• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals vs Texans Week 2

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
...as long as he has OCs that are Head Coach caliber, top flight WRs, and the best OL in the league. Gotcha.
When he had Hue Jackson and a great supporting cast he had a borderline mvp caliber season.
It's fair to question if you can win a SB with him. I do know you can win games with him.
He looks like his confidence is shaken.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to judge the D though.... Baltimore and Houston aren't exactly dynamic offenses.

They're not, but anyone in the NFL (except the Bengals) can score. Baltimore scored on short fields because our offense is basically scoring negative points at this point, and a somewhat flukey scramble by an athletic QB is the only TD in this game? I'll live with that so far. Should definitely be enough in both games to get us wins.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an OC, how do you not get fired after not scoring a TD in 2 full home games against very mediocre opponents?

I hear ya.... But even if we did grow a sack and get rid of Zampese, who the hell would be the coordinator for the last 14 games? Paul Alexander? James Urban? Maybe Marv can do it!

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he had Hue Jackson and a great supporting cast he had a borderline mvp caliber season.
It's fair to question if you can win a SB with him. I do know you can win games with him.
He looks like his confidence is shaken.

Blake Bortles would win games with Green, Sanu, Jones, Eiffert, and Gio, the best pass blocking line in the league, and Hue or Gruden running the offense.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw McCarron out there. If he doesn't score, he's no worse. If he does score, maybe he's worth something to someone and we just roll the dice with Driskel

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton made as poor of throws tonight as I can remember seeing him make in decent weather. I mean, he flat out missed guys. I think his confidence is shot.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I said this before and was criticized for it. Dalton is on the same level as Jay Cutler and other mid-tier QBs. He is not a Manning/Brady/Rodgers level talent. He needs a healthy OL that can block for him so he has time to through. We have AJ Green and the fastest WR in football, yet no one is getting open? he doesn't have time to throw. I'm not sure AJ Mac is going to do much better. Driskel might actually be better in this "run for your life" offense we have going on. though. don't expect him to have good passing numbers though. The way things are going, Dalton will be sidelined inside of 3 weeks.