you have 4 top 15 caliber teams, the bottom half of the league has been pretty bad, unexpectedly. St John's and DePaul we figured to be awful, but G-Town has been equally bad, with some puzzling bad losses. Creighton is meh again. And Seton Hall and Marquette while having good records haven't exactly been tested that much this OOC. Although Seton Hall does have a substantially better schedule than Marquette does.

If those 4 at the top are as good as I think they are, I think this is only a 4 bid league.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a weird year in the Big East IMO. While you have 4 top 15 caliber teams, the bottom half of the league has been pretty bad, unexpectedly. St John's and DePaul we figured to be awful, but G-Town has been equally bad, with some puzzling bad losses. Creighton is meh again. And Seton Hall and Marquette while having good records haven't exactly been tested that much this OOC. Although Seton Hall does have a substantially better schedule than Marquette does.

If those 4 at the top are as good as I think they are, I think this is only a 4 bid league.

No chance. 5 get in. 6 is possible but not likely.

Gtown being the most likely forsure. They lose head scratchers but have the talent to play Maryland and Duke to the wire.

With 4 great teams right now. You have 8 opportunities for big wins. And then 4-6 more chances to get solid wins.

Have to avoid the bottom 2 slip up though.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance. 5 get in. 6 is possible but not likely.

Gtown being the most likely forsure. They lose head scratchers but have the talent to play Maryland and Duke to the wire.

With 4 great teams right now. You have 8 opportunities for big wins. And then 4-6 more chances to get solid wins.

Have to avoid the bottom 2 slip up though.

I'm just saying if those top 4 are as good as I think they are(meaning only lose to each other, which probably is somewhat unrealistic though) this will be a 4 bid league. I think G-Town has to at least get to 12-6 in Big East play or they won't have a chance. Will a 12 loss G-Town team get in? If I had to guess, I'd say probably not. Also if G-Town is able to lose against Radford and UNC-Asheville at home, they can definitely lose to DePaul or St Johns even though those teams are awful.

I do think Providence is slightly overrated so out of those top 4 they are prone to being beat the most in conference play IMO.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless Marquette and Seton Hall totally tank (which Seton Hall did last year), they are both set up to get in right now with .500 conference records.

Remember that everything is based off of RPI which right now Xavier and Nova are #1 and #2. I have no idea how Nova is #2 after getting smoked twice, but I digress.

So, just beating Nova or Xavier gives your resume a tremendous boost.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again its proving to be a power conference when morons claim otherwise. If Gtown would just get its head out of its ass things would look even better.

O and DePaul...any year now, you can start pulling some weight.

If Marquette and Seton Hall get in (which they should given their talent), then you're looking at a league that has sent 9 out of 10 teams to the dance over its 3 year life.

Not half bad for a mid major. :nod:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Marquette and Seton Hall get in (which they should given their talent), then you're looking at a league that has sent 9 out of 10 teams to the dance over its 3 year life.

Not half bad for a mid major. :nod:

Yeah the league is in good shape. Idk if MU will get in this year. Little room for error with an inexperienced roster. But the foundation is set to get back as a perennial tourney team so we should pull out weight here soon enough.

Nova, butler, gtown, Marquette and Xavier give you 5 very stable program. And of the other 5 only DePaul has shown to be unreliable to ever produce.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Marquette and Seton Hall totally tank (which Seton Hall did last year), they are both set up to get in right now with .500 conference records.

Remember that everything is based off of RPI which right now Xavier and Nova are #1 and #2. I have no idea how Nova is #2 after getting smoked twice, but I digress.

So, just beating Nova or Xavier gives your resume a tremendous boost.

Seton Hall has more wiggle room than Marquette will. Marquette will have a non conf SoS in the 300's. If Marquette finishes .500 in conference play I don't even think they'll sniff the NCAA tournament.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seton Hall has more wiggle room than Marquette will. Marquette will have a non conf SoS in the 300's. If Marquette finishes .500 in conference play I don't even think they'll sniff the NCAA tournament.

Nope.

A 11-7 AND 1 BET win projects us for a 53 RPI. Too many awful cupcakes.

But in that case even with a 53ish RPI. I Think 23 wins and 12 BE wins(1 in the tourney) would get Them in. That's too hard to ignore

But yeah a 9-9 is not gonna cut it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O and Depaul decided to chip in tonight!! Very nice convincing win.

X is real impressive right now. 15 pt halftime comeback.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Providence is overrated but that 2 man show is deadly. And we won.

Wow. Big win for a inconsistent team.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crazy. Providence played MSU real tough earlier in the year and beat us (although I think we're much better now and blew that game and it was our first without Zeus) and then loses at HOME to Marquette

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy. Providence played MSU real tough earlier in the year and beat us (although I think we're much better now and blew that game and it was our first without Zeus) and then loses at HOME to Marquette

Hey! Easy now we got talent lol. Just really raw. Shame Ellenson is leaving cuz with him we will actually be legit next year.

But seriously your point is actually crazy. They also just won at Butler. Dunn and Bentil are stars. But the rest of the team makes them overrated but capable on any night. That's really the season as whole for CBB.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed Providence is overrated.

Nice win for Marquette. 0-3 wouldn't have been the end of the world though, more a function of the schedule.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Providence is overrated.

Nice win for Marquette. 0-3 wouldn't have been the end of the world though, more a function of the schedule.

We're already not gonna get to 11-7 in conference. 0-3 makes that basically impossible. And 11-7 is what's needed.

What's crazy is for a young team our raw talent prevails in close games away from home. We just are too prone to get the doors blown off and have 3 home losses lol.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Providence could have beat MSU as well had Dunn not gotten into foul trouble.

Guys like Dunn and Valentine can carry teams, just shows you how much experience can mean, they were both role players as freshmen.

Arizona's going to drop some games to worse teams than Providence this year. Bank on that.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Providence could have beat MSU as well had Dunn not gotten into foul trouble.

Guys like Dunn and Valentine can carry teams, just shows you how much experience can mean, they were both role players as underclassmen.

Arizona's going to drop some games to worse teams than Providence this year. Bank on that.
No doubt, Providence is better than probably every other team in the Pac and we sure as hell aren't going to go undefeated in the league.