• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals Sign CB Benwikere

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When No. 1 cornerback Josh Norman fled Carolina for Washington, the Panthers drafted three rookie corners to put around Benwikere last spring. Benwikere, who played 37 percent of his snaps in the slot while starting four games in 2015, had been rated by profootballfocus.com the 17th best corner in the NFL as a rookie and the 50th in a 2015 season he never saw the postseason because he broke his leg in December.

There is our CB so we don't have to draft one high in t he draft now.

Adam Jones time is about over I think.

Let Kirkpatrick go too. I think we can find a lower round pick CB that can help.

Dennard, Jackson, Benwikere, Shaw, and a lower round CB

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the guy who got absolutely abused by Julio Jones for 300 yards. Got cut 3 times last year. Let's not call off the CB search just yet.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the guy who got absolutely abused by Julio Jones for 300 yards. Got cut 3 times last year. Let's not call off the CB search just yet.

He and Dennard are day 1 starters..... Finally smart enough to cut Pacman and too cheap to pay Kirkpatrick.

William Jackson will be stuck on special teams until we figure out he's better than the garbage we have starting.

Who-Dey!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to Benwikere, there was a lot more to that game plan that allowed Julio Jones to rack up 300 yards than just his play. He admitted he played poorly that game, but it wasn't just him that was the issue.

But when he fell to a No. 178 ranking after the fourth week of this past season, the Panthers didn’t let him dig out of the hole and cut him the Friday after PFF charted him for allowing 220 of Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones’ 300 yards in Carolina’s 48-31 loss.

“A lot of things went wrong in that game,” Benwikere said. “We had one guy on him and he ended up getting hurt. We had another guy on him and then I went on him and at the end of it my name gets the torch for it and that’s kind of what it was.”

But Benwikere, who turns 26 the week before the opener on Sept. 3, said he learned plenty from the move.

“It was a new role and with each new role it gets bumps and bruises and I just happened to get a big bump and big bruise when it came to me,” Benwikere said. “I was a leader to a young group. I never had a leadership role and I thought I was doing it the right way.

“One thing I realized being in this loop is the leader just isn’t a person that says, ‘You do your assignment, I’ll do my assignment, it’s all good.’ The leader has to make sure he’s doing his assignment and then make sure he’s always overseeing the other assignments to make sure they’re good as well. I thought it was leading by example by going through my assignments, but I should have been able to do my assignment and help the other assignments.”

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still need to sign Dre. I don't want to start the season with our 2 starters have no real experience.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh gosh, those uneducated Steeler trolls will never be able to spell his name.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still need to sign Dre. I don't want to start the season with our 2 starters have no real experience.

I agree. And I think it's a possibility. But some team might throw a bunch of change at him and the Bengals might be a day late and dollar short.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. And I think it's a possibility. But some team might throw a bunch of change at him and the Bengals might be a day late and dollar short.
Aren't they always a dollar short?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennard, Jackson, Benwikere, and the kid they signed from K.C. was a high draft pick, right?

If you can really upgrade the pass-rush, your CB's will automatically get a bump. Focus on getting the QB with the DL and the team can afford to get a bit younger at the CB position.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They couldn't spell Corey Dillon, they will not be able to spell Benwikere!