• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 Expansion?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like there is an impass to me. Big 12 doesn't want to expand or form divisions and there is enough opposition to them playing a championship game if they don't that the rules won't change.

My guess is this is a lot of talk with no changes happening.

I should note the ACC is heavily involved because they want to change their scheduling model and potentially divide into 4 divisions with a floating schedule but the article doesn't go into that.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stupidest idea on earth is to play a round robin conference schedule and then turn around and have a Conference Championship Game.

You have to be completely fucked in the head to even consider the idea.
I agree, I think the other P5's are ok with whatever the Big12 wants to do or nothing at all but I think the ACC being set up pretty much just like them and then them getting an exception for their CCG is the issue.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm ready for Houston and Cincinnati to join up in any case.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if deregulation doesn't get the votes then the Big12 will move on some ACC schools and I think the BIG and SEC will follow quickly and break their GOR. The BIG's tv contract is about to be renegotiated, it is a good time to add more markets.
If AAC schools were the easy answer then I think the Big12 would have already acted on them but...that's jmo.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be all for Clemson and Louisville in a heartbeat.
Why not all 4.
My guess would be Clemson and FSU since the Big12 was after them before the ACC GOR, maybe inroads were made? If the thinking is going to 14 then maybe we see a couple more (VT&Pitt :noidea:). The BIG has its tv contract coming up soon so I could see them feeling out some tv market schools from the ACC like they did with Maryland. If the SEC gets in the mix as well then, that GOR (like our own) could be in trouble.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that is the easy road to get to 12 teams..I think they should aim higher!..Big12 payout per team would tell you they should!...Nebraska, Texas A&M and Mizzou or something like that...They need to have at least one high profile team to gain leverage on a new Television deal...its the only way the rest of the Big12 schools would by into bringing in more schools..

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3