• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 to Bring Back Conf. Title Game

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't think expansion is a given. Might they do so to put ESPN on the clock? Might they do so to hurt the B1G?

What remains to be seen is the future of the ACC network. If ESPN can't make it happen, I think there is a 1 year deal where they'll pay the ACC $45 million... $3 million/school. If the network fails to make it to market, the ACC will fall further behind.

The Pac 12 network has been a complete bust. Its future is in serious doubt. The Pac 12 is behind and faces an uncertain revenue producing future as well.

In the very near future, we may have some very unhappy schools in either/both of those conferences.

In the mean time, the Big 12 is doing great financially. And, as I mentioned a while ago... has the luxury to wait and see what happens across the college football landscape.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't think expansion is a given. Might they do so to put ESPN on the clock? Might they do so to hurt the B1G?

What remains to be seen is the future of the ACC network. If ESPN can't make it happen, I think there is a 1 year deal where they'll pay the ACC $45 million... $3 million/school. If the network fails to make it to market, the ACC will fall further behind.

The Pac 12 network has been a complete bust. Its future is in serious doubt. The Pac 12 is behind and faces an uncertain revenue producing future as well.

In the very near future, we may have some very unhappy schools in either/both of those conferences.

In the mean time, the Big 12 is doing great financially. And, as I mentioned a while ago... has the luxury to wait and see what happens across the college football landscape.

I think if there really is a concern OU or Texas would move...which I don't BTW..but if there is a concern better stregnthen the conference now than scramble like the BE did and have to add 1-AA teams like UCONN if you remember.......or a USF program that was being run out of a trailer!