• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bennett sits for national anthem

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for selling low on him. We will put him to good use in Philly.

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I don't care if they would have outright released him. If players sit for the anthem, they should be released. At least this way they got something for him.

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I don't care if they would have outright released him. If players sit for the anthem, they should be released. At least this way they got something for him.
Players are there for one reason and one reason only, to entertain paying fans. Keep your politics and protests out of sports.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are plenty on here who felt he'd only net a 6th or 7th - so we actually got more than I expected.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's turning 33 this season and has had nagging injuries the past couple years. He's turned into a fairly undisciplined player and is one of the main reasons this team was the most penalized in the league last year. And as much of player's coach PC is, even he recognized that the politics became a drag on the team this past season, and Bennett led the charge on that. Pete is trying to refresh the message and install younger players, and MB is an impediment to that in my opinion. Writing was on the wall here.

I think Bennett can still play, but I think at this point he needs to be a 15-20 snap per game guy but he's getting paid to be much more than that.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle had no choice. They just don't have the cap at this point and their players are getting too old. Also, the priority needs to be resigning Sheldon Richardson who wont be cheap. Bennett is still IMO a productive player on the field (outside of penalties, tied 2nd most and #1 among defenders in the league) but can take over run stopping in games. He's above average for DEs, but I don't expect that production to continue given the shift in teams, another year, and the significant playing time (mostly every down player) he's had in Seattle. IMO he's due for an injury or a significant slow down. Course that's all speculation.

Philly needs to be thinking about their cap situation as well.... Bennett should be $6.5M this year if his roster bonus is maintained. I'm surprised as young as Philly is they'd waste time opportunities to develop a younger edge rusher, especially while you have Cox in his prime. They already have guys like Chris Long so what's the point here? I get they're probably trying to pull a 'New England sign aging/troubled vets with good production' so we'll have to see.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is only going to be in philly 1 season after that he will probably be a free agent, not see any real value in a 34 year old DE and probably retire. There was no real reason to keep him around in Seattle im alright with the cap space and pick. Philly gave the highest pick everyone else was offering a 6th round or lower

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are there for one reason and one reason only, to entertain paying fans. Keep your politics and protests out of sports.
and all that matters to me is what they do on the field. If he were to sit out plays as a protest, we would have a problem. Kneeling during the National Anthem? Go ahead, as long as you can justify it.