• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Week 4 Matchups?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a few good games this week, but three that look particularly interesting to me are Seattle at Houston, NE at Atlanta, and NO at Miami. All three tough for me to pick, but I'm inclined to think that all three road teams get narrow wins.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NE at Atlanta game is the one on that list that I am most looking forward to. NE's defense looks much improved but haven't actually played a decent offense so this will be a good test for them and Atlanta is needing a big win to keep pace with NO at this point.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NE at Atlanta game is the one on that list that I am most looking forward to. NE's defense looks much improved but haven't actually played a decent offense so this will be a good test for them and Atlanta is needing a big win to keep pace with NO at this point.

Good point about what figures to be the best test of NE's defense so far. Also looks to me as if Brady and his young WRs Dobson and Thompkins are starting to get on the same page a bit more.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pit vs Min who have been banished from the country to fight it out overseas.

:kidding:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pit vs Min who have been banished from the country to fight it out overseas.

:kidding:

LOL Must suck to have to go play in London under any circumstances. The prospect of the flight home after gettting to 0-4 must be extra unpleasant,

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago @ Detroit is interesting, and could tell a lot about both teams.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly at Denver. I think Denver wins easy but if Philly can avoid mistakes that Denver defense has been mediocre at best, largely because their offense has been scoring at will. This could be one of those 49-38 type games, fun to watch.

It could also be 65-0 if the Eagles have another 5 turnovers.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago @ Detroit is interesting, and could tell a lot about both teams.

I don't know a whole lot about either team, but they both have quite a few good players who are fun to watch. Is Reggie Bush expected back this week?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly at Denver. I think Denver wins easy but if Philly can avoid mistakes that Denver defense has been mediocre at best, largely because their offense has been scoring at will. This could be one of those 49-38 type games, fun to watch.

It could also be 65-0 if the Eagles have another 5 turnovers.

Philly not turning the ball over seems like a likely key for them. Denver has five picks and eight sacks, so I think that could be a fairly tall order against our "mediocre" defense.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF @ STL. Division matchup of a couple 1-2 teams needing a W. Both teams got their butts whooped last week. Crazy things happen in these Thursday nighters.

Both these games went to OT last year, one ended in a tie.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF @ STL. Division matchup of a couple 1-2 teams needing a W. Both teams got their butts whooped last week. Crazy things happen in these Thursday nighters.

Both these games went to OT last year, one ended in a tie.

That does figure to be a good game. Definitely looking forward to that. I was very surprised to see how effectively the Colts ran the ball on SF last week. They are struggling right now.

I haven't seen Bradford play that much, but every time I have it looks like the same thing. He throws the ball well, but is plagued by poor protection and dropped passes.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Must suck to have to go play in London under any circumstances. The prospect of the flight home after gettting to 0-4 must be extra unpleasant,
That would be so much worse than coming back 2-6.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be so much worse than coming back 2-6.

Since you're a Rams fan, I assume that you're referring to the beating that team took from NE last year in London. If so, point taken. I'm sure that was also a very unpleasant trip home!

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIA @ NO should be an interesting game. battle of the unbeaten teams. Glad it's on MNF.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a few good games this week, but three that look particularly interesting to me are Seattle at Houston, NE at Atlanta, and NO at Miami. All three tough for me to pick, but I'm inclined to think that all three road teams get narrow wins.

Agreed...I think MIA is on the road in that one.

Another intriguing game to me is actually tonight...with all the talk about has Harbaugh lost the team, Kaep losing his mojo...this against a team that has given them trouble recently...including a sweep LY I think.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...I think MIA is on the road in that one.

Another intriguing game to me is actually tonight...with all the talk about has Harbaugh lost the team, Kaep losing his mojo...this against a team that has given them trouble recently...including a sweep LY I think.

You are right ... it is Miami at NO. NO is usually tough to beat at home and their defense seems to be much improved, so I think they are likely to hand Miami its first loss.

Agreed that SF at Rams is a very interesting matchup too. Could be an unusually important game for such an early season game. I'm interested to see whether the Rams are able to run effectively against SF. Not exactly the Rams strength, but it wasn't the Colts strength either and they ran surprisingly well against SF. Very ususal to think of run defense as a potential liability for SF, since they seem to have had one of the best run defenses for the past few years.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly not turning the ball over seems like a likely key for them. Denver has five picks and eight sacks, so I think that could be a fairly tall order against our "mediocre" defense.

Denver is 19th in total defense and 17th in scoring defense, so yeah, mediocre.

Yes, my teams defense is worse and still won by 3 in Philly with a -2 turnover diff, which is why I think Denver wins easy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right ... it is Miami at NO. NO is usually tough to beat at home and their defense seems to be much improved, so I think they are likely to hand Miami its first loss.

Agreed that SF at Rams is a very interesting matchup too. Could be an unusually important game for such an early season game. I'm interested to see whether the Rams are able to run effectively against SF. Not exactly the Rams strength, but it wasn't the Colts strength either and they ran surprisingly well against SF. Very ususal to think of run defense as a potential liability for SF, since they seem to have had one of the best run defenses for the past few years.

Saints DEF imo is not that great still in the back 4, but they are better...I think MIA will lose also...their best pass rusher got hurt against ATL and I think will miss this game...imo there are no answers for Jimmy Graham...certainly not the 5'9" Grimes. FWIW...I've been to a Saints game in NO...SEA may be the loudest outdoor stadium but the Superdome may be the loudest period...worst case they're 1 and 1A.

On that topic. Got family out in Brighton...went a few games at the old Mile High and it used to literally shake...kinda scary, but the cold Coors would calm me down.

SF @ STL...sometimes you just have those DIV teams that play well against you but not consistent against other teams. CLE is like that in our DIV...everyone want to sweep them, but they split more times than not.