• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals vs. Ravens Week 1

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is the D a bright spot for the team, or are the Ravens just trash on offense again this year?

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One step forward, two steps back. Same goddamn thing for 15 fucking years.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel completely lifeless.

Mind as well pop open some old Bearcats highlights. At least they're enthusiastic.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Sigh *

Fuck this. Lol mercy button already.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All we can do is throw slants because the o line can't hold up.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be a long season

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aaaaaand the NFL is rigged.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trying to get gumption enough to get up and do something else... yard work, taking a hike, etc.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'd say there's a chance of a come back, because we're the better team. but obviously, the Bengals are not prepared for this game. they look lost, they are making dumb mistakes which shoes their lack of focus and preparation. these kind of problems stem from the coaching staff. when you have a man on your team who is allowed to slug people in bars and spit on nurses while drunk, it's obvious you lack strong leadership.

calling it now...

ravens win, maybe the texans won't be so lucky.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green not giving up. He's going to be awesome when he finally gets to play for a real team.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'd say there's a chance of a come back, because we're the better team. but obviously, the Bengals are not prepared for this game. they look lost, they are making dumb mistakes which shoes their lack of focus and preparation. these kind of problems stem from the coaching staff. when you have a man on your team who is allowed to slug people in bars and spit on nurses while drunk, it's obvious you lack strong leadership.

calling it now...

ravens win, maybe the texans won't be so lucky.

My wife asked me "what is the deal with the Bengals, they always have so much talent but can never do anything with it" to which I replied with one word: "Coaching"

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I didn't miss the game despite not watching a minute of it.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's getting to be if you've seen one bengals game you've pretty much seen them all.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch a single second of the game. I was at Findlay Market with a lovely woman.

I doubt I'll watch any game this season. It's just enough already.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only watched parts. And I shut it off for good after we failed to get points midway through the 3rd quarter. A few observations from what I saw:

1) I think it's pretty clear that the offensive line is terrible and anyone that was fooling themselves that they would come around is probably feeling a little silly this morning. Yes, the Ravens D is a top 10 bunch, but our line was badly overmatched.

2) Ken Zampese is a significant drop-off compared to Gruden and Jackson. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last year because it was his first year and we never had our full unit. Any competent o-coordinator would die to have Green, Eifert, Bernard, and Mixon at his disposal - Not to mention Boyd and LaFell who are both servicable particularly as 5th and 6th options.

3) The team has no leadership and is likely to implode. Players aren't stupid - They know that Marvin is coaching in his last year and they aren't exactly playing like they care. The new 'leaders' of this team are Green and Dalton - And both guys run pretty hot and cold. Not exactly a steadying force.

4) As was the case last year, without Burfict the defense is ordinary at best. And the erosion of talent along the defensive line is catching up.

5) Dre and Jackson are good corners. Dennard is horrible. He needs to go.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was rough. Offensive line looks as bad as everyone thought they would. Dalton had no time to throw and it got into his head with Suggs on the blind side. WR's were not getting open. Core looked good though. Both times Dalton went deep to him, he had beat his man, but Dalton over threw one and under threw the other. We didn't do enough screen passes in my opinion with the way Baltimore was rushing and the talent of our RB's. Granted, you can't just throw a screen every play, but I am sure it would have forced Baltimore to think about the rush a little bit.

If Dalton doesn't get a little more protection, I can see this becoming a weekly trend as he panics and starts throwing prayers into the secondary, or just throwing the ball out of bounds 3 straight times and making us punt.

I can't believe he threw that 4th down pass at the end of the game through the end zone. It is 4th down, we are deep in their end anyways, just try to give your WR a chance even if covered. Worst case scenario, they intercept the ball and return it for a TD. Who cares at that point. It was do or die, there was no second chances beyond that series of downs.

Oh well, here is praying that Thursday Night doesn't go as badly.