• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Bengals Re-sign Lewis Rating

How would you rate the Bengals re-signing Marvin Lewis?

• Terrible

• Worst coaching move ever

• Worst ANY move ever

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Bengals are freakin' idiots

Results are only viewable after voting.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. He did a fine job for several years, based off of what they were before he got there. But yeah, he definitely needs to be gone at this point. They must not care about their fans, because like you said they're obviously content with being around .500-ish.

Seeing your UGA logo...I'm sure you remember David Pollack and his time in CIN...David is one of the nicest guys in sports media. Before he got the ESPN gig he did some local radio sportstalk.

Even David couldn't hold back...when asked about his time in CIN...he basically said the Bengals had the worst practice facilities in the league, and no indoor practice facility which was supposedly a mandate of Lewis before he was extended the previous time.

If it as just one player, maybe you think sour grapes or whatever, but Reggie Kelly, TE...another metro area player that played in CIN...I've met him personally and have heard very similar comments from him.

Long and short...ownership in CIN, they basically want a competitive team. I don't think they really care about winning a SB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well someone is menstruating.

And the rule is asinine and biased. If an owner doesn't feel the need to interview a minority coach he should not be forced to. Example: If Belichick decided he was done in NE but still wanted to coach and the Phins were looking for a coach and were hell bent on BB based on merit sure would suck being the token minority forced to sit through an interview for a job you know damn well you won't get because the league is insecure.

Since we are being funny...I'll play along...What do they call it? menopause maybe?

On the RR today? I agree 100%...today.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we are being funny...I'll play along...What do they call it? menopause maybe?

On the RR today? I agree 100%...today.

I think most agree minorities should be given a fair shot. But when there is a proven commodity and the outcome seems obvious then I question it. But like I said I think it would suck being put in that situation.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most agree minorities should be given a fair shot. But when there is a proven commodity and the outcome seems obvious then I question it. But like I said I think it would suck being put in that situation.

FWIW, I know you were just joking...and I'm not that thinned skinned.

I think there was a time when the RR had real purpose of getting minority guys an interview...really just to see how the process goes for some of them. Take Dungy for instance...he didn't get hired on his 1st or 2nd interview but he learned the process. He got better at the interview process because he knew what type questions they ask, etc.

But after your 4th or 5th interview and no job...yeah it would suck to get that call knowing it's a token. Today...the RR has run it course...if you are very good at your job, you will get noticed and you'll likely get hired.

IMO the biggest problem with NFL HCs in general regardless the race of the person...many of these guys get these jobs without having any HC experience on any level. They seem to think that being a OC or DC is enough preparation...I'm not so sure it is.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is much worse than the Browns keeping Hue Jackson. Jackson only coached for one year and the Browns are very young. With their draft this year, I see them winning 4-5 games next year and 6-10 the next.
The Browns have picks 1, 4, 33, 36, 55, and that is just the first 2 rounds. They also have 7 picks in rounds 3-7.

Marvin Lewis has been shit in Cincy for many years. He's has talented teams that he couldn't win a playoff game with.

Hue has coached for 3 years, 2 with the Browns. 8-8 with the Raiders, followed by a stellar 1-31 with the Browns. That one win? A 3 pt home victory over the 5-11 lame duck San Diego Chargers.

9-39 <<<< 125-112-3. 7 playoff appearances (all losses) for Lewis. Middling, but not record-breaking awful like Hue with the Browns. Can't win playoff games >>>> can't win ANY games

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still get's that interviewee's name out there, better than no chance at all.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walterfootball.com gave this an “A” signing

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue has coached for 3 years, 2 with the Browns. 8-8 with the Raiders, followed by a stellar 1-31 with the Browns. That one win? A 3 pt home victory over the 5-11 lame duck San Diego Chargers.

9-39 <<<< 125-112-3. 7 playoff appearances (all losses) for Lewis. Middling, but not record-breaking awful like Hue with the Browns. Can't win playoff games >>>> can't win ANY games
15 seasons...or 2 seasons.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure why I thought he'd only been there this year. Even so, I think I would go with Jackson given the choice. The Browns are correct to keep him. No good candidates want the job. They need stability with what they are trying to build.

Marvin has under performed for 15 years.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with it, in fact elated. Just not much coaching talent out there that is available. After evaluating the talent available, I just couldn't see anyone worth paying. Also, don't really want Marvin Lewis out there coaching for another team.

Bengals sticking to the plan!

giphy.gif

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So If Marvin Lewis wins a playoff game, does that mean he gets fired in the offseason for breaking the trend?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why I thought he'd only been there this year. Even so, I think I would go with Jackson given the choice. The Browns are correct to keep him. No good candidates want the job. They need stability with what they are trying to build.

Marvin has under performed for 15 years.

What do you call an NFL record 1-31 if Marvin's steady record of above .500 is underperforming?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you call an NFL record 1-31 if Marvin's steady record of above .500 is underperforming?
Neither are really acceptable, but the Bengals have had good talent on their team. The Browns not so much.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither are really acceptable, but the Bengals have had good talent on their team. The Browns not so much.
Plus the biggest thing here is Lewis has had 15 years to do something. Jackson has had 2. Not saying Jackson has done good or should even keep his job. But saying Lewis keeping his job is definitely worse to me.