• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best OLine of All Time

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT - Ron Yary - Vikings
LG - John Hannah - Patriots
C - Jim Otto - Raiders
RG - Bruce Matthews - Oilers
RT - Anthony Munoz - Bengals

IMO, That has got to be the best OLine you could put together using all players available. Though I probably could pick a bunch of LTs and there would not be much difference.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT - Ron Yary - Vikings
LG - John Hannah - Patriots
C - Jim Otto - Raiders
RG - Bruce Matthews - Oilers
RT - Anthony Munoz - Bengals

IMO, That has got to be the best OLine you could put together using all players available. Though I probably could pick a bunch of LTs and there would not be much difference.

That would be a great line! But I would put the recent HOF inductee Ogden on the LT

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing that ALL of the best Olinemen are older players. Munoz and Matthews for sure but I bet some players from the past 20 years should probably be on there, too

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That's one mean lookin' OL. I agree with 3 of those names, but you missed the guy who was the single most dominant OL I've ever seen:

Larry Allen. I'd put him in at LG. I've never seen someone push DL around like he did.

If we could just take 1 year, I might put Tony Boselli in at OLT. He was the Bo Jackson of OLTs. Didn't play long enough to be the GOAT, but he was pretty dominant before he got hurt. But since Boselli didn't play long enough, here's what I'd do:

LT - Willie Roaf
LG - Larry Allen
C - Jim Otto
RG - Bruce Matthews
RT - Munoz

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one mean lookin' OL. I agree with 3 of those names, but you missed the guy who was the single most dominant OL I've ever seen:

Larry Allen. I'd put him in at LG. I've never seen someone push DL around like he did.

If we could just take 1 year, I might put Tony Boselli in at OLT. He was the Bo Jackson of OLTs. Didn't play long enough to be the GOAT, but he was pretty dominant before he got hurt. But since Boselli didn't play long enough, here's what I'd do:

LT - Willie Roaf
LG - Larry Allen
C - Jim Otto
RG - Bruce Matthews
RT - Munoz

I would 2nd this lineup and my god the things you could accomplish if you had all them blocking for you.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can make this real easy, 90s cowboys line.

Jake Long may make it onto one of these lists some day.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would never put Long in Willie Roaf's category of skill level and production.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Not to mention longevity. Roaf was absolutely dominant even in his late 30's. Besides, Joe Thomas is the best LT in the game right now.

longevity is why I considered putting Randall McDaniel's name instead of Larry Allen's because McDaniel played a little longer. However, Allen dominated like nobody I've ever seen, so I think he's the GOAT.

Ogden deserves consideration too, but I think Roaf was better pass-protecting. And they were both dominant in the run game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roaf is certainly someone that could be considered for these lists. When healthy on the Chiefs, they had the best oline in the league and one of the best offenses and when he got banged up, their whole offense fell apart to the point where they would have to have Tony G stay in and block.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If not for his Injuries, Erik Williams would have been a HOF tackle beside a HOF guard in Allen. Kinda like the accident that took Jerome Brown, on his way to a HOF career playing alongside another all time great, Reggie White. Their DL might have been second only to the fearsome foursome if he'd lived. Raiders with Upshaw and Shell were the best OL IMO.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give a call out to my boy Walter Jones. Had a season with 0 sacks and 0 false starts. Also his season prior was like 0.5 sacks and 2 false starts. All while playing against guys like Dockett, Little, and Young. IMO he played the better Ds than Ogden did.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Raiders with Upshaw and Shell were the best OL IMO.

A lot of people say they were. Some of the best OLs ever:

The '90's Cowboys (best I was ever alive to see)
The late-90's Broncos
The Early '00's Chiefs when they had Roaf & Tait.
The '05 Seahawks

...The 2012 49ers baby! :) This one wasn't quite as good as the others, but I think they're a dominant center away from being one of the all-time greats.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going team lines........the Hoggs of the 80's Were the Dominate line in that entire Decade!!!!

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT- Orlando Pace
LG- Bruce Matthews
C- Nick Mangold
RG- Larry Allen
RT- Jonathan Ogden
I'm down with 4 of the 5 you've got there. Mangold is a stud, but best Center ever......

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people say they were. Some of the best OLs ever:

The '90's Cowboys (best I was ever alive to see)
The late-90's Broncos
The Early '00's Chiefs when they had Roaf & Tait.
The '05 Seahawks

...The 2012 49ers baby! :) This one wasn't quite as good as the others, but I think they're a dominant center away from being one of the all-time greats.
I hate to admit it, but I totally agree with the 49ers. My Cowboys just don't get it, and the sad thing is, the owner/GM was there in the 90's to see what a dominant OL was worth. We drafted a center this year, but there were guys in each of the next 3 rounds available that would start for us, and we are taking TE Escobar in the 2nd???:gaah::gaah: