• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Divisional round matchup

who ya got

• Total voters

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like there is really only one answer to this question.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Vikes and Saints played earlier this year all the Saints rookies were playing their first game.

Petersen was the running back?

I look for a much more competitive game this time around.

JAX-Pitt is in the 2 slot. I hope it's a slobberknocker....

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like their first game this year where the Saints were held to field goals until a meaningless garbage time TD at the end of the game?

Yeah that is the sample size but that was earlier in the season. Just like the Steelers/Jags, folks are assuming a Jags upset is easy due to that regular season performance but if you look closer 5 picks (two pick 6's) and a garbage time TD for Fournette late.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Vikes and Saints played earlier this year all the Saints rookies were playing their first game.

Petersen was the running back?

I look for a much more competitive game this time around.

JAX-Pitt is in the 2 slot. I hope it's a slobberknocker....

Kamara 10 carries for 23 yards 1 reception for 10 yards last week against Carolina in his 17th game.

Not saying it won't be more competitive but the Vikes aren't the same team they were week 1 either.

You know your franchise has sucked when you have the #1 defense and nobody is giving you much of a chance to beat a team you already beat and held without a TD until a late garbage time TD.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is the sample size but that was earlier in the season. Just like the Steelers/Jags, folks are assuming a Jags upset is easy due to that regular season performance but if you look closer 5 picks (two pick 6's) and a garbage time TD for Fournette late.

Fair enough but what should we look at closer to see that the Vikes held the Saints out of the end zone until a late meaningless TD. So New Orleans has improved but the Vikes haven't?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough but what should we look at closer to see that the Vikes held the Saints out of the end zone until a late meaningless TD. So New Orleans has improved but the Vikes haven't?

Fair enough on that one but I think a lot more change occurred on the Saints since that time vs the Vikings. Who I think have been a great defense all season. If their defense comes up great then yeah this is no game and the Vikings win but I truly was only thinking from an offensive perspective that I don't see how they could keep up.

And in reality I want the Vikings to win that game.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kamara 10 carries for 23 yards 1 reception for 10 yards last week against Carolina in his 17th game.

Not saying it won't be more competitive but the Vikes aren't the same team they were week 1 either.

You know your franchise has sucked when you have the #1 defense and nobody is giving you much of a chance to beat a team you already beat and held without a TD until a late garbage time TD.

I know, I saw.

But the Saints in week 1 aren't the week 17 Saints.

And I know it's ditto for the Vikings.

I just saw Brees look good even though Kamara didn't do much.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough on that one but I think a lot more change occurred on the Saints since that time vs the Vikings. Who I think have been a great defense all season. If their defense comes up great then yeah this is no game and the Vikings win but I truly was only thinking from an offensive perspective that I don't see how they could keep up.

And in reality I want the Vikings to win that game.

A lot more change? We have a different starting QB and a different starting running back.

That's kinda my point, keep up? Keep up to what? A team we shut down the first time we played them. Who knows whats gonna happen, I just don't understand all this talk about the Vikes can't hang with the Saints, we already proved we could...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot more change? We have a different starting QB and a different starting running back.

That's kinda my point, keep up? Keep up to what? A team we shut down the first time we played them. Who knows whats gonna happen, I just don't understand all this talk about the Vikes can't hang with the Saints, we already proved we could...

Referring to the Vikings defense hasn't changed. As for the offense there is not one person that would want Case Keenum vs Drew Brees in any matchup.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints / Vikings and Jags / Steelers are both interesting to me.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Referring to the Vikings defense hasn't changed. As for the offense there is not one person that would want Case Keenum vs Drew Brees in any matchup.

The Vikings defense hasn't changed, that is a great point it's the same D that shut the great Drew Brees down in week 1.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, if it's solely brees vs keenum, we lose 10/10 of times

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You optimistic? lolzzz

You'll be on here saying the Vikings suck and you knew it all along if we lose the coin flip!

Nope this Vikes team is ready to roll.

Saints are going to be tough as hell but we are the best team and at home. So play our best and we are fine.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The saints D is very good. But it ain't the Vikes D.

Brees vs Keenum is a huge edge to Brees....if they play the exact same defense.

Brees vs Vikes D against Keenum vs Saints D should hopefully be much, much closer

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The saints D is very good. But it ain't the Vikes D.

Brees vs Keenum is a huge edge to Brees....if they play the exact same defense.

Brees vs Vikes D against Keenum vs Saints D should hopefully be much, much closer

@PnkPanther, @Nosferatu also, yeah trust me the Vikings D is the best and don't think the Saints match up 1 to 1 there. It is just a feeling I have this game for some reason will come down to the QB's.

Also I want the Vikings to win and be in the SuperBowl at home.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints have given up a ton of passing yards over the last few weeks, Vikes need to attack them there cause I don't see Murray doing much this week, McKinnon will be key when attempting to run it

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings/Saints. I think that winner is probably going to be the NFC champ.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO @ MIN...both teams are trending up, playing their best football right now, fairly evenly matched. I think this is it.

ATL @ PHI, Wentz is out, but Vegas has this as the tightest line.
TN @ NE, upstart vs a perennial
JAX @ PIT, upstart vs a perennial, but JAX does have a convincing win over PIT this season.

The rematch makes the JAX @ PIT game pretty interesting as some people think JAX might be able to repeat.