• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Corner Outfielder

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who’s the best corner outfielder in baseball? Jim Callis of MLB.com says that distinction belongs to Alex Jackson, whom the Mariners selected with the No. 6 overall pick in the 2014 draft. Jackson was the consensus top position prospect in his class and received the third-highest draft bonus of anyone this year. He’s got company at the top, however. MLB.com’s Jonathan Mayo says the Pirates’ Josh Bell is the game’s best corner outfield prospect.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this supposed to be only about prospects? Sounds like they're talking about prospects but "Who’s the best corner outfielder in baseball?" :noidea:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I thought the same thing. I know Callis does prospects so guessing so, but not written well.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Bell can really hit. He has been in the minors for several years so he is closer to the majors than Jackson most likely.

Jackson's next season in the minors is going to be very telling of the kind of player we have. I am excited about Jackson I hope he is the real deal.

By the way I think that Morgan kid we picked second is garbage.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Bell can really hit. He has been in the minors for several years so he is closer to the majors than Jackson most likely.

Jackson's next season in the minors is going to be very telling of the kind of player we have. I am excited about Jackson I hope he is the real deal.

By the way I think that Morgan kid we picked second is garbage.

I watched Jackson live,for a few innings before he broke his face, but haven't followed Morgan much. He might have played that same game, but didn't catch my attention if he did. The kid we picked lat year from Canada whose dad was a championship bodybuilder in Canada has been putting on a power display. O'Neal I think he name is, but could be way off.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect that the best corner outfield prospect is someone who's still playing CF right now. Or maybe Kris Bryant.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Jackson live,for a few innings before he broke his face, but haven't followed Morgan much. He might have played that same game, but didn't catch my attention if he did. The kid we picked lat year from Canada whose dad was a championship bodybuilder in Canada has been putting on a power display. O'Neal I think he name is, but could be way off.

Yeah Tyler O'Neill is the guy from BC that we drafted last season. I don't know much about him but everything I have read or heard has been promising especially at the plate.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect that the best corner outfield prospect is someone who's still playing CF right now. Or maybe Kris Bryant.

Kris Bryant is going to take the MLB by storm. My second MLB fanbase since I moved to Chicago is the Cubs... NL, so at least they don't directly compete with the Ms... (don't get me wrong, will NEVER root for the Bears, DIE HARD Hawks fan, in the 6-10/4-12 seasons mind you. Skipped study groups, classes, and ultimately lost grades DUE to the NFL draft. That's just the draft. Don't get me started on the reg. season games. Followed these guys since 96 (8 years old, Dad not a huge fan... all on my own)).

Point being, following the Cubs pretty close. Bryant is WAY too hot in the minor league system to not be a Trout type prospect upon entering the show.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kris Bryant is going to take the MLB by storm. My second MLB fanbase since I moved to Chicago is the Cubs... NL, so at least they don't directly compete with the Ms... (don't get me wrong, will NEVER root for the Bears, DIE HARD Hawks fan, in the 6-10/4-12 seasons mind you. Skipped study groups, classes, and ultimately lost grades DUE to the NFL draft. That's just the draft. Don't get me started on the reg. season games. Followed these guys since 96 (8 years old, Dad not a huge fan... all on my own)).

Point being, following the Cubs pretty close. Bryant is WAY too hot in the minor league system to not be a Trout type prospect upon entering the show.

Bryant will be a good MLB player, a likely all-star. But I wouldn't call him a "Trout type prospect" given that he's only 5 months younger than Trout.