• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Best team in football?

Who is the best team in football TODAY?

• 8-1 Eagles

• 7-2 Vikings

• 7-2 Saints

• 7-2 Rams

• 7-2 Patriots

• 7-2 Steelers

• 6-3 Chiefs

• 6-3 Jaguars

• 6-3 Seahawks

• Other?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all you fans of good NFL teams can fuck off! I voted for other.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, so your take on how good a season he has (or the 2nd "worst" of his career") is based on playing 16 games?

I mean, it's a little ridiculous we only have one to compare to

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Rock Strongo

Finally a poll that doesn't have a potato salad option.:yes: Kudos to you sir!:yo:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misery loves company and I'm happy the Rams aren't keeping you company.

The Rams can got fuck themselves. I mean that in the nicest way though.:D

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams can got fuck themselves. I mean that in the nicest way though.:D

Rams are a good example of what could happen once the Browns decide to part ways with Hue Jackson

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are a good example of what could happen once the Browns decide to part ways with Hue Jackson

I can only hope the organization gets it's head outta it's ass long enough to fire him. He might be a nice guy but he's a lousy HC. Hue's now 1-24 (or something damn close to that) as the Clowns sideline general.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only hope the organization gets it's head outta it's ass long enough to fire him. He might be a nice guy but he's a lousy HC. Hue's now 1-24 (or something damn close to that) as the Clowns sideline general.

His record there is insane, I dont care how bad a roster can be

The Rams were a joke, and are now a beast

The Jets were predicted to be one of the worst rosters ever, and have 4 wins

No excuse for any HC to be 1-24

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His record there is insane, I dont care how bad a roster can be

The Rams were a joke, and are now a beast

The Jets were predicted to be one of the worst rosters ever, and have 4 wins

No excuse for any HC to be 1-24

As each day goes by I get more & more convinced that jackass Jimmy Haslam bought the Browns only to make sure they remain the laughing stock of the league.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's call it the way it is:

Quality wins for Saints: Panthers
Quality wins for Eagles: Panthers
Quality wins for Rams: Jaguars
Quality wins for Vikings: Saints

Other than those wins, neither the Saints, Eagles, Rams or Vikings have really beaten anyone of value to be honest. Granted, something changed in the Saints after starting 0-2. Don't know what it is but something is different about them. This next month for the Rams is CRUCIAL. @Vikings, vs. Saints, they get a break with the Cardinals but then they host the Eagles. The NFC will be jumbled all around the next 4 weeks.

^^^ This ^^^

Last week I looked at actual strength of schedule so far for the Pats and the Eagles. Both teams have good records, but each of them has beaten only one team with a winning record. My guess is a few of the other division leaders share that kind of characteristic.

I think back to the 2010 Kansas City Chiefs. They finished first in the AFC West, after finishing 4-10 the year before. I checked and found that they had not beaten a single team with a winning record. You guessed it, one and done in the playoffs.

Between all the injuries to key players and all the teams that started the season with shitty players to begin with, most teams can be termed mediocre at best. We really aren't going to know which teams are as good as their record and which teams are simply pretenders. We won't know until the playoffs expose the frauds.

I think the Eagles, Saints and Patriots are all legit contenders for best team right now.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of those, "who the fuck knows polls.
Saints for me but that could change. The game @ the Rams will tell us all a lot about both of those teams.
Speaking of the Rams, I give them a lot of credit but a lot of tough games coming up. We shall see.
The Eagles are the toast of the league right now and 8-1 is impressive but a couple of west coast games and those pesky games in the division will tell the tale for them. Wentz is a great young player. Key word, young. Will mhe try to do too much if things go south?
The Vikes are playing great as well but does anyone really have faith in Keenum as the guy and if he falters, can Teddy be effective after all this time off?
In the AFC, it's the same old, same old. It's still Brady and co. followed by everyone else.
K.C. was this juggernaut early and Smith was the MVP and so on and now we aren't really talking about them much. Maybe that's a good thing for them.
The Steelers are at the top of the standings but something doesn't look right to me. Maybe I'm wrong but they get really sloppy at times.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really doesn't matter because they have half a season left and then the playoffs to determine the champion but I'll pretend the season just ended and we are voting like college AP and UPI rankings or whatever.
First of all it would be really close so if we didn't have playoffs people would be all upset saying "why don't we have playoffs? This system is a joke!....etc.".
I think the Eagles would get number 1 because they only have one loss and it came early in the season to the Chiefs, who are a good team. The Saints would probably be number 2 because they have also won 7 in a row. The Rams are kind of a wildcard because they have had more games where they blew their opponents out and have the better point differential so people would be lobbying for them to overtake the Saints and Eagles. Then there's the Patriots. They would have started the season higher than the Saints, Eagles and Rams in the polls because they have been consistently good for the last 15 years or so and those other 3 teams success came as more of a surprise.
Lastly, there would be people talking about how great the Steelers are. Personally, I don't they have been nearly as impressive as the other 4 teams but in this scenario they are kind of like Notre Dame. Their history of success goes back farther than the other teams so people get all excited when they have a good record.

I'll go Eagles, Saints, Rams, Patriots

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, while they wouldn't be in the discussion for the top spot the Lions would also be in a good bowl game if, for no other reason than people like to talk about Jim Bob Cooter. (and just say the name "Jim Bob Cooter")

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ This ^^^

Last week I looked at actual strength of schedule so far for the Pats and the Eagles. Both teams have good records, but each of them has beaten only one team with a winning record. My guess is a few of the other division leaders share that kind of characteristic.

I think back to the 2010 Kansas City Chiefs. They finished first in the AFC West, after finishing 4-10 the year before. I checked and found that they had not beaten a single team with a winning record. You guessed it, one and done in the playoffs.

Between all the injuries to key players and all the teams that started the season with shitty players to begin with, most teams can be termed mediocre at best. We really aren't going to know which teams are as good as their record and which teams are simply pretenders. We won't know until the playoffs expose the frauds.

I think the Eagles, Saints and Patriots are all legit contenders for best team right now.

pats are 2-2
buf 1-2
pit 3-1
kc 2-2
ten 2-0
jck 1-2
phi 1-1
no 4-2
min 2-2
lar 2-1
car 4-2
sea 1-2