• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 Expansion

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BU remained behind tOSU.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 16 CFP Rankings. Rankings represent final CFP Ranking... not ranking at game time.

1. Bama 12-1
  • Beat #16 Mizzou
2. Oregon 12-1
  • Beat #10 Zona
3. FSU 13-0
  • Beat #11 GT
4. tOSU 12-1
  • Beat #18 Wisky
5. BU 11-1
  • Beat #11 KSU
6. TCU 11-1
  • Beat ISU (2-10)

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In week 16 of the regular season, OU lost the Bedlam to Okie St... dropping them out of the top 25.

So... in the end... Minn moved into the final rankings at #25.

1. Bama had top 25 wins over #7 Miss St, #9 AU, #16 Mizzou, #23 LSU

2. Oregon had top 25 wins over #8 Mich St., #10 Zona, #14 UCLA, #22 Utah

3. FSU had wins over top 25 - #12 GT, #17 Clem, #21 UofL

4. tOSU had wins over top 25 teams - @#8 Mich St, @#25 Minn, #18 Wisky

5. BU had top 25 wins over #5 TCU and #11 KSU.

6. TCU had top 25 wins over #11 KSU and #25 Minn

Last edited:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please look at the final results, and tell me how the committee didn't get it right.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... not having a Big 12 CCG hurt BU and TCU. OU losing to Okie St on Championship Saturday... or week 16... also hurt. Both TCU and BU lost a top 25 win with OU loss in the Bedlam.

Had the Big 12 CCG paired the top 2 Big 12 teams... like we'll see next year, I believe one of them would have finished ahead of tOSU to finish in the top 4.

BU beats #3 TCU, they'd end with wins over TCU twice.... and a nice win over KSU. #5, #5 and #11 on the resume.

TCU beats #5 BU, they'd end with wins over #5 BU, #11 KSU and #25 Minn.

Either of those resumes would be better than tOSU's #8 Mich St, #18 Wisky and #25 Minn.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having a CCG hurt the Big 12 in '14. That is why the 13th game was mentioned as a difference maker.

Big 12 teams ended up with less top 25 wins than the teams which finished ahead of them.

It had nothing to do with ratings... nothing to do with names on the jersey.

No bias. No hypocrisy.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end, BU remained behind tOSU where they'd been since week #13.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, OU earned four top 25 wins through the regular season.

No 13th data point required. No CCG to hurt them.

They earned enough wins during a 12 game schedule.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spin it how you like, in 2014, TCU was left out because OSU has a better name, we were told being a league champion meant a great deal, 2015 Oklahoma, with the same record as TCU had the previous year gets in, playing virtually the same schedule.....again being league champion is said to matter, but OU is a name team.....2016 THEY want OSU again, so suddenly being a league champion, or even a league division champion means nothing, it's all about the "eye test". "THEY" want the blue bloods, as do some fans, hence the reluctance to add teams to the "playoff"....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if you're stupid enough to post a link claiming Marshall owns WV, then you'd be stupid enough to believe TCU deserved to be ahead of BU.

To think some make fun of the quality of a WVU education...

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the factors was the Big12 not naming a champion, called them co-champs, had no tie breaker, everyone knew Baylor was the champ after winning the head to head. In the end Baylor screwed thenselves by not playing anyone in thier OOC schedule, it deserved them all right for their actions.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the committee chairman... Jeff Long... did mention the lack of a declared champion, they had the H/H as you mentioned.

In the end, OU losing to Okie St killed BU. BU ended the year with two top 25 wins. Every other school in the top 4 in '14 had three or four.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please look at the final results, and tell me how the committee didn't get it right.

BBW..just rhetorical...be interesting to fact check the SOS..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if you're stupid enough to post a link claiming Marshall owns WV, then you'd be stupid enough to believe TCU deserved to be ahead of BU.

To think some make fun of the quality of a WVU education...
I guess if you are stupid enough to think a team ranked #3, who wins their final game by fifty points should move DOWN to #6............there is no use in arguing....the point is that there are MORE than four teams deserving to be included, you want to turn WVU into a money grubbing spending machine like OSU, you come to OSU's defense on this ridiculous popularity contest, why don't you just throw away all your gold and blue gear, buy you some red and grey and display your true colors.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His true hatred for tOSU outweighs any facts or logic. Similar to his Stew vs Dana and Luck vs Pastilong arguments. Me thinks you struck a nerve.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His true hatred for tOSU outweighs any facts or logic. Similar to his Stew vs Dana and Luck vs Pastilong arguments. Me thinks you struck a nerve.

You got that right! He is full of hate!

I guess some of my WVU brothers forget the Big 12 was close to getting two teams into the first CFP. Had tOSU and FSU lost their respective CCG's, both TCU and BU are in!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did NOT say OSU didn't "deserve" the "playoff" spot, I said there were others JUST AS DESERVING. We read you guys talking about how strong the B12 is one day, then belittling it the next in comparison to the B11. The truth of the matter is that in 2014 had EITHER Baylor or TCU been named Oklahoma, they would have been in the "playoff" and Ohio State, the champion, would not have even been there. The point I am making is that a four team "playoff" with five "power" leagues is pure BS. To try and say Ohio State somehow deserved to jump TCU when both won their games that week in a big way is pure BS. I asked above how TCU drops from 3 to 6 after winning by 50, I got no answer.........The bias exists, it is real, just like preseason polls, ND was a top ten team......but isnt even bowl bound.......same with MSU, yet both will be in the preseason poll again next year, name means all, to try and justify OSU jumping TCU because Oklahoma fell from the top 25 is BS, "they" dont just look at the top 25, they look at the football equivalent of the rpi, We need a REAL playoff, based on first league champions

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did NOT say OSU didn't "deserve" the "playoff" spot, I said there were others JUST AS DESERVING. We read you guys talking about how strong the B12 is one day, then belittling it the next in comparison to the B11. The truth of the matter is that in 2014 had EITHER Baylor or TCU been named Oklahoma, they would have been in the "playoff" and Ohio State, the champion, would not have even been there. The point I am making is that a four team "playoff" with five "power" leagues is pure BS. To try and say Ohio State somehow deserved to jump TCU when both won their games that week in a big way is pure BS. I asked above how TCU drops from 3 to 6 after winning by 50, I got no answer.........The bias exists, it is real, just like preseason polls, ND was a top ten team......but isnt even bowl bound.......same with MSU, yet both will be in the preseason poll again next year, name means all, to try and justify OSU jumping TCU because Oklahoma fell from the top 25 is BS, "they" dont just look at the top 25, they look at the football equivalent of the rpi, We need a REAL playoff, based on first league champions
:tj:

I have to tell you...I luv my new AVATAR!..It makes me laugh every friggin day!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton, one of your other man crushes served on the CFP Committee in '14... right? So, do you feel he would shit on his Big 12 brothers TCU and BU in favor of tOSU? Or would he stand with the rest of the committee members... all highly respected like himself... and prove to the college football world that there is a new way of doing things?

The CFP Committee basically followed the rules of the NCAA Selection Committee. The NCAA Selection Committee values RPI moreso that overall W/L records. RPI incorporates the same kind of metrics used by the CFP... who you play, SOS, OOC schedule... where you play.

The CFP revealed in their first year... SOS matters. Who you beat matters. Top 25 wins matter.

It is really that simple.

Anyone can look to the results of each year we've had the playoff in place and see this clearly. To claim anything else is simply saying you're ignorant and want to stay that way.

Those big... bad... blue bloods...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton, one of your other man crushes served on the CFP Committee in '14... right? So, do you feel he would shit on his Big 12 brothers TCU and BU in favor of tOSU? Or would he stand with the rest of the committee members... all highly respected like himself... and prove to the college football world that there is a new way of doing things?

The CFP Committee basically followed the rules of the NCAA Selection Committee. The NCAA Selection Committee values RPI moreso that overall W/L records. RPI incorporates the same kind of metrics used by the CFP... who you play, SOS, OOC schedule... where you play.

The CFP revealed in their first year... SOS matters. Who you beat matters. Top 25 wins matter.

It is really that simple.

Anyone can look to the results of each year we've had the playoff in place and see this clearly. To claim anything else is simply saying you're ignorant and want to stay that way.

Those big... bad... blue bloods...

Great Question! Not sure if we are comparing apples to apples...IMHO the original selection group did a great job in being consistent with the criteria they chose to define rankings 1 thru 20...just from the messaging during this years process the committee chair made comments that would lead you to believe their rankings were based on other outlying metrics...

Which brings me back to the fix to all of this......an 8 team playoff.....it takes a huge burden off of the committee... 5 conference champions a true indicator those teams are playing their best ball..and 3 wild cards...likely the winner of AAC and the next two highest ranked teams...or a team like a Western Michigan that ran its schedule..I would suggest that the only way an SOS comes into play is if a FBS plays a FCS team